Manziel

ucrenegade

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not saying I want him, but BASED ON WHAT?

Lol, I've never really seen a quarterback in this league survive by abandoning the pocket if no ones open after a half second, only to throw off of his back foot and have the ball soar through the air for 5 seconds, and have mike evans somehow come down with it, without mike evans on the team. He looks pretty shook on the field and it'd just be a waste of time. 

Not saying it's a good idea, but John Idzik passing on Manziel didn't happen in a vacuum. I'm higher on Manziel than Smith. You?

What does one have to do with the other?

Geno's a goner. They're going to bring in another QB or two next year. Idzik isn't gong to trade for a guy he passed on last year. They did their evaluation on him, and he wasn't their choice. He may turn out okay. Who knows? But he's not coming here anytime soon, and I'd prefer a bigger guy with a less interesting off field persona, anyway.

Apples to apples, but i've give geno an edge.

well they do both play football like it is madden or tecmo bowl but i give manziel the edge because of the unkown............we know how sucky geno is.............you can't say how bad a QB is until you see him in gametime action against pro-defenses.

well they do both play football like it is madden or tecmo bowl but i give manziel the edge because of the unkown............we know how sucky geno is.............you can't say how bad a QB is until you see him in gametime action against pro-defenses.

I guess, but I've also seen him miss throws and be terrible against 2nd and 3rd stringers. I know, 'preseason'. 

What does one have to do with the other?

Geno's a goner. They're going to bring in another QB or two next year. Idzik isn't gong to trade for a guy he passed on last year. They did their evaluation on him, and he wasn't their choice. He may turn out okay. Who knows? But he's not coming here anytime soon, and I'd prefer a bigger guy with a less interesting off field persona, anyway.

I'm not saying he would, or should. But your point about how Idzik felt about him had a little to do with his hopes for Geno, is my point. So it wasn't really about how he felt about Manziel, but other factors. He passed on Garropolo, Bridgewater and Carr (I think). He made it clear how he felt about them, then?

How good did geno look pre-season? and how is that working out for sundays?

Thank you for proving my point, he looked pretty good vs the 1s, and really good against the 2s. And now he sucks. Manziel looked sh*tty against everyone. 

I'm not really trying to back up my argument with preseason play, I know Manziel's tendencies, good and bad, and out of college I knew he wouldn't amount to much. When you say they looked like they were playing madden, this is literally the exact case. It's like when the computer runs to one side, does that backhand jeter throw and throws a dime to someone on the opposite side of the field. Mike Evans and co. won him the heisman, and he just won't amount to much in the NFL. I think trading for him would be a Jets move. And by Jets I mean terrible and strictly for the headlines. 

How good did geno look pre-season? and how is that working out for sundays?

Actually he looked Meh in preseason.  Couldn't understand what all the hoopla was about.

RTG's

Week 1  Smith 84.6,  Simms 80.6

Week 2   Smith 65.5   Vick 117.8

Week 3  Smith 120.2  Simms 111   Vick 135.4.  All the QB's had a good day against the Giants

Nothing to really get excited about there

Compared to what he is doing now, yeah he was better, hard not to be

I'm not saying he would, or should. But your point about how Idzik felt about him had a little to do with his hopes for Geno, is my point. So it wasn't really about how he felt about Manziel, but other factors. He passed on Garropolo, Bridgewater and Carr (I think). He made it clear how he felt about them, then?

I think so. He made it clear they weren't worth the first or second round pick to acquire them, yes. Going forward, you're not judging them against Geno, either. You're judging them against the upcoming draft class, or anyone who might be available in free agency.

I think so. He made it clear they weren't worth the first or second round pick to acquire them, yes. Going forward, you're not judging them against Geno, either. You're judging them against the upcoming draft class, or anyone who might be available in free agency.

That is the key depending on where we draft and who is a FA but like I said if we don't give up to much I would take manziel in a heartbeat over geno.

He is not under contract next year and I highly doubt that Cleveland would tag him this a franchise average of the top five QB's. Hoyer is a good QB but not worth that kind of money.  

people in cleveland are really starting to believe in this guy you really think the owners would be stupid enough to not get a deal done.

people in cleveland are really starting to believe in this guy you really think the owners would be stupid enough to not get a deal done.

When has Cleveland ever done the right thing? If Hoyer continues to play well, he's going to demand real starter dollars and guaranteed money. Cleveland's not going to do that with Jonny Football waiting in the wings, and I don't think they have the guts to trade him. 

When has Cleveland ever done the right thing? If Hoyer continues to play well, he's going to demand real starter dollars and guaranteed money. Cleveland's not going to do that with Jonny Football waiting in the wings, and I don't think they have the guts to trade him. 

Haslam has only owned them for 2 years to short of a time to see what kind of owner he is. So far I say he is doing better than woody.

Archived