Disaster

Debacle

Dumbfounded

Disorganized

Dumb

Not real hard to find words Idzik 

Clown Circus

Catastrophe

Revisionist history.  Sanchez was a turnover machine and was done here, he was a shell when he finally got the mercy killing.  He was better than Geno, but that's like saying herpes is better than gonorrhea.  Tannenbaum left us in cap hell after leaving the team with no depth by trading all of his mid round draft picks.  Idzik sucks too, but by Tannenbaum had to go.  Let's not romanticize the past, it wasn't that good.

Sanchez had no chance to succeed after 2010 when 1) the aging free agents we signed as temporary playmakers had no more tread on the tires and 2) his head coach saw to it that no investment was made to replace them as he loaded up his overrated defense. Braylon Edwards, Ladanian Tomlinson, Plaxico Burress, Tony Richardson, Alan Faneca, Jericho Cotchery, big contributors, never replaced.

We were not in cap hell at any time from 1997-2012 under Tannenbaum's reign. And while some may argue that his George Steinbrenner type methods weren't sustainable, we had the best period of success the last 40 years doing it his way. For 15 years with a healthy quarterback the Jets averaged 9.5 wins per year. Groh to Edwards, we make playoffs. Edwards to Mangini, we make playoffs. Mangini to Ryan, we make playoffs. Testaverde to Pennington, we make playoffs. Favre to Sanchez, we make playoffs. Show me another NFL team whose GM had similar success.

There is no 'revisionist history'. It's a look-back that is legitimate. Drunken Jets fans didn't like the Buttfumble and the best QB we've seen in our lifetimes was scapegoated because his head coach didn't care one iota about the offense. And that's before I play the Sparano card. And that's before I play the Tebow card. If you tried to dream up a plan to destroy a first round QB who led you deep into the playoffs and a stretch where the team had a 16-4 record you couldn't have executed it more perfectly. You're supposed to draft a first round QB and invest in young playmakers around him which whom he can bond and develop chemistry. Rex Ryan didn't care and so it never happened and we wasted a terrific prospect off to a good start who was money in the playoffs. It's criminal.

SAR I

Sanchez had no chance to succeed after 2010 when 1) the aging free agents we signed as temporary playmakers had no more tread on the tires and 2) his head coach saw to it that no investment was made to replace them as he loaded up his overrated defense. Braylon Edwards, Ladanian Tomlinson, Plaxico Burress, Tony Richardson, Alan Faneca, Jericho Cotchery, big contributors, never replaced.We were not in cap hell at any time from 1997-2012 under Tannenbaum's reign. And while some may argue that his George Steinbrenner type methods weren't sustainable, we had the best period of success the last 40 years doing it his way.There is no 'revisionist history'. It's a look-back that is legitimate. Drunken Jets fans didn't like the Buttfumble and the best QB we've seen in our lifetimes was scapegoated because his head coach didn't care one iota about the offense. And that's before I play the Sparano card. And that's before I play the Tebow card. If you tried to dream up a plan to destroy a first round QB who led you deep into the playoffs and a stretch where the team had a 16-4 record you couldn't have executed it more perfectly. You're supposed to draft a first round QB and invest in young playmakers around him which whom he can bond and develop chemistry. Rex Ryan didn't care and so it never happened and we wasted a terrific prospect off to a good start who was money in the playoffs. It's criminal.SAR I

But BOOM BOYITELLYA WHAT A HIT!

Sanchez had no chance to succeed after 2010 when 1) the aging free agents we signed as temporary playmakers had no more tread on the tires and 2) his head coach saw to it that no investment was made to replace them as he loaded up his overrated defense. Braylon Edwards, Ladanian Tomlinson, Plaxico Burress, Tony Richardson, Alan Faneca, Jericho Cotchery, big contributors, never replaced.

We were not in cap hell at any time from 1997-2012 under Tannenbaum's reign. And while some may argue that his George Steinbrenner type methods weren't sustainable, we had the best period of success the last 40 years doing it his way.

