My rant.

BroadwayJets

I listened to the Francesa rant. I've listened to our coach and now gm talk about how we have a good team. 

Screw that. 

I support Idzik, as everyone should, regardless of how you feel about this year. When Idzik came about and took control of this team, what did our team look like? Yes, a bunch of overpaid players who weren't performing. That's on Rex and Tannebaum. Who do we have on our team now? A bunch of players who haven't lived up to their talents and haven't developed. Now, while it's debatable on whose responsibility that is, it's no coincidence that Rex and the other coaches haven't developed many players AT ALL throughout their tenior.

We all know this already, Idzik was forced to keep Rex the last two years. That's on Woody. 

Last season Idzik had to keep the FAs he brought in at a pretty small salary, having to pass on some of the better FAs available. That's on Tannebaum. 

Now, I'm not completely defending Idzik, as some of the picks have been pretty questionable, but how is this team supposed to win when we have incompetent QB play? How are we supposed to win when our starting CBs are hurt? Why isn't our defensive 'genius' of a coach able to overcome these situations? Also, Francesa screaming "why haven't we been trying out cornerbacks day in and day out????" is very inaccurate, because we've probably brought in at least 10 cornerbacks since the season started alone. 

Now a big aspect of this offseason that I wasn't happy with was the draft. We really should have traded some of our later picks for another 3rd rounder or something. I also HATE the Saunders pick. I think anyone with a brain can figure out someone who is 5'8 and 165 pounds has no place on a NFL team. No one really knows whose responsibility that is, Idizk/scouts. But again, I think it's no coincidence that we haven't been successful in drafts in the last 5 years. 

I really just think Idzik needs a year, maybe even two to get his own coach, change some of the scouting department, and let him finally control the team like he's supposed to have done since the beginning of last year. 

Another huge problem was probably the fact that everyone had too much faith in this team being that we had a fluke season going 8-8 last year. I admit, I was one of them, had way too much optimism in this team, I knew we wouldn't come close to a superbowl, but I thought with Geno hopefully emerging into a competent human being, we might be good. But it's clear now that geno is horrid, and Rex cannot develop, discipline or coach a team. If he's not gone next year, it's pretty obvious we're in for more of the same old jets until he's gone. 

That's my rant. 

I listened to the Francesa rant. I've listened to our coach and now gm talk about how we have a good team. 

Screw that. 

I support Idzik, as everyone should, regardless of how you feel about this year. When Idzik came about and took control of this team, what did our team look like? Yes, a bunch of overpaid players who weren't performing. That's on Rex and Tannebaum. Who do we have on our team now? A bunch of players who haven't lived up to their talents and haven't developed. Now, while it's debatable on whose responsibility that is, it's no coincidence that Rex and the other coaches haven't developed many players AT ALL throughout their tenior.

We all know this already, Idzik was forced to keep Rex the last two years. That's on Woody. 

Last season Idzik had to keep the FAs he brought in at a pretty small salary, having to pass on some of the better FAs available. That's on Tannebaum. 

Now, I'm not completely defending Idzik, as some of the picks have been pretty questionable, but how is this team supposed to win when we have incompetent QB play? How are we supposed to win when our starting CBs are hurt? Why isn't our defensive 'genius' of a coach able to overcome these situations? Also, Francesa screaming "why haven't we been trying out cornerbacks day in and day out????" is very inaccurate, because we've probably brought in at least 10 cornerbacks since the season started alone. 

Now a big aspect of this offseason that I wasn't happy with was the draft. We really should have traded some of our later picks for another 3rd rounder or something. I also HATE the Saunders pick. I think anyone with a brain can figure out someone who is 5'8 and 165 pounds has no place on a NFL team. No one really knows whose responsibility that is, Idizk/scouts. But again, I think it's no coincidence that we haven't been successful in drafts in the last 5 years. 

I really just think Idzik needs a year, maybe even two to get his own coach, change some of the scouting department, and let him finally control the team like he's supposed to have done since the beginning of last year. 

Another huge problem was probably the fact that everyone had too much faith in this team being that we had a fluke season going 8-8 last year. I admit, I was one of them, had way too much optimism in this team, I knew we wouldn't come close to a superbowl, but I thought with Geno hopefully emerging into a competent human being, we might be good. But it's clear now that geno is horrid, and Rex cannot develop, discipline or coach a team. If he's not gone next year, it's pretty obvious we're in for more of the same old jets until he's gone. 

That's my rant. 

rex over achieved in 3 of his 6 seasons as a head coach

idzik had 2 sh*tty drafts

you want rex fired

you want to give idzik 2 more years and let him hand pick his scouting dept for a second time

I can aswer your draft question for you. idzik is responsible for idziks draft picks

a clean sweep of the front office is the only conceivable option

Idzik can't pick a player but he sure can pick a coach. Somebody that's going to develop his sh*tty draft picks, shine those turds right up until they sparkle like diamonds.

I think Rex did a great job with Sheldon Richardson. Oh no wait, Richardson is just naturally awesome. It's the other picks that Rex hasn't developed. Is that right?

Screw that. 

That's my rant.

You make good points and I have been defending this guy for months. But my question to you is this: did you watch the press conference? After seeing this guy pass on firing Rex, give these fake, bad politician answers to direct fair questions, and look & sound clueless I had a revalation like a smack in the face. He doesn't not know anything about NY football.

This is a unique sports market. We have the biggest news papers, radio stations, local television... You have to understand, innately, how important the perception of the moves you make are as well as how they help the team. Idzik had a chance to trade a player coming off a season ending injury, for the #13 overall pick, then draft the DROY with that pick, then resign that same player less than 12 months later. This player is not what he used to be, but he would have been a rock solid starter in our secondary. Every Jets fan with a Revis jersey in their closet would have been excited. It was a PR homerun served up with an underhand pitch. Instead he lets this guy sign with the Pats and Idzik looks clueless. If you can land a guy who will help fill a major need, be a PR phenomenon, bring a previous trade full circle who will sign for a one or 2 year deal... And your sitting on a boat load of unused cap money???

You can't strike out on that one. Just can't.

Archived