Pass Interference Rule Clarification

Jetsmanjb

Why are the referee's getting more and more involved in today's game? 

If not for that lousy pass interference call on AA before halftime, we would have won the game.  

That is a play I will watch again on the rewind. The first time I saw it I thought it wasn't pass interference. But I know for myself, it is so hard to be objective during the game. So usually when I watch it again I can be more honest.

The rule is a joke and it's one of the worst things about the league.

There were some weak calls both ways, probably less than your average NFL game. The refs can't be blamed.

I am brain dead right now, but in the first half there was a play where the Jets completed a pass and I saw two penalties. Amaro held at the line of scrimmage and Breno had a block in the back. No call luckily on either.

If not for that lousy pass interference call on AA before halftime, we would have won the game.  

Actually, if Aboushi didnt hold during that Geno TD we would have won the game. If Colon didnt get a hold on our second drive in the end zone we could have scored. If we converted TD's instead of FG's in the first half we would have been up 28 points going into half time instead of just having 12 points. If the like could have held up during that FG block we would have won the game. 

I've been all over the refs this year (Green Bay game and Bears game) but outside the one non-call when Revis was smothering Decker which would have been a 3rd down conversion, I can't really complain about the refs tonight. Just like the GB game, we simply gave this game away. 

Ok these are the calls that I've had problems with this season (just off the top of my head- there are probably more):

1.  The pass interference calls in the Green Bay game

2.  The Aaron Rodgers interception where they said we had 12 men on the field - what the actual **** (as if a guy with literally one foot on the field jogging off has impact on the play whatsoever) 

3.  The timeout call (Never should have been granted by the referee) 

4.  The fumble in the Chicago game (should have been a touchdown returned by demario davis) 

5.  In the Lions game the fumble called on Geno Smith when his arm was clearly in a throwing motion

6.  Quentin Coples tackles a ball carrier and gets called for unnecessary roughness

7.  The pass interference call against Antonio Allen before halftime giving the pats a free field goal

And come to think of it, that was most definitely NOT holding on aboushi for our first TD... They tend to pick on the guys who aren't regular starters

Correct me if I'm wrong but am I missing something here?  I think we deserved to lose to both Denver and San Diego but other than that we should be sitting at 5-2 right now.  Couldn't believe how they just forgot to show up in the chargers game. 

I thought this was an ok game referee wise, and I really blame Allen on that play.  He's actually in perfect spot to pick that ball off (which was what Brady intended to do anyway, it was either a pass interference, TD, or INT functioning as a punt), and Allen just stopped on the play because he couldn't see the ball.  It's a ticky tacky call, but I can atleast live with it.  The one where Revis hit Decker and grabbed his arm before the ball got there should've been a penalty, but that's a bang bang play with limited view for the refs.  

I think someone posted an instagram pic of the ref saving a penalty for the Pats with the kick.  Lining up over the center for a kick is a penalty, and the ref pushed the guy out of the way.  Wish the refs could've helped us out by knocking down a couple of Brady's passes.  

instagram.com/p/uPU3dJtUOg/

And come to think of it, that was most definitely NOT holding on aboushi for our first TD... They tend to pick on the guys who aren't regular starters

Correct me if I'm wrong but am I missing something here?  I think we deserved to lose to both Denver and San Diego but other than that we should be sitting at 5-2 right now.  Couldn't believe how they just forgot to show up in the chargers game. 

I thought the Chicago game was winnable, but the Detroit game just didn't have the right feel to it.  Our offense wasn't really clicking and them seemed to move the ball down pretty well, just from watching that game, I think it was a loss.  Maybe we didn't deserve to lose, but I didn't feel like we outplayed them.   Denver/SD/Lions were legit losses, but the other games we should've won.  Atleast be 4-3 now, and right in the hunt.  

Correct me if I'm wrong but am I missing something here? I think we deserved to lose to both Denver and San Diego but other than that we should be sitting at 5-2 right now. Couldn't believe how they just forgot to show up in the chargers game.

that was an easy holding call I saw it when it happened n was hoping Geno throws it away. He almost tackled the defender. Great play by Geno that he'll never get the credit for.

not nearly as frustrating as listening to that fraud Phil " that's a good call Jim " Simms insult us by declaring every call a good call...it's so clearly obvious that Goodell has given him , and aikman for that matter , direct orders to not call out refs it's sickening...I'm talking every game not just jet games here , the NFL now tells you that you didn't see what you just saw in the spirit of covering up incompetent officiating

Not a carton fan..reallllly not a carton fan but he produced video of a ref telling Hightower to move off the center to avoid a penalty right before the snap of the blocked FG.....F this league why do we bother

I am brain dead right now, but in the first half there was a play where the Jets completed a pass and I saw two penalties. Amaro held at the line of scrimmage and Breno had a block in the back. No call luckily on either.

