percy harvin traded to jets (MERGED)

drsamuel84

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(2 yrs)

Holmes signed a monster contract prior to the season you and T0m are referring to.  Just as Bevell couldn't have expedited a trade any sooner, Rex couldn't take away Holmes' guaranteed money to make it more amenable to cutting him.  I'm not trying to defend Rex by any means, I just don't see how the scenario is that significantly different.  

Yup, and if this is only a 1 year rental (as some are suggesting), to make such a trade in a 1-6 season is just a bad move.

if this is a half-year rental then idzik should be fired. why on earth does a 1-6 team need a half year rental? what a waste of a draft pick if true

You proved my point. Rex will never hold a contributor accountable, Seattle did. Stop contributing (Harlem Saunders) and only then will Rex do it. Under Rex, some guys are untouchable that is definition of lack of accountability

How are they holding him accountable?  He punched Tate in the face, presumably when he was still rehabbing and they reward him by letting him play in the playoffs the first chance he's eligible to return?  

How are they holding him accountable? He punched Tate in the face, presumably when he was still rehabbing and they reward him by letting him play in the playoffs the first chance he's eligible to return?

Well anyone who played for ND deserves a punch in the face.

If we make a Super Bowl Rex has my permission to suspend accountability and try to win it.

Why? I don't even... another headscratching move by Idzik.

Seriously? You out of all the people? Idzik traded for Harvin when his stock was down giving up what might not even be a 3rd rounder that'll be a bust with this jets scouting department anyways. Harvin at least won't be released during preseason like most of the Jets draft choices this yr.

We just spent 7 million of our 20 million available on this guy? And in a lost season?

Woody could've given each PSL subscriber a check for $350 instead, would've been a better gesture.

SAR I

Why would he give money to a bunch of clowns who have shown such poor financial sense?

SARS EYE.

Holmes signed a monster contract prior to the season you and T0m are referring to. Just as Bevell couldn't have expedited a trade any sooner, Rex couldn't take away Holmes' guaranteed money to make it more amenable to cutting him. I'm not trying to defend Rex by any means, I just don't see how the scenario is that significantly different.

So you admit bevel traded him as soon as he could. #accountability

I have to commend Idzik on this move. Low risk/high reward rental. The Jets can figure out if he fits in. Also helps evaluate Geno and gives them some speed on offense that Chris Johnson was supposed to but hasn't. If Harvin wants to be a big part of an offense he has come to the right place.

So had a few hours to ruminate on this, and......I still don't get it.

Troubled Player.

Injury History.

Bad in the Locker Room.

Prima Donna.

WR who is more a Kick Returner

Expensive

Middle of Lost Season at 1-6

Potentially a 2nd Round Pick Loss.

What am I missing here?

This seems like a pants-on-head bad move.

So what am I missing?

Seahawks trade Percy Harvin to Jets for 2015 draft pick
vinnie-iyer-40-50.jpg
272527-650-366.jpgPercy Harvin (Getty Images)

The Jets lost to the Patriots 27-25 on Thursday night. The Seahawks play at the Rams on Sunday. Harvin won't be playing for either team in Week 7. 

While the Seahawks feel as though they can still have an explosive offense without Harvin, the Jets are taking a chance that he can join fellow newcomer wide receiver Eric Decker in giving struggling second-year quarterback Geno Smith a lot more help.

Last offseason, the Seahawks sent first- and seventh-round draft picks in 2013 plus a third-rounder in 2014 to the Vikings to acquire him. They obviously are not getting close to the same in return from the Jets. According to ESPN's John Clayton, the '15 pick will be somewhere between a second- and a fourth-rounder.

Harvin did some good things for Seattle when he was healthy during his season and a half with the team, but his contributions weren't quite enough this season; he produced just 22 receptions for 133 yards and no touchdowns. He also carried 11 times for 92 yards and a TD.

His best game during his brief time in a Seahawks uniform came in Super Bowl XLVIII. He rushed twice for 45 yards, had a 5-yard reception and scored on an 87-yard kickoff return to begin the second half and spark Seattle to a 43-8 rout over the Broncos.

Harvin, 26, underwent offseason hip surgery last year and played in only one regular-season game in his first season with the Seahawks. He currently is battling a thigh injury and was listed as questionable for the Seahawks' game at St. Louis this weekend.

Given he's been traded twice in two years, there are whispers that coach Pete Carroll and the team have been di

appointed with the return on his effort, prompting the trade. The Jets, at 1-6 and looking for something positive under Rex Ryan, should welcome what Harvin can do to jump-start their improving but still limited offense.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

Troubled Player.

Injury History.

Bad in the Locker Room.

Prima Donna.

Expensive

What am I missing here?

So what am I missing?

It's a rental. He has tremendous talent. But I get what you are saying. It's not even clear that this helps at all this year. Also, how do you bring in a coach from Seattle now? They couldn't handle him before.

Troubled Player.

Injury History.

Bad in the Locker Room.

Prima Donna.

Expensive

What am I missing here?

So what am I missing?

It's a conditional 4th with a chance it moves up to a 2. We don't know what would have to happen for it to become a 2. If it's for a 4th rounder it's not that bad especially with how we draft lol for example last years 4th rounder Jalen Saunders.

...and we're 1-6.

You see the problem with that, right?

Yes and no. I don't see the problem if the coach is Rex or anyone other than a Seattle coach next year. If it is a Seattle coach then it's a big problem. And if the Jets don't make it work and extend him it is really really stupid.

Archived