Anyone else rather see Powell getting CJ's reps?

BroadwayJets

Powell can catch, and is probably a better runner right now than Chris Johnson. I'm quite sick of watching CJ fail to be honest. That one 35 TD run wasn't really impressive. Seemed like the defense gave up, and I feel like that's the only thing keeping his reps going. We were way more effective last year with Powell/Ivory. 

What i am disappointed in is the fact CJ came into the season  a better receiver than Powell. And he has struggled there. Powell had 250 plus  yards receiving last season. I would want him to have more chances to add to that.

Also youngplayers play best in their contract years. I think for Powell that is this season. So yeah more reps would be great.

Powell can catch, and is probably a better runner right now than Chris Johnson. I'm quite sick of watching CJ fail to be honest. That one 35 TD run wasn't really impressive. Seemed like the defense gave up, and I feel like that's the only thing keeping his reps going. We were way more effective last year with Powell/Ivory. 

Overdue already...seen enough of the CJ2 yards a carry

Agreed, Powell needs more burn

I was hoping CJ was going to be another LaDainian Tomlinson for us, but clearly he's not. He's only on the field at this point for his home run potential, but that's also clearly diminished.

Really, the reason you turn to Powell is because he's more consistent, and doesn't make mistakes. The Jets need a lot more of that on offense.

Forgot to mention that Ivory, the guy who can't catch, has more catches and DOUBLE the yards of CJ receiving.

One thing we can all agree on about Idzik is that he is good at creating contracts. He'll (CJ) be gone after this year and not have to deal with his baggage and 4 million next year.

Archived