tweets from Idzik's presser

flgreen

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What irks me with Cannizarro is his insinuation that Idzik deserves scrutiny because he hasn't been open with media. As if that would have made things better.

Idzik deserves scrutiny because his drafts have been sh*t. It has nothing to do with being nice to the Post's resident fatso.

Idzik's only redeeming quality seems to be that he's despised by all the scummiest beat writers.

Yeah, I'm not one for over reaction and have also been a big Idzik supporter but it was bad.  If his handling of this press conference was anything like the way he handles the organization he shouldn't be making another decision, at all, for this organization.

you seem rational..  maybe it is that bad lol.  can't wait to see it.

What irks me with Cannizarro is his insinuation that Idzik deserves scrutiny because he hasn't been open with media. As if that would have made things better.

Idzik deserves scrutiny because his drafts have been sh*t. It has nothing to do with being nice to the Post's resident fatso.

Oh my God, this is even worse than any tweets can paint a picture of, go and watch this guys-go watch this, this guy is CLUELESS!!!! It's is a total ass kissing sell job. This is an unreal display; the worst in NY Sports HISTORY. I can't blame anybody who had to sit there and have to listen to that what a load of BULLSH!T. Go find it Source-it's all over the web-you will be amazed as to how bad it has become in Florham Park. These guys are all on the defensive now. I can't even begin to describe what I just saw, the TONE of the guy's voice is so off putting to start with. I swear it's the Pennington "it's a privilege" PC times 100. 

Oh my God, this is even worse than any tweets can paint a picture of, go and watch this guys-go watch this, this guy is CLUELESS!!!! It's is a total ass kissing sell job. This is an unreal display; the worst in NY Sports HISTORY. I can't blame anybody who had to sit there and have to listen to that what a load of BULLSH!T. Go find it Source-it's all over the web-you will be amazed as to how bad it has become in Florham Park. These guys are all on the defensive now. I can't even begin to describe what I just saw, the TONE of the guy's voice is so off putting to start with. I swear it's the Pennington "it's a privilege" PC times 100.

I saw it. Idzik needs to go along with Rex.

ok so what did he say that lost you and what should he have said?  Curious to hear from someone unbiased.

All he talked about was how hard the employees work in the building. He went on for like 20 mins with that crap. He believes in the players, has a plan. He said his plan has worked before... Where was that?  He also sounded like a nervous wreck.

lol how hard can it be to draft starters for the least talented team in the NFL? i can understand if the team was loaded but how can you whiff when you're already starting borderline CFL level talent?

5 starters by default. 4 of the worst starters in the league

I'm not one to endorse FatAzz  - but all indications lean towards this being a true statement

I understand what he does for a living... and there's days I want to cave his skull in with my heel... but there's other days where he is right as rain, and I'm not so biased that I won't give credit where it is due.

It was a complete sh*t show. This is as low as I've ever felt as a fan of this stupid team.

This is on par with the Mangini/Favre collapse, for recent sh*t moments, specifically when we got spanked by Seneca Wallace. I was in shock after that season, absolute shock... I really thought we were at least going to make a playoff run.

All he talked about was how hard the employees work in the building. He went on for like 20 mins with that crap. He believes in the players, has a plan. He said his plan has worked before... Where was that?  He also sounded like a nervous wreck.

We just finished watching the lowest of the low points that this team has ever experienced, and what is truly sad is that the one guy who could have done something about it went before the press and the all of us Jets fans and went on to tell us how great, and caring everybody that he works with and for; is

Really really sad. I am in shock, I have never seen a Jets team or ANY NY teams being run into the ground like this and not even KNOWING that they are. Wow.

I understand what he does for a living... and there's days I want to cave his skull in with my heel... but there's other days where he is right as rain, and I'm not so biased that I won't give credit where it is due

ditto

I think it is hysterical that people take this sh*t seriously. The team sucks and they are not going to fire the coach mid-season.  Therefore, there is nothing he can say except, "I stand by the coaches."  It has no bearing on what will happen this offseason  He has to acknowledge the record and take some responsibility.  The guy is obviously quiet and not a fan of the media, so I would not expect the truth or smooth talking.  He more accountant/stiff.  He's not going to steal your woman at a bar.  This is exactly what I would expect and exactly how I would expect you guys to react.  It is also meaningless. 

I think it is hysterical that people take this sh*t seriously. The team sucks and they are not going to fire the coach mid-season.  Therefore, there is nothing he can say except, "I stand by the coaches."  It has no bearing on what will happen this offseason  He has to acknowledge the record and take some responsibility.  The guy is obviously quiet and not a fan of the media, so I would not expect the truth or smooth talking.  He more accountant/stiff.  He's not going to steal your woman at a bar.  This is exactly what I would expect and exactly how I would expect you guys to react.  It is also meaningless. 

You really have your finger on the pulse of this team and the fans. Congrats.

9403e52ac2052ea1ca61962f9b7f5dab_normal.

NYPost_Cannizzaro @MarkCannizzaro

#Jets GM John Idzik brought this circus like feeding frenzy on himself by making himself so unavailable for two years. #somepeopleneverlearn7m

Beat Writer / Columnist

Bottom line, really. Idzik treats the media like something he found on the bottom of his shoe, so when they get the chance to strike back with witty tweets, they do.

Did you listen to it? Because if someone explained it to me I would agree with you, but when you hear it...it was just awful.  He didn't just show support he went on a 20 soliloquy on how great everything is in the organization and how much talent is on the team and how close they are to being good.  That they're a good really good team but just need to be more consistent (which of course is what makes a team bad) he sounded delusional.

Did you listen to it? Because if someone explained it to me I would agree with you, but when you hear it...it was just awful.  He didn't just show support he went on a 20 soliloquy on how great everything is in the organization and how much talent is on the team and how close they are to being good.  That they're a good really good team but just need to be more consistent (which of course is what makes a team bad) he sounded delusional.

I swear and when he was talking about a Jet player out in the San Diego heat playing hurt I swear I almost threw up my ham, salami, and cheese samich 

No. I didn't listen to it.  Why would I?  Idzik seems like the last guy I would want to hear speak and there is nothing inspiring or intelligent he was going to say to get out of this mess.  If they guy was a public speaker we would be getting soundbytes every week, not a once a year press conference that seems like a 8th grade dissertation. 

No. I didn't listen to it.  Why would I?  Idzik seems like the last guy I would want to hear speak and there is nothing inspiring or intelligent he was going to say to get out of this mess.  If they guy was a public speaker we would be getting soundbytes every week, not a once a year press conference that seems like a 8th grade dissertation. 

The reason you would watch it is if you're going to comment on a press conference and people's reaction to said conference you should have listened to it prior to that comment.  It's not just the way he presented the information and his lack of presentation skills (which I couldn't care less about) it's the content.  What he discussed was comical, honestly...

Archived