The Official Jets \ Patriots Thread

Maxman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I respect it. Especially from a guy who hasn't missed a game since the 80s. I'll be tuning in to watch, for how long I'm not sure. Not worth the stress.

yeah I'll peak.   but I can't tell you how nice last sunday was.  thursday night is different, I wouldn't be missing any quality family time, but last sunday we drove through some of the most beautiful countryside settings, cranking rush and the who with my son

not gonna give these bums another afternoon

after 30 years of blind loyalty, they have to earn it now

Pass-rusher Antwan Barnes active for Jets

October, 16, 2014

OCT 16

7:35

PM ET

By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

FOXBOROUGH, MASS. -- Outside linebacker Antwan Barnes, activated Wednesday from the physically-unable-to-perform list, will make his season debut Thursday night for the New York Jets, who face the New England Patriots at Gillette Stadium.

It will mark Barnes' first action since last Oct. 7. That night, he suffered a major knee injury and underwent season-ending surgery. The Jets would've preferred to wait another week before dressing Barnes -- he's had only one week of practice -- but they had an opening at linebacker with rookie Trevor Reilly (sprained knee) out of the lineup.

Curiously, the Jets have five outside linebackers dressed for the game -- Quinton Coples, Calvin Pace, Jason Babin, IK Enemkpali and Barnes. They probably will be rotating pass rushers as part of their plan to disrupt Tom Brady.

The Jets' inactives are Reilly, wide receiver Chris Owusu, wide receiver Greg Salas, cornerback Josh Thomas, guard Dakota Dozier, guard Wesley Johnson and nose tackle T.J. Barnes.

Oday Aboushi will start at left guard for Brian Winters (injured reserve). The change on the offensive line means tackle Ben Ijalana is active for the first time in 23 games as a member of the Jets. They will dress their usual seven offensive linemen.

Without cornerback Dee Milliner (injured reserve) and Josh Bush (released), the Jets will have only seven defensive backs in uniform. They're carrying an extra linebacker, giving them nine for the game.

For the Patriots, they will be without two potential starters on the offensive line, Dan Connolly and Bryan Stork, both of whom are recovering from a concussion. The Patriots' other inactives are wide receiver Aaron Dobson, cornerback Malcolm Butler, running back James White, cornerback Nate Ebner and offensive lineman Cameron Fleming.

Archived