We rushed for 218 yards!............ AND LOST!

stevegrunder

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just say it. Say it with me. Rex coached a bad game. That it actually happened and that it had an effect on the outcome. Say it.

the fact that they were in this game at all is a credit to Rex. It's a 90 mil roster going against 120-130 mil rosters. 

the fact that they were in this game at all is a credit to Rex. It's a 90 mil roster going against 120-130 mil rosters. 

This is a rediculous premise.

The reason we were in the game was because we ran the ball at will, and committed zero turnovers. We were in the game because if you were watching, we were the more talented team other than the QB position. Other than that, it was not even close.

In theory, in 2012, since we had one of, if not the highest $$ roster, we should have won a lot more games.

Roster price is a reflection of what has been done in the past, not what is being done now or the future.

Say the time outs were mismanaged. Say it.

Meh. The week when they called back Kerley's miracle grab with a TO that was mismanagement. Last night was normal stuff. The margin of error is so thin because of the lack of talent. Other teams mis manage their TO's (or get penalties) all game long and still win. The Seahawks were the most penalized team in football last year and also won the SB. When you have a team with this small amount of talent, every minor mistake is magnified. They have to be perfect every week to have a chance cause the roster is stinky. 

I've been very critical of Idzik but your statement does not apply to the Patriots - their spend is almost identical.   

The Pats have ~ the same cash spending as the Jets and have a ton of dead money from aaron hernandez, mankins, and other contractual mistakes.   

The Jets are not a talented football team. And aside from Tom Brady, neither are the Pats. The Jets match up well with them in that what the Jets do well, the Pats don't defend well. That's what you saw last night with the running game. Last year, the ball bounced in such a way that the Jets won games like that. This year, they haven't caught a break yet. If you want your coaching staff fired, consider that a good thing.

Next regime is going to be in desperate need of WR's, the people to defend against them, and someone to throw the ball to them. The team is seriously deficient in those areas. The GM has drafted three WRs and three CBs, none of which is on the current roster. Unfortunately, the QB he drafted is.

You can blame Rex if you want. That's fine, he's toast. I think the problem is bigger than Rex, though.

this pretty much sums it up perfectly.  

I still think Idzik needs to go too and am rooting for an implosion that dictates a restart for the whole franchise.    It's unfathomable to think that a GM needs to re-build in year 3 of his regime.    I just don't get it, what the **** were year 1 and year 2 for?    now we need to rebuild?    maybe, but it should be someone else doing the rebuilding. 

So the good things that happen have nothing to do with Rex but the bad things are all his fault. Got it. 

Actually, the converse is your, and your band of Rex lovers statement. I would rather give Rex credit/blame for the whole thing as the HC. And the fact of the matter is he is the HC of a 1-6 team right now, that has lost a bunch of games that they had a chance to win. So he gets the same amount of credit/blame for being in those games, and losing them.

The same passing offense since week 2 has destroyed this team. No matter all the CB BS and lack of rushing attack in other loses it still comes down to an awful passing offense.

The jets are no worse than 500 right now with an average passing offense.

Archived