There is no 'revisionist history'. It's a look-back that is legitimate. Drunken Jets fans didn't like the Buttfumble and the best QB we've seen in our lifetimes was scapegoated because his head coach didn't care one iota about the offense. And that's before I play the Sparano card. And that's before I play the Tebow card. If you tried to dream up a plan to destroy a first round QB who led you deep into the playoffs and a stretch where the team had a 16-4 record you couldn't have executed it more perfectly. You're supposed to draft a first round QB and invest in young playmakers around him which whom he can bond and develop chemistry. Rex Ryan didn't care and so it never happened and we wasted a terrific prospect off to a good start who was money in the playoffs. It's criminal.

SAR I

Tanny's way wasn't good for this organization. We were headed for this mess... the idea in firing him was to prevent it from happening, unfortunately we hired the wrong guy.

Idzik "I search for words to describe what we're going through"

I got some words

Disaster

Debacle

Dumbfounded

Disorganized

Dumb

Not real hard to find words Idzik

Clown Circus

Catastrophe

Why do the words have to be alliterative?

We were not in cap hell at any time from 1997-2012 under Tannenbaum's reign. And while some may argue that his George Steinbrenner type methods weren't sustainable, we had the best period of success the last 40 years doing it his way. For 15 years with a healthy quarterback the Jets averaged 9.5 wins per year. Groh to Edwards, we make playoffs. Edwards to Mangini, we make playoffs. Mangini to Ryan, we make playoffs. Testaverde to Pennington, we make playoffs. Favre to Sanchez, we make playoffs. Show me another NFL team whose GM had similar success.

SAR I

SAR your right on the money with your assessment of how we destroyed a young QB ...where were you when I was getting ripped to shreds in these very forums for having the exact same opinion :)

Tanny's way wasn't good for this organization. We were headed for this mess... the idea in firing him was to prevent it from happening, unfortunately we hired the wrong guy.

When it comes to Tanny he made a lot of moves this very forum LOVED ....What caused the hate for Tanny was the Sanchez contract and nothing more. The blind hatred for Sanchez is what seemed to be Tannys downfall. Tannys biggest mistake was not surrounding Sanchez with young talent to grow with. Part of that was this team thought it was SB ready so getting young talent that needed to develop was not an option for them. or so they thought. Also a big mistake that was made was us losing all the role players that contributed to our special teams and our running game. People tend to over look role players and its a big mistake. We also lost our depth on the O-line which destroyed Sanchez in his 3rd year when he got hammered. In year 4 the old talent we did sign was gone and Both TE's got hurt as did malcontent Holmes and we had no targets for our QB and no RB"s but somehow that was Sanchez fault as well/

When it comes to Tanny he made a lot of moves this very forum LOVED ....What caused the hate for Tanny was the Sanchez contract and nothing more. The blind hatred for Sanchez is what seemed to be Tannys downfall. Tannys biggest mistake was not surrounding Sanchez with young talent to grow with. Part of that was this team thought it was SB ready so getting young talent that needed to develop was not an option for them. or so they thought. Also a big mistake that was made was us losing all the role players that contributed to our special teams and our running game. People tend to over look role players and its a big mistake. We also lost our depth on the O-line which destroyed Sanchez in his 3rd year when he got hammered. In year 4 the old talent we did sign was gone and Both TE's got hurt as did malcontent Holmes and we had no targets for our QB and no RB"s but somehow that was Sanchez fault as well/

Bold is not entirely true. Holmes and Tebow, plus the Gholston pick. All polarizing players that resulted in major criticism of Tanny by most people. 

For me personally, I also didn't like that Tanny was giving Rex as much sway over the roster replenishing as those trusty veterans reached the end of their time with the Jets. I said it then that Tanny was enabling Rex to fill the roster with guys he evaluated by seeing one big hit or guys that were good on 5 minutes of highlight reel from 2-3 years ago. 

