We rushed for 218 yards!............ AND LOST!

stevegrunder

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're welcome. This teams sucks donkey dick and has no talent whatsoever.

Yeah, yeah, we know. Teams who suck donkey dick and no talent whatsoever are often able to control the clock 2:1 and rush for 218 yards, happens regularly.

I mean, the Raiders, Bucs, Redskins,Titans and Jaguars have that type of stat line weekly against the better teams in the league, right?

Yeah, yeah, we know. Teams who suck donkey dick and no talent whatsoever are often able to control the clock 2:1 and rush for 218 yards, happens regularly.

I mean, the Raiders, Bucs, Redskins,Titans and Jaguars have that type of stat line weekly against the better teams in the league, right?

You're not worth it.

Clueless

You're not worth it.

Clueless

Yeah, I am the clueless one....... This roster is very strong where REX wanted it to be strong, save CB. Injuries happen, sucks, happens to all coaches, but it happens and good coaches coach around it.

As a HC you don't get it both ways, you don't get to build up a roster the way you want it, then have everyone make excuses for you because its not the only area of a team that matters because you are a fun guy and would be fun to tailgate with.

Should have beaten the Packers.

Should have beaten the Bears.

Should have beaten the Pats.

I'll bet Jim Harbaugh would win at least 10 games with this roster.

With this secondary, it's a miracle we were able to hang in with those teams.

Yeah, I am the clueless one....... This roster is very strong where REX wanted it to be strong, save CB. Injuries happen, sucks, happens to all coaches, but it happens and good coaches coach around it.

As a HC you don't get it both ways, you don't get to build up a roster the way you want it, then have everyone make excuses for you because its not the only area of a team that matters because you are a fun guy and would be fun to tailgate with.

Great take

Well, Geno sailed two passes into the end zone when he had guys.  If you make those important mistakes, all those rush yards are window dressing.  Geno had a good night.  He just made a few key inaccurate passes.  And of course, we had our usual breakdown in the secondary that awarded an easy touchdown to the bad guys.

The roster is very strong. Lmfao

The roster is not very strong, nor very weak. You run around screaming how its the worst in the NFL, I never say its strong. I say it is strong enough to dominate the TOP and rush for 218 yards. The worst rosters in football cannot do that, no matter who the HC.

Like many other teams it has its strengths and its weaknesses. Funny, you LOVE the HC, but hate the area he focused to build on. I mean, Rex has been screaming about getting top flight WR's and weapinzzz and all since day 1, but the mean GM's won't get him that, they saddle him with DL and Secondary, the two things he has clearly stated he does NOT need.

Yeah, yeah, we know. Teams who suck donkey dick and no talent whatsoever are often able to control the clock 2:1 and rush for 218 yards, happens regularly?

You do realize the Jets just lost their 6 straight game in a row?

Who cares about controlling the clock and rushing yards when you lose the football game?

Who cares about controlling the clock and rushing yards when you lose the football game?

Ummmm, yeah, I think I happened to see that.

My point was this is not a horrible roster..... My point is that it is a poorly coached football team. If this team did the little things well, like well coached teams do, they would be at least 3-3 right now, not 1-6.

The roster is not an excuse for 1-6, unless you are passionately in love with Rex.

The Jets are not a talented football team. And aside from Tom Brady, neither are the Pats. The Jets match up well with them in that what the Jets do well, the Pats don't defend well. That's what you saw last night with the running game. Last year, the ball bounced in such a way that the Jets won games like that. This year, they haven't caught a break yet. If you want your coaching staff fired, consider that a good thing.

Next regime is going to be in desperate need of WR's, the people to defend against them, and someone to throw the ball to them. The team is seriously deficient in those areas. The GM has drafted three WRs and three CBs, none of which is on the current roster. Unfortunately, the QB he drafted is.

You can blame Rex if you want. That's fine, he's toast. I think the problem is bigger than Rex, though.

How does the a$$hole that runs our offense neglect the running game on the two yard conversion and run a play that targets a tight end in the back of the end zone, not even a post play to Decker at the very least. It's like he forgot we are not running book ends at the wide receiver position. I just can't wrap my head around this. It hurts to think about it.

The Jets are not a talented football team. And aside from Tom Brady, neither are the Pats. The Jets match up well with them in that what the Jets do well, the Pats don't defend well. That's what you saw last night with the running game. Last year, the ball bounced in such a way that the Jets won games like that. This year, they haven't caught a break yet. If you want your coaching staff fired, consider that a good thing.

Next regime is going to be in desperate need of WR's, the people to defend against them, and someone to throw the ball to them. The team is seriously deficient in those areas. The GM has drafted three WRs and three CBs, none of which is on the current roster. Unfortunately, the QB he drafted is.