Yup, I saw this as well, and actually Amaro was holding on SEVERAL of our good runs with no calls. This is why I hate blaming the refs, as a fan you only usually notice the ones that go against you.

The Refs aren't the reason te Jets are 1-6, this pathetic roster is but man, it seems to the the year of bad calls vs the Jets. Just no breaks and a ton of bull sh*t calls.

The weight of the world is on poor Rex, he is just a great HC in the wrong place at the wrong time. An unfortunate victim of mean GM's and horrible players, and mean NFL execs who have it out for him.

The weight of the world is on poor Rex, he is just a great HC in the wrong place at the wrong time. An unfortunate victim of mean GM's and horrible players, and mean NFL execs who have it out for him.

This has nothing to do with Rex. Get off my dick, you weirdo.

This has nothing to do with Rex. Get off my dick, you weirdo.

Yeah, I am the weirdo..... Your sole purpose, and mean sole purpose, of posting is to try to make Rex out to be the greatest HC ever, and try to make excuses for anything that he has done wrong, while praising him for anything he has done right.

You are not a Jets fan, you are a Rex fan. Hopefully he will be gone at the end of the year and you can go troll another teams board with your nonsense.

Yeah, I am the weirdo..... Your sole purpose, and mean sole purpose, of posting is to try to make Rex out to be the greatest HC ever, and try to make excuses for anything that he has done wrong, while praising him for anything he has done right.

You are not a Jets fan, you are a Rex fan. Hopefully he will be gone at the end of the year and you can go troll another teams board with your nonsense.

Yep. You got me.

The Refs aren't the reason te Jets are 1-6, this pathetic roster is but man, it seems to the the year of bad calls vs the Jets. Just no breaks and a ton of bull sh*t calls.

there are always those great red zone calls that favor the Pats up there.  I have stopped worrying about them.

Simms signature call....even when super slow high def shows the ref made another horrid/corrupt call......" Ohhhh yea right there jim...Jim you know what? That's a good call Jim".....NFL catering to soccer moms and casual fans just blatantly lie right on national tv...F you Simms ..you know what a good call would be?? Cut your horrible punk son for good

That PI call on Allen is something that the refs let go nine times out of 10. Towards the end of the game, I still can't get how Revis didn't get flagged for it against Decker. Mevis wrapped bot arms around Decker and pulled him backwards well before the ball got there.

I am so sick of ref bitching. You know what helps win football games? Not letting a running back run uncovered for 50 yards down the sideline and catching an unopposed town down in the endzone. Not dropping perfect passes thrown in midfield, uncovered for 20 yard gains. Throwing balls on target on two point conversions or God forbid maybe trusting your running game that has over 200 yards on the board to punch it in for two more in a crucial situation. It's like every freaking time that this team has a chance at basic football opportunities, they figure that they need to reinvent the wheel because being clever is more important than being practical. Maybe one day, our offense will run at a level where we don't need to burn 45 second off the play lock between every down because there is some sort rhythm and competency in staff, playmakers and quarterback. But no, let's keep blaming the vast leaguewide conspiracy that there is a massive vendetta against this team that nobody else in the league has to deal with - despite that NFL refs received the lowest proficiency rating among all major sports. Maybe when this team isn't operating at an almost league worst 30th rated offense even though we have the great and exalted Marty Mornhinweg, (ye old groomer of Steve Young!! )that we can bitch about such trivial things as pass interference, and holding calls.

I am so sick of ref bitching. You know what helps win football games? Not letting a running back run uncovered for 50 yards down the sideline and catching an unopposed town down in the endzone. Not dropping perfect passes thrown in midfield, uncovered for 20 yard gains. Throwing balls on target on two point conversions or God forbid maybe trusting your running game that has over 200 yards on the board to punch it in for two more in a crucial situation. It's like every freaking time that this team has a chance at basic football opportunities, they figure that they need to reinvent the wheel because being clever is more important than being practical. Maybe one day, our offense will run at a level where we don't need to burn 45 second off the play lock between every down because there is some sort rhythm and competency in staff, playmakers and quarterback. But no, let's keep blaming the vast leaguewide conspiracy that there is a massive vendetta against this team that nobody else in the league has to deal with - despite that NFL refs received the lowest proficiency rating among all major sports.

Great post. Its really tiresome seeing everyone blame every problem on everything other than the real the problem.

There is one thing I am in total agreement with Bill Belichick on - if you are going to automatically review turnovers and scoring plays and coaches only get two challenges a game, why not make everything reviewable? A spot is just as much of a judgement call as pass interference. 

While we're at it, since coaches only have two challenges per game and now that everything is being reviewed by the "command center" in New York, why not allow coaches to challenge in the final two minutes? How is that time now different than any other?

That's not his sole purpose, sucker.

Archived