vick named starter at KC

jgb

Raiders have the worst roster in the league. Can't stop the pass, the run, or catch the ball. Not to mention they fumble to. Did I mention that they are predicated on running the ball, but yet they can't. If you think the Jets are bad, watch the Raiders.

The franchises are twins. Rex Ryan will be coaching them next year reunited with his old pal Tony Morono!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only the Jets could get this so completely ass backwards. The obvious move from the start was to start Vick from the start THEN when the season was over, you see what Geno's got.

Now there's ZERO reason to watch them, except maybe to root for 1st overall.

IIRC there were murmurs from JETS organization that Vick did not try to win the starting job in training camp and seemed content or something to that effect.

I would start Simms at this point. Seriously, I would. Do I think he'll actually do anything? Hell no, but Smith is a trainwreck, Vick's not good either and he's not the future, and if there's a .001% chance that he's the QB of the future then it's time to investigate that.

Simms sucks , I would sign Tyler Wilson off the street before I did that.

I see little downside. If he sucks we know that we need 3 QBs next year. If, by some miracle, he shows he's worth a damn then he can get a unique opportunity for live action in meaningful games with a decent receiving corps.

Might as well cut Vick now if you're going to do that because the rest of the team - the 10 guys worth a damn - won't stand for risking injury for 8 games of QB practice when, in their minds, they had a real option like Vick on the roster.

Part of the politics in picking up Vick is that he's the next option after your #1 choice flops (or got injured, if he was doing well). So the only way Simms could really see the field is if he's been tearing it up in practice and everyone notices OR after Vick gets injured.

This isn't like playing Russell Wilson over Matt Flynn. A LOT of players look up to the lowlife Vick. Conversely, no one on Seattle's roster gave a rat's ass about Flynn.

Sanchez >>>> Geno

You only know what you got til its gone!

Seriously though, sanchez shouldve been iced after year 3 when all we brought in was mark burnells bankrupt corpse to "compete." We would have been talking about how much his replacement sucks and never wouldve drafted geno and wouldve picked up some new kid to destroylast year that we would currently hate.

Again, they really should promote Simms to the 53 man roster this week. Vick sucks and he's made of glass. It would be nice to have another option besides going back to Geno. 

In his Michael Kay spot, Ryan said they aren't sure how bad Smith's shoulder is pending x-rays. Entirely plausible the Jets find out in a Halloween miracle that Smith is IR bad and he's done for the season, and Simms is added to the 53. 

I called that rex would make the move too late to save his job, and that vick would start this week

I should find a more rewarding hobby

Which hobby is that? Predicting when geno would get yanked or seeking validation and approval from anonymous message board jets fans? ;)

IIRC there were murmurs from JETS organization that Vick did not try to win the starting job in training camp and seemed content or something to that effect.

That's true. So we'll just chalk it up to another horrendous FA signing. Seems like Idzik only brought in players who weren't gonna fight tooth and nail over every penny. Guys like Vick and CJ content to take whatever cash given and coast.

Jimmy G 3/3 in garbagio time this week against the bears. 9 of 10 for the year. They could have taken him at 1 or 2. Honestly Garappolo over Calvin Pryor isn't that bad of a reach. 

Simply infuriating. Manziel or Garapolo later would've been the move. Pryor so far is not the big hitter, can't cover nor tackle and plays 20+ yards deep. Great 1st rounder  W T F. 

That's true. So we'll just chalk it up to another horrendous FA signing. Seems like Idzik only brought in players who weren't gonna fight tooth and nail over every penny. Guys like Vick and CJ content to take whatever cash given and coast.

I am curious, if you were holding a sham competition with a pre-determined winner, what would you say about the other competitor?

CJ has been more disappointing signing to me. But this is what you have to live with when you focus on value. If it pays out you land with an Ivory but most of the time it makes you look not so bright.

Simply infuriating. Manziel or Garapolo later would've been the move. Pryor so far is not the big hitter, can't cover nor tackle and plays 20+ yards deep. Great 1st rounder  W T F.

Idzik is a numbers dweeb, he gets s thrill from the bargain. Too bad most bargains are discounted for a reason.

I don't know what all this talk about the Smith era being over is all about.  Odds are he will be the QB against the Steelers

The most exciting part of the season is already seeing the meltdown on JN, that would cause fukishima

I see little downside. If he sucks we know that we need 3 QBs next year. If, by some miracle, he shows he's worth a damn then he can get a unique opportunity for live action in meaningful games with a decent receiving corps.

Might as well cut Vick now if you're going to do that because the rest of the team - the 10 guys worth a damn - won't stand for risking injury for 8 games of QB practice when, in their minds, they had a real option like Vick on the roster.

Part of the politics in picking up Vick is that he's the next option after your #1 choice flops (or got injured, if he was doing well). So the only way Simms could really see the field is if he's been tearing it up in practice and everyone notices OR after Vick gets injured.

This isn't like playing Russell Wilson over Matt Flynn. A LOT of players look up to the lowlife Vick. Conversely, no one on Seattle's roster gave a rat's ass about Flynn.

I dont toally disagree but i Think we already know the QB of the future is not on the team - yet they didnt bring in anyone to even try out.  Tyler Wilson is a much better prospect then Simms.  He did just as good in preseason with raiders and Arizona.

On the other hand with all these bad QB how are we to know how good or bad the OL is or supporting cast since they all over compensating for 1st read QBs, holding onto ball too much, bad audibles, etc...

