Fire Idzik is out of hand

Freemanm

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every GM Rex has had or will ever have is going to look incompetent. Imo

Any head coach would look incompetent with John Idzik running the draft room and free agency. The guy missed out on Emmanuel Sanders because he doesn't know how a calendar works and then drafted a 160lb receiver to cover up for his mistake and then traded away a draft pick and $10 million/year in cap space for an overrated player who can't stay on the field to cover up for that mistake.

THAT is incompetence. 

Any head coach would look incompetent with John Idzik running the draft room and free agency. The guy missed out on Emmanuel Sanders because he doesn't know how a calendar works and then drafted a 160lb receiver to cover up for his mistake and then traded away a draft pick and $10 million/year in cap space for an overrated player who can't stay on the field to cover up for that mistake.

THAT is incompetence.

In no reality was Emmanuel Sanders coming here.

Great post.

We'll never know what the team would have looked like with Milliner, Patterson, and McDougal in the backfield but something tells me it would be a hell of a lot better than 1-7.

It was totally shocking when two out of three of injury prone players succumbed to injury, and the third flaked out.

Every GM Rex has had or will ever have is going to look incompetent. Imo

I think I recently read somewhere that Idzik had changed out 33 of 53 players on the roster over two years. Is that right? Regardless, no matter how bad you've always thought that Rex has been, two years of roster management by Idzik hasn't brought on just Rex's second losing season, but easily his worst season as a head coach.

However bad Rex is, Idzik has made him worse.

How are the Jets even going to find someone to replace Idzik? No one worth their GM salt will want to come to GM the Jets.

They'd stand a far better chance of finding many solid applicants for the position,  if Woody doesn't impose absurd conditions on the candidates... like retaining a pretty bad head coach, one who fosters a laissez-faire, kids summer camp type atmosphere and has a history of praising mediocrity. 

I think I recently read somewhere that Idzik had changed out 33 of 53 players on the roster over two years. Is that right? Regardless, no matter how bad you've always thought that Rex has been, two years of roster management by Idzik hasn't brought on just Rex's second losing season, but easily his worst season as a head coach.

However bad Rex is, Idzik has made him worse.

why does it matter which is worse?  Pointless.  They are both incompetent at their current positions.  Rex should find a steady DC job, and IzDick should find a nice, tidy cap management/contract reviewer job.  Both somewhere far far from here.  They both suck. Period.

So, when Idzik took the mess he inherited a season and a half ago (yes, it's only been a season and a half) in cap hell, a very old team, forced to trade his best player and keep the scouting department and head coach - what did you expect to happen in year two?

We are now in the one of the best cap positions in the league and have one of the youngest teams in the league.  What did you guys expect? Seriously?

Maybe not 1-7, but 3 and 5 sounds about right (especially with the brutal opening schedule) 

You guys are all reactionary and not looking at the big picture.  I know many of you don't want to admit but the NY Jets are rebuilding and nowhere near a championship, no matter what Idzik did.  I'm tired of winning 8 or 9 games, sneaking in the playoffs and hoping for a miracle.  I would much rather take two or three years, spend wisely, build up young players and legitimately contend for a Super Bowl.

You guys are all reactionary and not looking at the big picture.  I know many of you don't want to admit but the NY Jets are rebuilding and nowhere near a championship, no matter what Idzik did.  I'm tired of winning 8 or 9 games, sneaking in the playoffs and hoping for a miracle.

Idzik will have us winning 3 games at best, so don't you go off worrying about us winning 8 or 9 and sneaking into the playoffs. 

They'd stand a far better chance of finding many solid applicants for the position,  if Woody doesn't impose absurd conditions on the candidates... like retaining a pretty bad head coach, one who fosters a laissez-faire, kids summer camp type atmosphere and has a history of praising mediocrity. 

Preach-tumblr.gif

why does it matter which is worse?  Pointless.  They are both incompetent at their current positions.  Rex should find a steady DC job, and IzDick should find a nice, tidy cap management/contract reviewer job.  Both somewhere far far from here.  They both suck. Period.

tumblr_mhrcwmUwo61rhf9tro1_500.gif

The plan should be.  Fire Idzik, hire a proven football guy.  Let him decide what to do with Rex and the rest of them

Logical, rational, to the point, dead on!

Insightful, Ingenious, Intuitive, Judicious!

Perceptive, astute, wise, keen!

Profound, penetrating, percipient, sagacious!

Shrewd, sharp, acute, deep!

Perspicacious, imaginative, thoughtful, appreciative!

Well done!

Archived