The Official Jets \ Patriots Thread

Maxman

Ryan doesn't seem to grasp that while his game plan was sound it has to have so much go right to work it only takes a few minor mistakes to screw things up. The offense doesnt score enough TDs to make up for the minor errors.

that's it in a nutshell. jets don't get more "bad calls" than other teams, they are just more devastating to us because we play with zero margin of error and thus they are more memorable.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's it in a nutshell. jets don't get more "bad calls" than other teams, they are just more devastating to us because we play with zero margin of error and thus they are more memorable.

Yeah, it's definitely more a matter of impact than volume, there's no doubt about that.  With that said, the nonsensical sports media only makes matters worse with the way they handle things.  Every major call against a good team is treated like the most unforgivable act in all of sports.  We're still f'n hearing about the "Fail Mary" and meanwhile people stopped giving a sh*t about Kerley's should-be TD 5 seconds after it happened.  That doesn't make it any different as much as simply more annoying.

While I have already moved on to 2015, not a lock at my age, and really wanted a comfortable loss for draft position, the team's performance on field just cemented my belief that this is more of an organizational problem than a player/talent problem.  Yes, there are many positions that need to be upgraded, but the real dripping feces of this team runs downhill from ownership to the GM to the coaching staff and winds up on the legs of the fans.

My takeaway is unless everybody from the GM down goes, there is no hope.  We will be the Detroit Lions of the 60's through forever, minus the good real estate deals in Detroit.

Gotta go, gotta go.

Archived