vick named starter at KC

jgb

Jimmy G 3/3 in garbagio time this week against the bears. 9 of 10 for the year. They could have taken him at 1 or 2. Honestly Garappolo over Calvin Pryor isn't that bad of a reach. 

I havent seen him enough to comment...but from what Ive seen out of the rookie QB's I think Carr has looked the most impressive.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK easy to say that but who are you going to try to get? What team is going to give up established starter?

doens't have to be aaron rodgers. we had a chance at cutler. a lot of us (me included) desperately wanted orton. i'd feel 100x better at developing a rookie sitting behind someone who at least knows what the hell is going on

Well if it makes anyone feel better Bridgewater blows too. Bortles has looked bad...only guy I think has a longterm shot to be really good is Carr. He's just stuck in the Raiders abyss. 

I give you that. That game the Raiders played against the chargers if you had put an Aaron Rodgers jersey on Carr you wouldn't have been able to tell the difference. Houston has been burnt twice by the Carr family, I'll tell you that. 

I think all three QB's are having their moments, but you're right, Carr is looking for real. 

I partly agree. Trading to get Alex Smith a couple years back would have done us very well because we would have had a game manager that doesnt turn the ball over. As for Idzik and player eval's I'll disagree with that part. Its simply too early imo. I would give him 3 to 4 years to see what he's done. 

Im still waiting to see Shaq Evans, Dexter McDougle, Quincy Enunwa, Dakota Dozier, IK Enemkpali etc. 

Don't get me wrong, there were some things that I didnt like that Idzik did. I wanted Phillip Gaines in that 3rd round something bad, and though I have high hopes for McDougle, the difference is that McDougle is out for the year with a career threatening injury before his career even got started while Gaines is impressing in KC like I knew he would. 

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/10/24/7041921/phillip-gaines-kansas-city-chiefs-rookies-impressed

I also wanted Jordan Matthews, though I'm starting to feel that Amaro is legit and is simply not being used effectively. Thats a coaching issue. Not to be longwinded, getting a QB here that can simply cut out the turnovers would put us in 2nd place in this division. It seriously doesnt take a lot. We have the running game though I personally would like to see Powell back in the game and cut Chris Johnson already. Also, we need to do something with this offensive line. Its terrible. 

at this point i'll take a qb that knows which way the shoulder pads go on

I give you that. That game the Raiders played against the chargers if you had put an Aaron Rodgers jersey on Carr you wouldn't have been able to tell the difference. Houston has been burnt twice by the Carr family, I'll tell you that. 

I think all three QB's are having their moments, but you're right, Carr is looking for real. 

Carr won 1 game so has Geno CMON MAN

Yeah the Rodgers comparison is decent...he just flicks his wrist and that ball lasers. 

the pats had brady who didnt look like he was slowing down anytime soon yet still took Jimmy G....Jets sh have done the same and let Jimmy G ride the bench.  Good teams have viable 2nd and 3rd options to their plans.

True, but that only works when you already have your franchise QB like a Brady (Jimmy G) or Eli Manning (Nassib). The Jets, like the Raiders, Jags and Vikes dont really have that luxury given the fan base. 

Imagine us doing such a thing. It wouldnt work. You can stash your future QB on the bench when you have guys like Brady. Its hard to say this, but we're in no position to do things that the Patriots do at this point. 

True, but that only works when you already have your franchise QB like a Brady (Jimmy G) or Eli Manning (Nassib). The Jets, like the Raiders, Jags and Vikes dont really have that luxury given the fan base. 

Imagine us doing such a thing. It wouldnt work. You can stash your future QB on the bench when you have guys like Brady. Its hard to say this, but we're in no position to do things that the Patriots do at this point. 

maybe so but next year class doesnt look so good to me anyway

Mariota maybe if we can get him wich is doubtful

Winston is just plain scary I would not mind him but you definately need a back up plan

Cook seems ok but he plays behind one of the best OL so that is a crap shoot too

I like Hogan but he is no tier 1 that is for sure

The kid for Oregon State has the measureables but choked last week in front of scouts

whose left?

The Jets have better talent than the Raiders, and I feel that with what I've seen from Carr we would have beaten the Pack and the Pats so that would make us at least 3 game winners. Derek Carr is having a nice rookie year, much better than Geno's 2nd year I'll say. 

not many have had worse year's than geno's 2nd year and if they started down that road they were benched a lot quicker. it is historically bad.

OF COURSE!!!

This organization is so stupid, its laughable.

The time to do this was 3 weeks ago, now this is just idiotic.

