2014-2015 New York Knicks

Jetlife33

I have been keeping a tally I have literally explained to you 6,475 times the errors in their model and why regression is a flawed means of interpreting basketball. Stop grandstanding for the imp and Shane or I am going to have to start charging you.

Aaron Sorkin man. Jesus. You're ******* losing it.

I KNEW IT! This thread had a very Newroomian vibe to it for a while. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The odd thing is that for a faux aggressive dudebro post you'd think he would have gone with The Social Network.

He did write A Few Good Men, he can't be that bad. Although you'd think he could have worked on getting a little Demi side-boob action in there somehow. 

He did write A Few Good Men, he can't be that bad. Although you'd think he could have worked on getting a little Demi side-boob action in there somehow.

He did that new Steve Jobs flick too, which I'm ashamed to say I have interest in because of Fassbender. Despite the fact that no scene will resemble any sort of human conversation whatsoever.

He did that new Steve Jobs flick too, which I'm ashamed to say I have interest in because of Fassbender. Despite the fact that no scene will resemble any sort of human conversation whatsoever.

Exactly how I felt about Charlie Wilson's War. I liked it because of PSH, I'll see anything that gives that man screen time, but you're right, everything was dripping with rhetoric and ego, making sure everyone knew how smart he was.  But PSH makes up for all. Like Along Came Polly, god I loved that man. RAINDANCE! WHITECHOCOLATE!

Right. Because there's no middle ground between multiple miracles and the sh*t we ended up getting. It's either two max guys and the best player in the draft or 30M a year committed to average players when we're a million miles from contending. Portland lost four starters, and with them twice as many wins as our whole roster produced, and they still had a much better offseason than we did. Spare me the buttsniffing what were we supposed to do nonsense. Anything. But. This.

We have approximately $25 million in cap room next season once the cap is raised. There's only one Aldridge(who can't play with Anthony anyway) and one Deandre Jordan and half the NBA tried to sign both of them including their old teams who had more $ to offer and the lakers with all their advantages.

30m a year committed to average players -- none of the contracts are bad the only long term deal is for Lopez and he's a 27 year old big man who plays D.

The thing about wins produced and Carmelo, or the Spurs maxing Aldridge, is that, as Marty McFly once said, it brings a murky problem into specific relief. You can tell by observation that these guys are good jump-shooters, while it stands to simple reason that these kinds of shots aren't as efficient as three-pointers or shots at the rim. So what's it worth to be good at something you'd rather not be doing in the first place. The model at least has a principled approach to figuring this out, and you can't articulate a more reasoned objection to the way it does this than inane claptrap about the usefulness of regression analysis generally with regard to basketball generally (none of which frankly makes any goddamned sense and is dumb in the abstract anyway). Why is conventional wisdom right and WP wrong as to how this specific skill is valued?

Looking back, Melo was overrated in Denver while his teammates were underrated. Nene was a Knick once too, oof.

Exactly how I felt about Charlie Wilson's War. I liked it because of PSH, I'll see anything that gives that man screen time, but you're right, everything was dripping with rhetoric and ego, making sure everyone knew how smart he was. But PSH makes up for all. Like Along Came Polly, god I loved that man. RAINDANCE! WHITECHOCOLATE!

dat mustache tho

Looking back, Melo was overrated in Denver while his teammates were underrated. Nene was a Knick once too, oof.

Someone posted a flowchart of the potential team the Knicks could have if they didn't trade for Big Eddy and a litany of other poor moves, the team is staggering.  I know they could probably do that for most teams poor moves, but I have to imagine it's not to the magnitude that ours have been. 

I have been keeping a tally I have literally explained to you 6,475 times the errors in their model and why regression is a flawed means of interpreting basketball. Stop grandstanding for the imp and Shane or I am going to have to start charging you.

Aaron Sorkin man. Jesus. You're ******* losing it.

If I must bang my head against a wall, I pick #4. You keep trying to debunk WP but every time you even meander into coherence it's just some tired sh*t that's refuted right in the wages FAQ. This is like trying to reason with SMC about Sanchez.

