I think That Does it for Me.

Ken Schroy

I've been watching this team since 1968. I watched when Lou Holtz quit before the season ended years ago. I watched during the Richard Todd vs Matt Robinson stuff. The Rich Kotex years. I only rooted for them to lose one time before. It was long ago for a game at the end of e year. I wanted the better draft pick. I want them to lose now, except for the Pats and maybe the fins. I just can't root for those teams, but we won't win anyway. I moved to FL last year and this year I have been going to a local sports bar to watch the games with a few die hard fans. Have a couple of beers and some wings, etc. But I am not going to bother anymore. I will not waste my Sundays. Especially now that the weather is so nice down here now. I hope Woody wakes up and BLOWS THIS UP. Fire them all!!!!

I thought the same way. Still do. My history with the team isn't as long as yours, God bless you for it, but I have been a lifelong fan. I love this team, root for it, and rage against it in private and with the good folks here. I swear off watching them too, I swear off going to games, I swear off buying gear and wasting my Sundays when the last few nice days of fall are here. BUT then the week slowly progresses and news rolls out, and the excitement starts again. And there I am on Sundays watching this team tear my heart out of my chest and give me another reason to just give up. So is the life of a Jets fan. I say all this to say, we ride with our team through the good and the bad.. hang in there, eventually the clouds will lift and we will see the good again. It can't rain everyday for 45 years. 

I will watch every single minute and every snap for every single game for the rest of the season because I love the New York Jets.  I'm fully aware that I have absolutely no control over the outcome of a game.  Therefore, I'll enjoy watching them take field and will be sitting on the edge of my seat tuning in just to see what creative way they can come up with to lose each and every game.

Jets 4life!!!

I will watch every single minute and every snap for every single game for the rest of the season because I love the New York Jets.  I'm fully aware that I have absolutely no control over the outcome of a game.  Therefore, I'll enjoy watching them take field and will be sitting on the edge of my seat tuning in just to see what creative way they can come up with to lose each and every game.

Jets 4life!!!

Not a real fan. ^faker

I've been watching this team since 1968. I watched when Lou Holtz quit before the season ended years ago. I watched during the Richard Todd vs Matt Robinson stuff. The Rich Kotex years. I only rooted for them to lose one time before. It was long ago for a game at the end of e year. I wanted the better draft pick. I want them to lose now, except for the Pats and maybe the fins. I just can't root for those teams, but we won't win anyway. I moved to FL last year and this year I have been going to a local sports bar to watch the games with a few die hard fans. Have a couple of beers and some wings, etc. But I am not going to bother anymore. I will not waste my Sundays. Especially now that the weather is so nice down here now. I hope Woody wakes up and BLOWS THIS UP. Fire them all!!!!

Enjoy the weather because the Jets are a long way from respectability again.

Woody is a big reason but it's more because he's not a football oriented owner... it's all about the money.

Woody Johnson is simply a spoiled little rich kid who is completely out of touch with the common man AND his fan base. I don't think he knows how to fix things though I think he would if he could. He needs to hire a Jets fan to be his consultant and get him in touch with the fans. The good owners of the NFL have that trait. They KNOW their fans and they do the things they need to do to keep them happy.

Not a real fan. ^faker

The Browns looked good yesterday.  You must be proud.

lol @ "rich kotex"

I'll volunteer a couple of times a year at the local homeless shelter.  One year, when I was like 14, I had a women ask me for a kotex and I gave her this long stare like, wtf is she talking about?  She figured out that I was clueless and her response was, "you know, the thing women stick in their coochie when its bleeding".

It was awesome. 

Seriously though, they're 4-3 with get this, Brian Hoyer, Andrew Hawkins, Taylor Garbriel and Ben Tate.

Hawkins did it for me this week in Fantasy.  I hope they do something stupid like not Resign Hoyer and the Jets some how get him only to become the worst starting QB in the league because thats what we do here.

I stopped here.

Shame.  Its a funny story.

Sunday ticket gives you the opportunity to watch other games than the jets.  how about those poor suffering jets fans who have to go to a bar to watch real football on sundays when the jets play.

True - that would be the ultimate indignity, but they don't have to wear any Jets gear.

Jets 4life!!!

I will still watch them If it's convenient. I won't go out of my way. But I still bleed green. Always will.

I will still watch them If it's convenient. I won't go out of my way. But I still bleed green. Always will.

Understood.  This is a beautiful time of the year down here and I've always got my Florida Gators for my Football fixing, oh wait, they're terrible too!!! haha.

I'll say this, when the weather and waves are good on Sunday, I usually get out early to get a surf or fish in before the game starts.  If the waves are firing and the fish are biting, I'm not stopping for the Jets this year...maybe...meh, who am I kidding.  I like to suffer. I wont miss a snap.

Woody is a big reason but it's more because he's not a football oriented owner... it's all about the money.

From a money perspective, this season has been hugely successful for the Jets and Woody. 

Fans have it in our head that winning = money. That's not true. It's a communism, all 32 teams split that pie and the Jets can continue being terrible and profitable at the same time. The lost ticket revenue is a drop in the bucket compared to the tv contract. 

Jets 4life!!!

Yeah this sucks but I am with you. Was at the tailgate party we promoted at 8am yesterday. Got home late and was tired. But I loved every minute of it and I won't leave early. Just can't miss a snap. It is an addiction no doubt.  But I am not looking to or trying to change.  Go Jets.

Yeah this sucks but I am with you. Was at the tailgate party we promoted at 8am yesterday. Got home late and was tired. But I loved every minute of it and I won't leave early. Just can't miss a snap. It is an addiction no doubt.  But I am not looking to or trying to change.  Go Jets.

Good for you, I say without sarcasm. Simply bewtween Hurricane Sandy, weekly doses of high school football and lousy Jets football, couldn't justify burning a whole fall Sunday any more. Can stillw atch the Jets some, but the fanatic is out of my fandom. If they got their act together that could change. But for now, no way.

You're just lucky the Jets are on a bye the weekend I'll be in NY.  That tailgate party would never been the same.

Go Jets! 

It's true, that as disgusted as I am on Monday morning, I still end up looking forward to the next game, as the week progresses. But I usually need a reason to look forward to the game, somehow.  For the first few weeks, as bad as they are, you are hoping that can make some kind of run. After you realize there are no playoffs, you need something to look forward to... this past week, it was to watch Percy Harvin...  this next week, if Matt Simms doesn't suit up, and Geno starts, I really don't know how much I'll be looking forward to this game... If Vick is the qb, that' makes it a little interesting... but not enough to get me psyched.  I've been down this road before, seasons over early, and the only thing left to root for is the hope that Brooks Bollinger is lightning in a bottle.,..  now I have to do that with Matt Simms - but he won't play cause Rex says he doesn't give us the best chance to win.

I've been on a quasi-vacation for about a month now

I post here, and watch anywhere from 0% to 25% of the games, don't watch nfl network or sny or anything, and avoid the newspapers and talk radio

I'm lettin this one blow over

Archived