percy harvin traded to jets (MERGED)

drsamuel84

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't making comparisons between us and them. Read my post.

Whatever.

No, I know KS...what I meant was it always seems that the Patriots get dragged into every thread about the Jets no matter what-it's gotten so old, I mean this is the 15th year now and one of these days Brady will be gone and the Pats can then watch themselves turn into the post-Marino Dolphins

Jets announce trade, call Percy Harvin “dynamic playmaker”

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 18, 2014, 12:12 PM EDT

Percy Harvin is officially a Jet.

The Jets announced today that they have completed a trade with the Seahawks that brings Harvin, the runner/receiver/return who has spent a year and a half in Seattle, to New York.

“Percy is a versatile, dynamic player who has been productive on offense and special teams,” said Jets GM John Idzik. “We’re excited about adding him to the Jets.”

The Jets described the compensation as an “undisclosed” draft pick. It is believed that the pick will be in the second, third or fourth round of next year’s NFL draft, depending on Harvin’s playing time and statistics for the rest of this season.

Harvin is described as a wide receiver and kick returner in the Jets’ announcement, and the team figures to use him in both roles. The Jets’ offense and special teams both need playmakers, and now they’ve got one.

Could you imagine what the board would be like if this trade was reversed?  If the Jets had given up a 1, 3, and 7th round pick for him, paid him 19 million, he played 8 games, then traded him for a 2-4th round pick.

Guess Pete gets a little latitude just having won the SB in a blow out.

Maybe we'll find out in a few weeks when Harvin punches Geno in the eye 

Could you imagine what the board would be like if this trade was reversed?  If the Jets had given up a 1, 3, and 7th round pick for him, paid him 19 million, he played 8 games, then traded him for a 2-4th round pick.

Guess Pete gets a little latitude just having won the SB in a blow out.

Maybe we'll find out in a few weeks when Harvin punches Geno in the eye 

if he had helped us win a Superbowl.....

No, I know KS...what I meant was it always seems that the Patriots get dragged into every thread about the Jets no matter what-it's gotten so old, I mean this is the 15th year now and one of these days Brady will be gone and the Pats can then watch themselves turn into the post-Marino Dolphins

I agree SFJ.

A source tells the Seattle Times that Percy Harvin got into an altercation with Golden Tate during Super Bowl week last season, resulting in a black eye for Tate.

Advice: This confirms an initial report from The Sideline View's Lance Zierlein. A source also tells the Seattle Times that Harvin had an altercation with Doug Baldwin in August that resulted in Baldwin getting a cut on his chin. A final straw was reportedly Harvin balking about going back into last week's game against Dallas, possibly angry over not being used more early on. Zierlein was told "Harvin's anger issues are just too much to deal with and he could single handedly bring down team chemistry."

A Sanblowme-o Holmes that actually does physical things to his team mates  .... 

I hate the thought of douchebags in Green and White but don't care at this point ... this malcontent could turn this Edmund Fitzgerald in the making around and give us something to build on.

Calm Down ? Over react much 12 ?  Im not that mad over this move Ive come to expect this type stuff.

At this point I'm numb with the stupidity of this franchise. We just gave away a 2nd round pick and took on a huge contract for a player while extremely explosive, can't stay on the field. Hes not a pure WR so you can forget that hes an all around threat that will probably return kicks/punts run some sweeps in the back field and catch the occasional short pass . He will no doubt keep other teams honest in every phase but there will also be games hes totally taken out of the picture and contributes nothing. hes don't that his whole career WHEN HE'S on the field

So, if he "can't stay on the field," it would seem likely it'd be closer to the 4th, no?  Kind of how conditional picks work, no?

Conditional 6th that can become a 4th.

Reports: Seahawks can get a fourth-round pick at best for Harvin

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 18, 2014, 12:42 PM EDT

The Seahawks were so eager to get rid of Percy Harvin that they’ve given him up for next to nothing.

Although neither the Seahawks nor the Jets has disclosed exactly what the compensation was in the Harvin trade, multiple reports now say that the pick can be no better than a fourth-rounder. Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that it’s a conditional sixth-round pick, while Ian Rapoport of NFL Network adds that the pick can improve to up to a fourth-round pick.

