Matt39

I laugh every time I hear Ebola.  Less than 1% of the population has contracted this disease yet its about to take down the entire globe.

Actually it's something like .00029% of the population which is one 3000th of 1%.

The overwhelming majority of which were in underdeveloped areas of Africa.

How about caring for the 10000 or so people that will dies from the flu this year

Amen. Always strikes me as odd that this isn't more of a bigger deal every year. Flu is as contagious as it gets and shots are free or cost next to nothing. And yet here we are again, with a good chunk of the country self-appointing themselves as epidemiologists and manufacturing panic over something that isn't even in the same universe of danger as flu.

It's also worth noting that Mrs. RJF makes me get one every year and I cry like a bitch.

Amen. Always strikes me as odd that this isn't more of a bigger deal every year. Flu is as contagious as it gets and shots are free or cost next to nothing. And yet here we are again, with a good chunk of the country self-appointing themselves as epidemiologists and manufacturing panic over something that isn't even in the same universe of danger as flu.

It's also worth noting that Mrs. RJF makes me get one every year and I cry like a bitch.

Yes my company actually offers free flu shots to anyone that wants it. I am lucky. The elderly especially vulnerable

Yes my company actually offers free flu shots to anyone that wants it. I am lucky. The elderly especially vulnerable

They do a lot of that here in the Chi. The city offers vouchers for people who don't have insurance or can't afford it. Lot of homeless outreach programs for them as well from the local nurses. It certainly makes riding the El a lot more safe, after seeing Contagion I wince every time I have to grab onto a bar.

you smug jagoffs are the best lol...

Dismissing ebola lol. Considering the idiot taking hazmat selfies contracted it himself...meh, ignorance.

Dismissing it? No.

Not over-reacting to the branded fear campaign pushed by the national media to drive ratings? Yeah, basically. 

Listen, look at the American diet. Cancer, heart disease, diabetes all tied to our diet. Most of this country wakes up daily and takes another step towards these causes of death with each jumbo soda or mouthful of processed sh*t, and not a damn one of them is 'scared', in fact most are obstinate and insist they aren't changing their diet for their health because "I deserve that cheesecake". Yet they'll sit on their couch for hours watching the Ebola "scare", posting about it on Facebook, etc... we're a country full of ignorant, fat fools.

Yet they'll sit on their couch for hours watching the Ebola "scare", posting about it on Facebook, etc... we're a country full of ignorant, fat fools.

This poor dude in New York (who by the way was risking his life to help other people) did exactly what he was supposed to do. He took his temperature twice a day and quarantined himself as soon as he became sick, because that is when you become contagious. The guy who died in Dallas was out among people for the better part of a week and yet infected not one person outside the hospital. This disease is not transmitted like the flu, and while the consequences of the actual disease are most certainly serious, anyone who participates in the fear mongering is definitely worthy of being laughed at for being a schmuck. The facts on the ground just do not support this sh*t.

Dismissing it? No.

Not over-reacting to the branded fear campaign pushed by the national media to drive ratings? Yeah, basically.

Listen, look at the American diet. Cancer, heart disease, diabetes all tied to our diet. Most of this country wakes up daily and takes another step towards these causes of death with each jumbo soda or mouthful of processed sh*t, and not a damn one of them is 'scared', in fact most are obstinate and insist they aren't changing their diet for their health because "I deserve that cheesecake". Yet they'll sit on their couch for hours watching the Ebola "scare", posting about it on Facebook, etc... we're a country full of ignorant, fat fools.

Poor eating habits have nothing to do with doctor idiot being a careless fool. Hazmat selfies are swell and all...but please lock yourself up for the 3 weeks prior to hitting the town. The media coverage will always be over the top...but they wouldn't have locked down the bowling alley of it weren't seious enough.

How do you prepare for a global epidemic anyway?

Board up the house, get your hands on as much weed and booze as possible, get a nice piece of pussy and watch NetFlix movies/shows until the epidemic passes over.

It's pretty basic, dude.

Poor eating habits have nothing to do with doctor idiot being a careless fool. Hazmat selfies are swell and all...but please lock yourself up for the 3 weeks prior to hitting the town. The media coverage will always be over the top...but they wouldn't have locked down the bowling alley of it weren't seious enough.

How many Ebola cases have originated in bowling alleys so far? I feel my concern growing.

Cant decide who is deserving of The Dense David Award, the doc who went around as if he was back from Aruba OR the people who are wrapped up in saran wrap hiding under their bed at this point of time.

C) The idiots in Maryland who were protesting the transfer of the Dallas nurse, who is now fine and transmitted it to ******* nobody.

1 person in the US has died from Ebola, 5 have recovered, and 3 are in treatment.

Every day 9 people die from texting while driving.  Just saying.

and 55 people die every year from bee stings

and the nefarious vending machine still kills more people than ebola

Moreover, according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission there were 37 known vending machine fatalities between 1978 and 1995, for an average of 2.18 deaths per year. Over the past decade there were a total of six recorded shark attack fatalities in the U.S., for an average of .6 deaths per year. 

and 55 people die every year from bee stings

and the nefarious vending machine still kills more people than ebola

Moreover, according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission there were 37 known vending machine fatalities between 1978 and 1995, for an average of 2.18 deaths per year. Over the past decade there were a total of six recorded shark attack fatalities in the U.S., for an average of .6 deaths per year. 

Then there's that ol' favorite, using a knife to fish the stuck toast while the toaster is still plugged in.  Still gets about 25 people a year.

I went bowling twice today. Just waiting out the 21 day incubation period. I figure if I get it now I'm looking at a good survival rate with the medical establishment still not overwhelmed. At that point when you idiots get it my blood plasma with antibodies will be worth more than PSLs on the open market.

Then there's that ol' favorite, using a knife to fish the stuck toast while the toaster is still plugged in.  Still gets about 25 people a year.

so when you think about it, ebola quarantine saves us from the real dangers out there

Archived