I dont toally disagree but i Think we already know the QB of the future is not on the team - yet they didnt bring in anyone to even try out. Tyler Wilson is a much better prospect then Simms. He did just as good in preseason with raiders and Arizona.

On the other hand with all these bad QB how are we to know how good or bad the OL is or supporting cast since they all over compensating for 1st read QBs, holding onto ball too much, bad audibles, etc...

I agree with ya bud, it is amazing how quickly the "aint gotz no weapinz for geno!" crowd has vanished or converted into "we need a real qb to evaluate our weapinzzssz!" crew

Idzik pushed all in with Geno Nagle.   He shouldn't get another chance to start over with a new QB.   

I dont toally disagree but i Think we already know the QB of the future is not on the team - yet they didnt bring in anyone to even try out.  Tyler Wilson is a much better prospect then Simms.  He did just as good in preseason with raiders and Arizona.

I don't think Simms is a serious candidate to start for the team. But rather, do we need to add 3 new QBs next season or only 2 (if they cut Geno outright, which I have my doubts they will do). In other words, outside of the minuscule chance he could be starting, is he worthy of a #2 job or is he strictly the #3 who gets bumped the moment we draft someone superior to Taj Boyd.

And if lightning strikes? I'll take it. Lightning isn't going to strike probably, but it's guaranteed not to happen if he's on the sideline. The season's over anyway so it's not like there's any blown opportunity by playing him. But there are locker room politics and it's easier said than done to promote him over Vick unless Vick is injured or Geno-bad for 2-3 more weeks in a row.

can't believe he traded all those picks to take geno #1

I'm not sure what exactly your point is but if passing on Manziel, Bridgewater, Carr, Garrapolo, McCarron, Murray, Mettenberger, and Thomas and then handing the QB position to Geno Nagle sans competition doesn't qualify as pushing all in with Geno I'm not sure what does.  

I don't think Simms is a serious candidate to start for the team. But rather, do we need to add 3 new QBs next season or only 2 (if they cut Geno outright, which I have my doubts they will do). In other words, outside of the minuscule chance he could be starting, is he worthy of a #2 job or is he strictly the #3 who gets bumped the moment we draft someone superior to Taj Boyd.

And if lightning strikes? I'll take it. Lightning isn't going to strike probably, but it's guaranteed not to happen if he's on the sideline. The season's over anyway so it's not like there's any blown opportunity by playing him. But there are locker room politics and it's easier said than done to promote him over Vick unless Vick is injured or Geno-bad for 2-3 more weeks in a row.

i think there are plenty of Jag on botton half of roster that can easily be replaced by a QB, why not activate SImms and then add another QB to PS to practice with team.  At this point they should be bringing in QB daily.   BUT MM not having it I bet - he thinks they all set with Geno and Vick...just be patient.

i think there are plenty of Jag on botton half of roster that can easily be replaced by a QB, why not activate SImms and then add another QB to PS to practice with team.  At this point they should be bringing in QB daily.   BUT MM not having it I bet - he thinks they all set with Geno and Vick...just be patient.

They can activate 2 QBs but Geno shouldn't be one of them. It might even lift up the team emotionally if they see there's no way he's getting onto the field that game, even if Vick gets injured.

But I still think it's unrealistic to have Simms leapfrog Vick on the depth chart without giving Vick one week to work with the 1's and start. Vick has too much credibility in the locker room. This isn't like leapfrogging Tim Tebow. The players all look up to Vick.

However it's totally reasonable for the team to demote Geno to #3 and push Simms up to #2 if - IF - Simms hasn't been total garbage himself in practices. Vick will either get injured or turn it over multiple times himself (again). Typing on our keyboards it's easy to say, "Start Simms. The season's over anyway and let's see if he's worth keeping next year." Not so easy, or realistic, to tell that to 50 guys risking permanent injury every play they're on the field.

Rex and the Jets ruined Sanchez,Tebow and now Geno

Or, they all sucked.

Fact is, none of them were great pro prospects.

You know what else sucks?  We'll be picking top 3 and all the QBs have big ???s this year too.

This team is ****ed for the foreseeable future.

I'm not sure what exactly your point is but if passing on Manziel, Bridgewater, Carr, Garrapolo, McCarron, Murray, Mettenberger, and Thomas and then handing the QB position to Geno Nagle sans competition doesn't qualify as pushing all in with Geno I'm not sure what does.  

going all in is a little strong

I know everybody is pissed but the venom and animosity is getting borderline comical

next thing you know idzik brought ebola to the NFL and is funneling unspent cap money to isis

They can activate 2 QBs but Geno shouldn't be one of them. It might even lift up the team emotionally if they see there's no way he's getting onto the field that game, even if Vick gets injured.

But I still think it's unrealistic to have Simms leapfrog Vick on the depth chart without giving Vick one week to work with the 1's and start. Vick has too much credibility in the locker room. This isn't like leapfrogging Tim Tebow. The players all look up to Vick.

However it's totally reasonable for the team to demote Geno to #3 and push Simms up to #2 if - IF - Simms hasn't been total garbage himself in practices. Vick will either get injured or turn it over multiple times himself (again). Typing on our keyboards it's easy to say, "Start Simms. The season's over anyway and let's see if he's worth keeping next year." Not so easy, or realistic, to tell that to 50 guys risking permanent injury every play they're on the field.

I agree start Vick and see how team responds but again I would be looking for another qb now off the street late cuts, try outs every day, add 2 qb to PS to evaluate.

Archived