That’s shockingly little compensation, considering that the Seahawks gave up a first-round pick, a third-round pick and a seventh-round pick to acquire Harvin a year and a half ago.

But Harvin was reportedly such a locker-room cancer that the Seahawks didn’t want to delay in getting rid of him, and as soon as they got an offer from the Jets, the Seahawks were willing to pull the trigger on the trade. Now Harvin is the Jets’ problem.

OK I'm good with this, no lose situation.  If the guy is healthy, and behaves, great deal, if not.......Bye      No lose

The Seahawks were so eager to get rid of Percy Harvin that they’ve given him up for next to nothing.

Although neither the Seahawks nor the Jets has disclosed exactly what the compensation was in the Harvin trade, multiple reports now say that the pick can be no better than a fourth-rounder. Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that it’s a conditional sixth-round pick, while Ian Rapoport of NFL Network adds that the pick can improve to up to a fourth-round pick.

That’s shockingly little compensation, considering that the Seahawks gave up a first-round pick, a third-round pick and a seventh-round pick to acquire Harvin a year and a half ago.

But Harvin was reportedly such a locker-room cancer that the Seahawks didn’t want to delay in getting rid of him, and as soon as they got an offer from the Jets, the Seahawks were willing to pull the trigger on the trade. Now Harvin is the Jets’ problem.

OK I'm good with this, no lose situation. If the guy is healthy, and behaves, great deal, if not.......Bye No lose

It's definitely not no-lose. If he costs us a 4th, he performed this year and then he's getting cut next year because he's due $11. Then we are out a great pick and we never were in the hunt to begin with. I'm still torn if this is desperation to calm the fanbase or if this is Idzik trying to force his own Marshawn Lynch

It's definitely not no-lose. If he costs us a 4th, he performed this year and then he's getting cut next year because he's due $11. Then we are out a great pick and we never were in the hunt to begin with. I'm still torn if this is desperation to calm the fanbase or if this is Idzik trying to force his own Marshawn Lynch

Maybe it would have been as great as our 3 4's this year.  :)

If he produces, then you get his agent in a corner and offer him a handshake 4 years, $28 mil deal in December, then rip up the current deal, cut and re-sign him. Same thing Saints did with Vilma.

Idzick had 3 4th rounders this past draft and took Jalen Saunders, Shaq Evans and Quincy Enunwa. 

We aren't drafting a player in the fourth that will help us as much as Percy potentially can. His guaranteed money is up, the Seahawks smear campaign has also probably created such a negative perception of his image that he won't have a ton of value on the free agent market if we cut him loose, so he will have to behave to be paid close to what he thinks his value is. With Percy, Decker, Amaro, and Ivory we have improved our weapons. We can finally evaluate Geno now that he will have credible NFL players receiving his passes. High reward, low risk. What is the problem here exactly?

Why would he get cut if he performs well? The contract is not guaranteed and he can restructure to guarantee more money (i.e. the Tannenbaum special). If the compensation is actually conditional 4th-6th that's much easier to stomach.

A savant, really.

Seriously man. And we'll still have somewhere like 50 mil in cap space, before we restructure contracts such as DBricks and maybe mangold, harris' 9 mil is gone also. we could have somewhere like 65 million to spend, and it's possible that we restructure percy's. Man with a plan indeed.

OK I'm good with this, no lose situation.  If the guy is healthy, and behaves, great deal, if not.......Bye      No lose

I wasn't thrilled about a potential second round pick. This is a great deal.

Idzick had 3 4th rounders this past draft and took Jalen Saunders, Shaq Evans and Quincy Enunwa.

Dakota Dozier.

Seriously man. And we'll still have somewhere like 50 mil in cap space, before we restructure contracts such as DBricks and maybe mangold, harris' 9 mil is gone also. we could have somewhere like 65 million to spend, and it's possible that we restructure percy's. Man with a plan indeed.

I'm with you. I think he's got a few cards up his sleeve this offseason that he's been setting up for two years.

Archived