Percy is the Jets Tavon Austin

deucebag

Tavon made Geno at WV, now Geno has a new version of him.  Geno should know how to use Percy based on his experience with Tavon.   I think its not so much about what stats Percy puts up but what stats Decker, Kerley and Amaro will not be able to put up, as well as Ivory, Johnson and Powell.  

I am beyond thrilled about this trade and I am putting the 1-6 start on the back burner for now.  Looking at the schedule, I could see a 8-1 run being possible, even probable with one more move.  Is there a good corner available?  Could we get a Carlos Rogers on the cheap - how about Alan Ball from Jacksonville?

Well no matter how much of a d*ck Percy is, we may have finally got that gamebreaker we have been wishing for.

Tavon made Geno at WV, now Geno has a new version of him.  Geno should know how to use Percy based on his experience with Tavon.   I think its not so much about what stats Percy puts up but what stats Decker, Kerley and Amaro will not be able to put up, as well as Ivory, Johnson and Powell.  

I am beyond thrilled about this trade and I am putting the 1-6 start on the back burner for now.  Looking at the schedule, I could see a 8-1 run being possible, even probable with one more move.  Is there a good corner available?  Could we get a Carlos Rogers on the cheap - how about Alan Ball from Jacksonville?

Well no matter how much of a d*ck Percy is, we may have finally got that gamebreaker we have been wishing for.

...Considering the compensation, evaluation period the Jets will be given before a long term commitment, and the need to see Geno Smith with a more complete offense, it is really, really hard to be critical of this move. Harvin is an absolute game breaker, as a receiver, runner and returner. The “weapons” argument is dead. Eric Decker, Percy Harvin, Jace Amaro, Chris Ivory and Jeremy Kerley is a very legitimate collection of skill position talent. If Harvin thrives, the Jets will be a much better team for the rest of 2014, got a jump on their offseason and will have three immensely young, talented pass catching options to grow together (Decker, Amaro, Harvin). They could decide to let Jeremy Kerley walk then and they will receive a compensatory selection, to help negate the pick given up for Harvin.

The Jets better keep JK. He is a weapon for us. This team is better with JK as a 4 or 5. May not happen though.

I'd imagine that Idzik inquired as to what it'll take to re-sign Kerley and found out that Kerley can't wait to bail. He could be fairly prolific in a good passing attack. Slot guys that can get deep are rare.

I'd imagine that Idzik inquired as to what it'll take to re-sign Kerley and found out that Kerley can't wait to bail. He could be fairly prolific in a good passing attack. Slot guys that can get deep are rare.

After the past few weeks Kerley needs to prove he can be a slot guy that gets open.

I don't get the discussion about jettisoning Kerley after the Harvin acquisition, they aren't the same player. Kerley has been one of our better offensive players for the last couple of seasons and we should be in the business of keeping our best players.  Presumably, we'll have Decker as the X, Harvin as the Z and Kerley in the slot, which is actually a very nice lineup when combined with Amaro, provided they're all healthy.  

Good thing there is lots of cap space upcoming. The Jets have quite a few holes. At this point I can see them keeping JK and Wilson. It is hard to trust the Jets drafted players. We know what we have in both of those players.

JK has been under siege with bracket coverage quite often this season. I also think that Geno can make the throws. The pass to Cumerland was a beauty and also the pass over Revis.

He and Decker had Revis looking like an amatuer on that play.

I don't get the discussion about jettisoning Kerley after the Harvin acquisition, they aren't the same player. Kerley has been one of our better offensive players for the last couple of seasons and we should be in the business of keeping our best players.  Presumably, we'll have Decker as the X, Harvin as the Z and Kerley in the slot, which is actually a very nice lineup when combined with Amaro, provided they're all healthy.

JK just might want out of here and I don't think that anyone could blame him

That's the fear. It'll be interesting to see if he even wants to be on his best behavior to stick with the Jets, or is perfectly happy to hit free agency next year.

That's the point. There is a 95% chance or higher that Harvin will be a free agent after this year.

At least 95% maybe higher than that.

Think over the years Kerley has proven he can get open, Smith needs to prove he can throw the ball to him

I like Kerley, I really do. But he is in his 4th season and has 1,800 receiving yards. I hope he is a Jet for a long time. But a lot of fans are talking about saving cap space for him. He isn't the kind of player you give a big contract to.

Archived