The Official Jets \ Patriots Thread

Maxman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aboushi may be the best OG on the roster...at least that is promising

People bitching about his holding call-an OL guy has to do that if his QB is gonna get killed if he doesn't. He actually broke off his block to go outside and try to slow down that outside free  guy. The coaches are not going to be upset about that. It happens. 

That's actually what I was thinking, didn't know where the two "wasted" TO's were coming form.

Might have had one opinion the first half too. Huge problem though.

would have been nice to have but what's the point if they catch the D in a bad position and get a first down and ultimately a td...  either way the haters have a reason to complain.

welcome to september

Ooo, ooo... is this the start of one those chains of replies that keep going further and further back from there?  Like "Welcome to July", then then maybe april, march, january, then maybe even prior years... you get the picture.  Because you know, they've sucked for forever

I really hope we don't get 3-4 wins against sh*tty teams later on.

2005 Jets: Go 2-10. Win 2 of the last 4 games.

2007 Jets: Go 1-8. Win 3 of the last 7 games.

2013 Jets: Go 5-7. Win 3 of the last 4 games.

Conversely, when the Jets are on the cusp and have to win games at the end of season

2011 Jets: Go 8-5. Lose the last 3 games.

2012 Jets: Go 6-7. Lose the last 3 games.

Hell of a fight and more than I expected. Geno played his best game. Looking forward into next year the jets have some pieces to work with for the new head coach. Ivory is definitely a nice piece. Decker and Amaro as well. It's interesting to see how Geno will do the rest of the year. If he plays like he did tonight consistently and shows some growth as year 2 moves on. As far as defense goes the only real pieces I can think of is the defensive line.

Edit: I'm curious to see what pieces fans want to carry over into the new regime. Just might make a thread for it.

Ryan doesn't seem to grasp that while his game plan was sound it has to have so much go right to work it only takes a few minor mistakes to screw things up. The offense doesnt score enough TDs to make up for the minor errors.

All I wanted out of this game was a respectable showing. Rex and company delivered. No complaints, in light of the rest of this season.

No complaints here, in light of the fact we have all the well discussed player deficiencies we have going into the contest.

The coaches have a ton of reasons to be sh*t on for this game, but one that doesn't come close to making the list is the lack of making a stupid ass decision to go for 2 over a full quarter earlier than they needed to, with the only nonsensical logic being that they should have known that they were going to go for it later in the game when it actually made sense to do it, and they wouldn't convert it.

it was NY 12 NE 17 a 2pt conversion makes the score NY 20 NE 17. Should NE add a FG its tie game NY 20 NE 20 which is exactly what happened. Instead it was NY 19 NE 20

Archived