If I must bang my head against a wall, I pick #4. You keep trying to debunk WP but every time you even meander into coherence it's just some tired sh*t that's refuted right in the wages FAQ. This is like trying to reason with SMC about Sanchez.

I couldn't help it. I had a soft spot in my heart for Sanchez like you do for kathoey.

That sounds about right. As far as I know if you want to do the coding and tagging stuff West and lexis still pay better.

Outside vendors pretty much handle that stuff now, so the pay is sh*t.  Then again, there are those who graduated from law school between 2008 and 2011.  They're lucky if they're working at Burger King.

Outside vendors pretty much handle that stuff now, so the pay is sh*t.  Then again, there are those who graduated from law school between 2008 and 2011.  They're lucky if they're working at Burger King.

Yeah, it's the worst. We may have missed out on the gold rush but the poor bastards a couple years behind me are just ****ed. One girl who was clerking for me when the nonprofit went under in 2011 is just now starting in the PD's office. Even when they were doing projects in-house I got a much better deal contract editing CoA and PoF for West than Jones Day was offering, but as I understand it the scam back then was the per diems which I wouldn't have had access to since they have an office here.

Graduated in 2009 currently making $80k plus bennies.

Just gotta get out of NY.  Too many lawyers.

There are too many lawyers everywhere. It's just that if you move somewhere else and are on the internet your associate salary sounds closer to being worth having to be somebody's bitch.

Kristaps Porzingis has been added to the New York Knicks Summer League roster.
This will be fun to see as the basketball world will get its first up-close look at Porzingis in Las Vegas on Saturday. The 18-year-old's huge upside could prove to be a very valuable asset in dynasty fantasy leagues, but he is a bit of a project and is unlikely to make much of a difference for owners in standard leagues.
Source: Marc Berman on Twitter Jul 7 - 1:44 PM

Will be nice to see the kid play and hopefully downplay the extent of his hip tightness/injury.  The Latvian national team also announced that he wouldn't be playing for them, as he chose to spend the summer training with Knicks' coaches instead.  Kid seems to be doing and saying all the right things, maybe the Knicks lucked out..

This will be fun to see as the basketball world will get its first up-close look at Porzingis in Las Vegas on Saturday. The 18-year-old's huge upside could prove to be a very valuable asset in dynasty fantasy leagues, but he is a bit of a project and is unlikely to make much of a difference for owners in standard leagues.

Will be nice to see the kid play and hopefully downplay the extent of his hip tightness/injury.  The Latvian national team also announced that he wouldn't be playing for them, as he chose to spend the summer training with Knicks' coaches instead.  Kid seems to be doing and saying all the right things, maybe the Knicks lucked out..

Well that's good. 

Will be nice to see the kid play and hopefully downplay the extent of his hip tightness/injury. The Latvian national team also announced that he wouldn't be playing for them, as he chose to spend the summer training with Knicks' coaches instead. Kid seems to be doing and saying all the right things, maybe the Knicks lucked out..

KRISPYSNAPS PACLAPSIS

That's good to hear.

I didn't think he backed out of EuroCup because of injury.  He said before that he wants to stay in NY for the summer and move near the Westchester facility, and he's said now he wants to train with Knicks coaches.

I think the kid can at least put on 10 pounds before the season under the right nutritionist and training.  KP already said he has a Knicks nutritionist.

That's good to hear.

I didn't think he backed out of EuroCup because of injury.  He said before that he wants to stay in NY for the summer and move near the Westchester facility, and he's said now he wants to train with Knicks coaches.

I think the kid can at least put on 10 pounds before the season under the right nutritionist and training.  KP already said he has a Knicks nutritionist.

While it might not be the 20 lbs of muscle and 5 inches of roidian-esque gainz that WCS put on in a couple months, he should easily be able to pack on 10+ lbs.  The kid is a 7'1"+ teenager, putting on weight should be no problem as long as he's willing to work at it.  I also wouldn't be surprised if he grows another inch or two by the time it's all said and done. 

Archived