2014-2015 New York Knicks

Jetlife33

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's as if having PTSD when looking at Knicks' past draft.  Just saw an article on re-drafting 2003 draft, one of the best ever.

Forget about not having any shot at LBJ, Wade, Bosh of Mello.  Knicks passed on David West to take Mike Sweatney

It's as if having PTSD when looking at Knicks' past draft.  Just saw an article on re-drafting 2003 draft, one of the best ever.

Forget about not having any shot at LBJ, Wade, Bosh of Mello.  Knicks passed on David West to take Mike Sweatney

I liked Sweets. That second year he had, it looked like he was making some real progress. Dude just couldn't lay off the cheese. There was one season he had with the Bulls, I remember he came back looking like Shawn Kemp did after the lockout.

michael_sweetney_free_throw.jpg

In retrospect- have the Knicks made a legit good move or pick over the past 15 years? Chandler maybe?

The kid is a 7'1"+ teenager, putting on weight should be no problem as long as he's willing to work at it. 

When I was 6'4" and 15 years old and still growing I consumed 3,000 calories a day and worked out 6 days a week and looked like porzingas.

we need to be patient

brick played LT at 285 as a rookie

In retrospect- have the Knicks made a legit good move or pick over the past 15 years? Chandler maybe?

Lee and Ariza were good picks as well.  It was a combination of problems.  Making good pick and not developing or having a high pick and screwing it up.

For instance, I like Galinari, but he wasn't worth a top 6 pick.

Lee and Ariza were good picks as well. It was a combination of problems. Making good pick and not developing or having a high pick and screwing it up.

Who did they even get back for Ariza

Lee and Ariza were good picks as well.  It was a combination of problems.  Making good pick and not developing or having a high pick and screwing it up.

That sh*t really is amazing. Knicks get stuck with a European dude instead of two future All-Stars because they were drafting two picks too low. When has that ever happened before? I can't think of a single other time the Knicks did that. Ever. Truly a legitimately unique scenario. Like a snowflake.

That sh*t really is amazing. Knicks get stuck with a European dude instead of two future All-Stars because they were drafting two picks too low. When has that ever happened before? I can't think of a single other time the Knicks did that. Ever. Truly a legitimately unique scenario. Like a snowflake.

We passed on more good players than we didn't get a crack at in the first place. Good god look at that draft. Jordan Dragic Asik just in the second.

I'm pretty sure a team composed entirely of dudes we got rid of to acquire or accommodate Carmelo beats the current roster by 20 wins/season minimum.

You're underestimating the Not-Melo-Team.

You're underestimating the Not-Melo-Team.

Doesn't matter. Think about it in terms of the transitive property. Remember, everything snowballed from trading Patrick Ewing away, which Melo orchestrated from behind his Lex Luthor desk in his evil lair which already existed in Maryland. From there, he skillfully crafted the future, like a maestro constructing a delicate symphony; or, in Melo's case, Jeremy Lin leveraging his contract that the Knicks had offered him and Toronto stonewalling the sign-and-trade with Phoenix for Nash that Fields was going to be a part of. How he saw all that coming, we'll never know, but simpletons of our ilk aren't fit to ask such questions to begin with.

Doesn't matter. Think about it in terms of the transitive property. Remember, everything snowballed from trading Patrick Ewing away, which Melo orchestrated from behind his Lex Luthor desk in his evil lair which already existed in Maryland. From there, he skillfully crafted the future, like a maestro constructing a delicate symphony; or, in Melo's case, Jeremy Lin leveraging his contract that the Knicks had offered him and Toronto stonewalling the sign-and-trade with Phoenix for Nash that Fields was going to be a part of. How he saw all that coming, we'll never know, but simpletons of our ilk aren't fit to ask such questions to begin with.

You forgot the monocle. And please with the ilk sh*t. That's the last thing this thread needs.

When I was 6'4" and 15 years old and still growing I consumed 3,000 calories a day and worked out 6 days a week and looked like porzingas.

we need to be patient

brick played LT at 285 as a rookie

It's not my fault you weren't dedicated enough to consume 5,000 calories a day, Larz. 

Archived