Logically, Vick should have been the starting QB week 1.  Just like they had planned to do in Tampa Bay with McCown and Glennon.  Its way too late now, except they are more than reasonably assured that Geno is not the answer.  KC is a hostile environment and their pass rushers will be in the backfield all day.  They are actually a very good match up for us, as they lack WRs and rely on a running game we can shut down.  

maybe so but next year class doesnt look so good to me anyway

Mariota maybe if we can get him wich is doubtful

Winston is just plain scary I would not mind him but you definately need a back up plan

Cook seems ok but he plays behind one of the best OL so that is a crap shoot too

I like Hogan but he is no tier 1 that is for sure

The kid for Oregon State has the measureables but choked last week in front of scouts

whose left?

I haven't really gotten knee deep into next years draft class as of yet, though with the way the season is going it looks like I'm going to get an early jump on it. 

I hear you. I tell you one thing, I really would like to know who the heck is our coach and OC/WR Coach next year because if we drop the ball at those three coaching positions it wont matter what QB or WR we bring in the building. 

yeah we need someone competent and above the noise. orton would've been perfect for this team. he has been benched before, shipped out unceremoniously, passed over, it would've been tough to do anything to "break his confidence."

we need a placeholder desperately. a alex smith type who can just NOT **** UP for a half of football

yeah we need someone competent and above the noise. orton would've been perfect for this team. he has been benched before, shipped out unceremoniously, passed over, it would've been tough to do anything to "break his confidence."

we need a placeholder desperately. a alex smith type who can just NOT **** UP for a half of football

I dont like Kyle Orton. Orton looked great yesterday, even gave me 20+ points for my fantasy team since Kaep was on a bye. But Kyle Orton wouldnt have been the temporary answer, but I know who could be. Im about to make a thread about him right now. 

OF COURSE!!!

This organization is so stupid, its laughable.

The time to do this was 3 weeks ago, now this is just idiotic.

Sure was. I would've benched him after he missed the meeting. Geno will be out of the league after league in a couple of years.

I dont like Kyle Orton. Orton looked great yesterday, even gave me 20+ points for my fantasy team since Kaep was on a bye. But Kyle Orton wouldnt have been the temporary answer, but I know who could be. Im about to make a thread about him right now. 

buddy, i will take that temporary answer and be a happy man

Vick is done. He signed with the Jets because he has massive debts and the idiots in the Jets front office gave him a boatload of money. If you watched any of him on Sunday you know that we aren't going to win with him or anyone else on this roster at QB. I'm just glad the Geno experiment (which I never wanted, ever) is finally over. Hell. Geno might be out of the league before Sanchez.

Vick is done. He signed with the Jets because he has massive debts and the idiots in the Jets front office gave him a boatload of money. If you watched any of him on Sunday you know that we aren't going to win with him or anyone else on this roster at QB. I'm just glad the Geno experiment (which I never wanted, ever) is finally over. Hell. Geno might be out of the league before Sanchez.

yeah it's a sad situation. team can't keep rolling with geno though. that's a big middle finger to every other guy in that locker room.

I think Vick can still win some games. He was definitely not on the same page with the rest of the starters yesterday. Did you see how many times he messed up run plays by turning the wrong way or taking too many steps. I would give him a few games to show the Jets that he can be the placeholder they are looking for. If he plays well sign him for another 2 years, draft a young QB both years and eventually let one of them compete with him for he job.

I think Vick can still win some games. He was definitely not on the same page with the rest of the starters yesterday. Did you see how many times he messed up run plays by turning the wrong way or taking too many steps. I would give him a few games to show the Jets that he can be the placeholder they are looking for. If he plays well sign him for another 2 years, draft a young QB both years and eventually let one of them compete with him for he job.

hope you have your asbestos suit on. vick is better than geno. geno can't be started anymore if there is any hope of not completely losing the locker room and setting an atrocious example for every other player. analysis complete. vick time.

IDK, I think he is just as good(bad) as he has been since he got out of the pokey.  He still has an absolute cannon for an arm and he still does not know how to protect the ball on the run.  He presents an interesting  scenario in a read-option set with Harvin.  If Vick was the starter from week 1 and stayed healthy we'd be 4-4 right now, and maybe 5-3.   

I would start Simms at this point. Seriously, I would. Do I think he'll actually do anything? Hell no, but Smith is a trainwreck, Vick's not good either and he's not the future, and if there's a .001% chance that he's the QB of the future then it's time to investigate that.

I would start Simms at this point. Seriously, I would. Do I think he'll actually do anything? Hell no, but Smith is a trainwreck, Vick's not good either and he's not the future, and if there's a .001% chance that he's the QB of the future then it's time to investigate that.

Simms sucks , I would sign Tyler Wilson off the street before I did that.

Carr won 1 game so has Geno CMON MAN

Raiders have the worst roster in the league. Can't stop the pass, the run, or catch the ball. Not to mention they fumble to. Did I mention that they are predicated on running the ball, but yet they can't. If you think the Jets are bad, watch the Raiders.

Archived