percy harvin traded to jets (MERGED)

drsamuel84

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I know is right now the Jets have two WRs that are good for the next 4 years at least. It's a building process and I don't know why we don't see that. Still a lot of football left. If they can rattle off a few wins in a row and be 4-6 there is still a shot. Anything can happen.

I'm pretty sure Geno always telling Nelson he did something wrong could be a part of it. The guy never is open. Never seems to make a play.

I'm happy with this move going forward. I still want them to draft a big stretch the field wr to compliment Decker and Harvin.

Kerley is surely gone next year too. After this right ?

I'm all in on the worst case scenario.

Harvin is an injury prone, diva of a wide receiver. He also isn't a traditional WR, he requires a ton of coaching attention in terms of play design.

BTW, Carroll absolutely loved Harvin. Tried to recruit him at USC, gave up a fair bit to bring him over and made every attempt to get him involved.

So if Carroll - of all people - is kicking him to the curb, something must be seriously wrong. My guess; conflict with the coaches, whining about not getting the ball enough, and a general consensus that that designing specific plays for him was undermining the run game. He also had too big a contract, and maybe they finally got a ballpark figure in mind for Russell Wilson's new deal.

Either way, the bottom line is that HARVIN IS DAMAGED GOODS.

Between him and Chris Johnson, the coaches are gonna have their hands full big time.

I'm thinking it was largely financial. Harvin was due $10+ mil next year and was going to be cut regardless.

Not sure why so many folks seem convinced this deal was even on the table weeks ago. In all likelihood this is the first point that Seattle had decided they were willing to move Harvin. Hell, Idzik was probably their first call. Doesn't necessarily make it a good move, but just saying.

So...they pulled the same thing we pulled with Cleveland when Mangini was the head man?

And here I was feeling good about the move...

Idzik is seeing his Dee Milliner and Dexter McDougle and raising himself a Percy Harvin. He's a gambler. A gambler that loses far more often than he wins. He wants more and more injury prone players. This idiot just can't get enough of the rush he gets from trying (and typically failing) to out think other GMs. The sooner he's gone, the better.

Marry me.

Seattle -Percy harving was creating tension by always trying to get him touches. was ineffective and they were going to have cap issues. tired of him, but not of talent

mid round pick (4) can work out to maybe a 2.-Clayton

Schlareth saying theres a red flag cause he keeps getting moved (perfect for NY -__-)

Limited gonna be a gadget guy (facepalm) - i see him returning punts and kicks.

This move isn't for this immediate season. Idzik, like him or not, is not an instant gratification GM in the mold of Tannenbaum. He saw high value become available at relatively low investment and took the deal. Its been his M.O. since he got here.

Maybe, but it's a tryout. Harvin's existing deal is disgusting and it'll need to be re-worked, assuming Harvin doesn't go full flake mode the rest of this season

Idzik is seeing his Dee Milliner and Dexter McDougle and raising himself a Percy Harvin. He's a gambler. A gambler that loses far more often than he wins. He wants more and more injury prone players. This idiot just can't get enough of the rush he gets from trying (and typically failing) to out think other GMs. The sooner he's gone, the better.

I just read a rumor on Twitter that Idzik is about to trade for RGIII. You down???

I'm thinking it was largely financial. Harvin was due $10+ mil next year and was going to be cut regardless.

In all seriousness, if they think Richardson and Kearse can do the same job (and for how they're using Harvin, they can) of course they unload them.  They have some more major contracts to worry about coming up, namely Wilson I believe.

Going forward the contract seemingly won't be an issue for any team, so it was all about finding one that could take it on for this year.  Fortunately for them, there was one GM who could peer into the future and knew.  One GM brilliant enough to foresee saving all that cap space so Percy Harvin would come save the day.

Brilliant, that Idzik.  Absolutely brilliant.

They knew his salary demands beforehand and deemed him to be worthy of that kind of money when they traded for him. They gave up a first round pick for this guy. Why let him go for nothing? This isn't some average player, the guy is recognized as one of the best in the league.

I think there is more to it than just the financial aspect.

Maybe, but it's a tryout. Harvin's existing deal is disgusting and it'll need to be re-worked, assuming Harvin doesn't go full flake mode the rest of this season

Chance that he flakes: over/under 95%? This is an organization that no one takes seriously right now. They can't even convince Geno Smith and Dimitri Patterson to show up for meetings, let alone someone of Harvin's talent.

he was questionable this week with a thigh they were sick of his durability. He also has a history of migraines which no team wants to deal with as they are one of medical science's few remaining mysteries. 

FEW?

lol there's lifetimes of work for medical science people to figure out

They knew his salary demands beforehand and deemed him to be worthy of that kind of money when they traded for him. They gave up a first round pick for this guy. Why let him go for nothing? This isn't some average player, the guy is recognized as one of the best in the league.

Does Rex's wife have a Percy Harvin tattoo?

Seattle -Percy harving was creating tension by always trying to get him touches. was ineffective and they were going to have cap issues. tired of him, but not of talent

mid round pick (4) can work out to maybe a 2.-Clayton

Schlareth saying theres a red flag cause he keeps getting moved (perfect for NY -__-)

Limited gonna be a gadget guy (facepalm) - i see him returning punts and kicks.

Simms to Harvin!

This just stinks of a panic move to me. Sacrifice the future for success in the present that won't materialize. We now go 6-10 instead of 4-12. Make this move in the beginning of the season and I'd be behind it; at 1-6 it makes no sense to me.

Yep.  Stink-ass GM flailing for a lifeline.

The timing is weird, but Harvin effectively won them a Super Bowl game by himself. Being he's a UF alum, there's no doubt in my mind that he's a huge a$$hole (cc: JiF), but it's a worthy gamble, imo

Archived