2014-2015 New York Knicks

Jetlife33

The biggest shame in all of this is that the backup plan to Jordan and LMA (neither of whom are coming here) should be tanking next year.

At least if the Lakers go that same route, their pick is top-3 protected... I can't wait to see who Denver takes with our top-5 pick.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. The other potential disaster is, after losing out on Jordan and LMA, that they try to sign Tobias Harris.

I don't think Phil will do that. Most likely you'll see a combo of Patrick Beverly/Lin/Kendrick Perkins on 1-2 year deals.

I figured Monroe was window dressing. Phil's real target is Aldridge or Jordan but probably not happening Aldridge has to go be Robin to Duncan's batman in San Antonio.

The biggest shame in all of this is that the backup plan to Jordan and LMA (neither of whom are coming here) should be tanking next year.

At least if the Lakers go that same route, their pick is top-3 protected... I can't wait to see who Denver takes with our top-5 pick.

The only saving grace is next years draft doesn't look as good as this year's.

I don't think Phil will do that. Most likely you'll see a combo of Patrick Beverly/Lin/Kendrick Perkins on 1-2 year deals.

I figured Monroe was window dressing. Phil's real target is Aldridge or Jordan but probably not happening Aldridge has to go be Robin to Duncan's batman in San Antonioat least make

Perkins is sh*t and a sizeable downgrade from the likes of Cole Aldrich IMO.  No need to sign a guy who can no longer protect the rim and shoots 45% when 90% of his shots come from < 10 feet from the basket.  I'd hope they make a run at Sideshow Bob or Koufos instead.

Toronto has the pick and still can't understand why Grunwald traded a 1st rounder for Bargnani when it was a salary dump by Toronto and it was, at best, a 50/50 proposition he'd re-sign with Knicks.  Grunwald didn't even lottery protect it.  Makes no sense to me and he was never asked about it because he was fired shortly thereafter.

Toronto has the pick and still can't understand why Grunwald traded a 1st rounder for Bargnani when it was a salary dump by Toronto and it was, at best, a 50/50 proposition he'd re-sign with Knicks. Grunwald didn't even lottery protect it. Makes no sense to me and he was never asked about it because he was fired shortly thereafter.

He didn't lottery protect it because there was no point. Denver still gets to swap.

It's kind of amazing that he drafted Porkstraps Kraznpingas as a 3-year project and he's going to have to start him because he's apparently incapable of signing anyone.

Toronto has the pick and still can't understand why Grunwald traded a 1st rounder for Bargnani when it was a salary dump by Toronto and it was, at best, a 50/50 proposition he'd re-sign with Knicks.  Grunwald didn't even lottery protect it.  Makes no sense to me and he was never asked about it because he was fired shortly thereafter.

As 'The Artist Formerly Known As...' correctly stated, Denver has the right to swap (with Toronto) next year, so they'll get whichever is the better pick between their own and the Knicks'.

Jordan met with Dallas for like a week. He saved LA for last to give them a final push. Somewhere in between there he made an hour for Phil. If he pulls this off I will eat my own penis.

Supposedly him and Chris Paul aren't getting along. Why stay in the West if you come East your only competition to get in the finals is lebron and a flawed supporting cast.

As 'The Artist Formerly Known As...' correctly stated, Denver has the right to swap (with Toronto) next year, so they'll get whichever is the better pick between their own and the Knicks'.

Got it.  But Knicks are free and clear on the 2017 1st rounders and after, and they'll need them.  The 2016 draft is not going to be that good as this year or last so losing out on a 1st isn't that bad.

Marc Berman: David Falk states for record #Knicks offered max to Monroe for any amount of years he wanted. Was all about Bucks readier to make playoffs

Oh Phil.

Phil got saved from himself, again.  He did good in draft, but when it comes to veteran players, jeez.

Knicks need defenders in FA because they have enough O-centric players now.  The Monroe miss is a blessing in disguise because it saved Jax from himself.  A deal for him made no sense.

Triangle, triangle, triangle.  Bullsh*t.  They need wing and frontcourt defenders because they don't have any.  Now, they at least have AA. Lopez would be a decent signing. 

More likely to happen next offseason, when basically every team not named the Nets will have the cap room to take on his salary.

I've been saying this for the longest, but certain people (mattdetroit), said it was crazy.  Anybody can be traded, especially when there is no cap issue like next year.

Even Deron Williams?

Yep, even Deron Williams.  Once the cap opens up, teams can afford to take a chance.

Think about it.  With the cap opening up by almost $30 million, wouldn't the Cavs be interested in having Williams as a backup to Kyrie?

Archived