The NFL cover-up that started it all

Gen X Jet

Trash.

The Patriots have the highest winning % in the league since 2007, missed a 19-0 season via the most miraculous play in Superbowl history, and lost another one with another amazing reception. Beyond that, three AFC Championships in a row.

This article is for bitter whiners.

All NY Jets fans have left is to hope NE loses.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

I don't know what's sadder about our fan boy wicked idiot

is it sadder to have all of your self esteem flow from other peoples "accomplishments" ?

is it sadder if those "accomplishments" are forever tainted because of blatant and obvious cheating ?

or is it saddest that he points to evidence they are still cheating as some sort of exoneration ?

nah the saddest part is he still believes fans around the sports world respect the cheaters in any way shape of form

• Upvote 2

is it sadder to have all of your self esteem flow from other peoples "accomplishments" ?

is it sadder if those "accomplishments" are forever tainted because of blatant and obvious cheating ?

or is it saddest that he points to evidence they are still cheating as some sort of exoneration ?

nah the saddest part is he still believes fans around the sports world respect the cheaters in any way shape of form

a lot of real talk here 

This is probably why you believe the word "Spygate" implies a sinister Belichick tinfoil hat conspiracy about Superbowls being "stolen" via some all knowing, mind reading, super scheme involving complete prior knowledge of all future plays.

You invent a lot of imaginary characteristics for things that aren't really there.

• Thumb Down 1

Like the Yankees' late '90's championships are forever stained by steroids, Spygate and the blatant cheating did the same for the early '00's Pats.  

The point of the article was to illustrate how Goodell has been a company man from the start.  He'd rather sweep things under the rug and destroy evidence rather than confront the problem at hand.  One could argue that Spygate emboldened Goodell and created the situation he now finds himself re domestic violence and sexual assault.

Like the Yankees' late '90's championships are forever stained by steroids, Spygate and the blatant cheating did the same for the early '00's Pats.  

The point of the article was to illustrate how Goodell has been a company man from the start.  He'd rather sweep things under the rug and destroy evidence rather than confront the problem at hand.  One could argue that Spygate emboldened Goodell and created the situation he now finds himself re domestic violence and sexual assault.

One could argue he is a reactionary moron who consistantly and always bungles discipline, and Crygate was the first and worst example. There was no "blatant" cheating. You guys just repeat things until they become true in your own heads. The Patriots were in violation of a league memo that was sent to all teams in 2007. It stated opposing signals could no longer be filmed from the press box.  Belichick believed the film just couldn't be used on the same day, which is actually what the memo said.

Roger Goodell found the Patriots in violation of this rule with the Mangini episode, and punished the Patriots heavy handedly for defying his memo, in his mind, just after he was made league Commisioner.

That is it. Being fined for a league rule violation is not "blatant cheating"

If you have a part of this story that I'm missing that isn't based on someone's imagination, I'm happy to hear how you make the extroardinary leap from that to "blatant cheating" to apparantly "steal Superbowls."

• Thumb Down 1

One could argue he is a reactionary moron who consistantly and always bungles discipline, and Crygate was the first and worst example. There was no "blatant" cheating. You guys just repeat things until they become true in your own heads. The Patriots were in violation of a league memo that was sent to all teams in 2007. It stated opposing signals could no longer be filmed from the press box.  Belichick believed the film just couldn't be used on the same day, which is actually what the memo said.

Roger Goodell found the Patriots in violation of this rule with the Mangini episode, and punished the Patriots heavy handedly for defying his memo, in his mind, just after he was made league Commisioner.

That is it. Being fined for a league rule violation is not "blatant cheating"

If you have a part of this story that I'm missing that isn't based on someone's imagination, I'm happy to hear how you make the extroardinary leap from that to "blatant cheating" to apparantly "steal Superbowls."

and because the Pats violated the league rule Goodell who was mad at the Pats violating his memo decided to take that anger out on the tapes that he had with him of the incidents and destroyed them. Late he realized that oopsie daisy no one can see those tapes now.

There you go now we have all the loose ends tied and people will not doubt the Pats and start believing this true true true story.

and because the Pats violated the league rule Goodell who was mad at the Pats violating his memo decided to take that anger out on the tapes that he had with him of the incidents and destroyed them. Late he realized that oopsie daisy no one can see those tapes now.

There you go now we have all the loose ends tied and people will not doubt the Pats and start believing this true true true story.

Dude, WTF do you think was on these tapes? Two of them aired on national television - one with the networks, and one with Fox News.

What do you think was on them? What do you think was going on on the sidelines with the Superbowls? What in any game footage does it appear to you that something scandalous is taking place on the sidelines with the coaching staff?

Where?

• Thumb Down 1

Clemmens, Pettite, Posada, A-Rod....to name a few....but the question should be - how many pro athletes do not use PED's?

Clemens, Pettitte were there. I have no doubt Clemens was. Pettitte not sure if he was doing it during that era, the years he was in Houston and his second tour of New York would be a better shot.

A-Rod wasn't with the Yanks in the late 90's, and I have no idea where Posada came from. 

I am sure though there were probably a couple of relief pitchers that were named in that report. Just don't know the names off the top of my head

You don't want to type it because when you translate your thoughts into text you'll see how laughable it is.

Come on, tell me. What were the Patriots doing? How were they cheating? What was the process during the game clock?

I asked you to use your common sense or any sense in your being to figure out. Obviously that is too hard for you. 

So if infact the tapes were exculpatory they wont have been burned down in such a hush hush manner without anyone else getting a look at them. Obviously no one got a look at them. Now you can walk away with your conclusions.

I asked you to use your common sense or any sense in your being to figure out. Obviously that is too hard for you. 

So if infact the tapes were exculpatory they wont have been burned down in such a hush hush manner without anyone else getting a look at them. Obviously no one got a look at them. Now you can walk away with your conclusions.

lol

• Thumb Down 2