SAR your right on the money with your assessment of how we destroyed a young QB ...where were you when I was getting ripped to shreds in these very forums for having the exact same opinion :)

I thought the collective opinion on Sanchez was that we destroyed him. There was a small minority of people that thought he sucked from the beginning, but any and all level-headed people knew we were ruining him when the stoplight bullsh*t was introduced by Rex, and knew we'd never salvage the kid when we let the OL crumble and surrounded Sanchez with divisive me-first assholes like Holmes, Plaxico and Mason (even though it was short-lived).

Please don't do Tanny and Sanchez nostalgia.

2010 AFCCG, Jets down 5 with Steelers on O. Be dead honest. What did you think would happen if Sanchez got the ball back?

Thats what Rex-Tanny-Woody mismanagement cost the Jets. A franchise QB is a team's most precious possession and they threw it away because Rex didnt have a clue about offense and Tanny didnt know personnel. Everything was decided based on a Rex prism. Why did Jets get Plax? Because Rex coached against him. Why Tebow? Because he beat Rex the year before.

Not a single person currently working for the Jets should be entrusted with picking and developing another QB.

2010 AFCCG, Jets down 5 with Steelers on O. Be dead honest. What did you think would happen if Sanchez got the ball back?

Thats what Rex-Tanny-Woody mismanagement cost the Jets. A franchise QB is a team's most precious possession and they threw it away because Rex didnt have a clue about offense and Tanny didnt know personnel. Everything was decided based on a Rex prism. Why did Jets get Plax? Because Rex coached against him. Why Tebow? Because he beat Rex the year before.

Not a single person currently working for the Jets should be entrusted with picking and developing another QB.

Accurate. If Ken Phelps were to come back and beat Rex, he'd be pounding the table for Ken Phelps.

All of this is true, but I think it's enough to say that Rex is brutal with young players without using Sanchez as a specific example. It's easy pickings for the weird, dwindling pro-Rex set.

and Santonio? He actually TOLD Tannenbaum yes and for that exact reason and not to mention Rex's good friend from the Ravens, Derek Mason the WR who he predicted would catch what a hundred passes? Talk about clueless, that guy was like a plant placed on your team to sabotage it. he poisoned Holmes' thinking (which didn't take much) and got Plaxico running "oh what's the use" routes

Simply not sure any coach could make Sanchez an NFL QB. Ryan didn't help, but really Sanchez is not an NFL starter. He's better than Geno Smith, but that isn;t saying much.The Jets blew a top draft pick. Again.

If after this 6 years I ever hear a head coach tell us that '...gives us the best chance to win" will break stuff. 

Simply not sure any coach could make Sanchez an NFL QB. Ryan didn't help, but really Sanchez is not an NFL starter. He's better than Geno Smith, but that isn;t saying much.The Jets blew a top draft pick. Again.

If after this 6 years I ever hear a head coach tell us that '...gives us the best chance to win" will break stuff.

I'll be curious to see him play after a year with Chip Kelly. He looked like a different human this preseason.

All of this is true, but I think it's enough to say that Rex is brutal with young players without using Sanchez as a specific example. It's easy pickings for the weird, dwindling pro-Rex set.

rex is a back slapping, fart lighting uncle. not a father.

1299846258-74.jpg

LMAO.... I just though about that scene. Last year or the year before I'm not sure-yea Rex was still fat so two years ago we were watching the post game PC after another Sporano run offensive meltdown and we had the volume up real loud so they could hear it in the kitchen too and Rex, standing there at the podium lets out the loudest fart I ever heard-right there live on SNY and he didn't even care. It was like he was saying to the press. "here, THIS is what I stink I mean think of you" 

LMAO.... I just though about that scene. Last year or the year before I'm not sure-yea Rex was still fat so two years ago we were watching the post game PC after another Sporano run offensive meltdown and we had the volume up real loud so they could hear it in the kitchen too and Rex, standing there at the podium lets out the loudest fart I ever heard-right there live on SNY and he didn't even care. It was like he was saying to the press. "here, THIS is what I stink I mean think of you" 

lol...wish I had seen that presser

And dont forget the Wildcat...Rex had to have the Wildcat.

Archived