You can blame Rex if you want. That's fine, he's toast. I think the problem is bigger than Rex, though.

d66vv.png

The theme I'm picking up on here is that no matter how many games the Jets lose, and no matter how they lose them, you guys are going to keep saying "well, if only we had Mystery Free Agent X." 

The theme I'm picking up on here is that no matter how many games the Jets lose, and no matter how they lose them, you guys are going to keep saying "well, if only we had Mystery Free Agent X."

The Jets are completely lacking in talent at the WR, CB, and QB positions despite the new GM's efforts at those spots the last two years. Again, I don't care if you want to blame Rex. He's a goner, and I'm completely bored with that conversation. So save those comments for someone else.

Whoever you want to blame, the Jets lack the personnel to throw the ball or defend the pass. The next regime is going to have to address those issues.

Actually I do since it is the only reason the Jets were even able to have a shot in the end.

The Jets did just enough to lose the game

Got a TD called back by a holding call.

A wide open Amaro drops an easy first down pass in pass in Pats territory

PI call near the end of the half that gives the Pats a field goal

Rex doesn't go for two after the Ivory TD

Jets let Brady convert a 3 and goal from the 19 for what turned out to be the game winnner

It has been the story of their season other than the SD blowout. They have played well enough to lose close and that sucks something awful

The Jets are completely lacking in talent at the WR, CB, and QB positions despite the new GM's efforts at those spots the last two years. Again, I don't care if you want to blame Rex. He's a goner, and I'm completely bored with that conversation. So save those comments for someone else.

Whoever you want to blame, the Jets lack the personnel to throw the ball or defend the pass. The next regime is going to have to address those issues.

Geno played well last night. The receivers were fine. The corners yielded a total of 118 yards to Pats wide receivers. The Jets lost last night because they managed the clock like jackasses and handed out timeouts like candy at Halloween. If you want to say that DRC would hide those coaching deficiencies, that's really not saying that the coaching is any good. 

I would not say they are a talented team, but they are also not as untalented as many make them out to be.

Their talent is focused in certain areas, that happen to be where Rex wanted them and has been clear about since day 1 here.

I agree with you on WR's, I really do. Problem is Rex does not. He has said on multiple occasions he just does not value WR's. When he questioned the Hill pick, he was not questioning Hill as much as he was questioning wasting a 2nd round draft pick on a WR.

I am on record saying I want Idzik out too.

The Jets have been in all but 1 game this year, and every game has been riddled with poor clock management, poor discipline, poor playcalling. With better coaching this team could easily be 3-4 or 4-3.

Geno played well last night. The receivers were fine. The corners yielded a total of 118 yards to Pats wide receivers. The Jets lost last night because they managed the clock like jackasses and handed out timeouts like candy at Halloween. If you want to say that DRC would hide those coaching deficiencies, that's really not saying that the coaching is any good.

They lost because they didn't have an answer for Tom Brady. The Pats aren't a talented team, either, but Tom did enough to win that game on his own.

Geno played well for Geno, but not for an NFL QB. Ditto for the receivers. They could move the ball, but bogged down in the redzone. QBs and WRs who can get it done in this league score TD's down there.

The coaching staff is gone. I'm not interested in discussing them. They are not a part of the future of this team. But mere coaching isn't improving the talent level on this team. They are weak at very critical positions.

They lost because they didn't have an answer for Tom Brady. The Pats aren't a talented team, either, but Tom did enough to win that game on his own.

Geno played well for Geno, but not for an NFL QB. Ditto for the receivers. They could move the ball, but bogged down in the redzone. QBs and WRs who can get it done in this league score TD's down there.

The coaching staff is gone. I'm not interested in discussing them. They are not a part of the future of this team. But mere coaching isn't improving the talent level on this team. They are weak at very critical positions.

They're weak as a team due to Rex's tunnel vision with defense over his 6 years here. Wilson and Coples could have been guys on the other side of the ball.

WRs and TEs dropped plenty of balls the secondary was smoked on NEs first score we also had a TD called back because of a penalty

The "answer to Tom Brady" has always been getting pressure on the interior. Despite the Pats being down two starting OL, Rex's DL was largely invisible, not to mention his boy Quentin Coples. I'm not sure what you wanted Idzik to do about that. 

Eric Decker and Jeremy Kerley are infinitely better receivers than Brandon LaFell and Danny Amendola and they all have the same number of combined TDs on the season. Julian Edelman has one TD on the season. Brady beat the Jets last night by throwing TDs to his back-up RB.

And, not to be a nudge, you came into this thread with a post about how it's not really Rex's fault. It's fine if you don't want to discuss them at this point, but you were the dude who brought it up. 

Archived