Fire Idzik is out of hand

Freemanm

I don't think anybody had Trufant or Rhodes within ten picks of Milliner.  Some people downgraded him because of the whole Saban no backpedal thing, but almost everybody had him a top 10 pick. 

This new edit thing BLOWS.  Thanks new influx from JI.  I was editing this post because I forgot Hayden.  Got to working on a brief and I guess the time limit passed, so it wouldn't save.  Here was the text of my edit:

EDIT: I guess I forgot Hayden, but I don't remember hearing anybody had him ahead of Milliner.  Maybe before they ran when people thought Milliner wasn't going to run well, but not after Milliner bested him at the combine. 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree and posted this on JI

we have alot of decent players obv they made the NFL they just need a coach that can put them in the best position to succeed. I am not a geno fan at all but I still think if we had a different coach geno would not be this bad...........it is all the false bravado that wrecks brings and not holding players accountable. I think Geno if we got another QB in here should stay our number 2 QB.

So I don't think idzik messed up as much as many think we just don't have the coaches to help the guys we have.

It is not idziks fault the cb's play 10 yards off the WR and never have heard of bump and run.

It is not idzicks fault the wildcat is still part of our gameplan even though it has been fazed out of the nfl 4 years ago.

It is not idzicks fault that our offense keeps going 3 and out and the defense gets tired

it is not idzicks fault that our coaches don't know how to get the proper personal on the field and uses time-outs in the wrong fashion.

it is not idzicks fault that the offense always throws 3 yards short of a first down on third downs.

it is not idzicks fault that we are one of the most penalized teams in the world

it is not idzicks fault that the team is never as prepared as it should be.

90 perent of the fault is the coaches and dumbasses in the origination ie scouting, president, coach's, and director of player personnel to name a few that is not to say idzick was perfect i do blame about 10 percent of the season on him.

A good coach however could come up with a better offensive gameplan for C.J and the WR's.

No it is idzik's fault that he gave Rex inferior players for his defense. A stud CB like revis and this would be a far different team right now. Not defending Rex - I dispise him greatly - but no one could win with what Iggy has given the team.

No it is idzik's fault that he gave Rex inferior players for his defense. A stud CB like revis and this would be a far different team right now. Not defending Rex - I dispise him greatly - but no one could win with what Iggy has given the team.

Yup, if only Rex had great talent on defense, Rex's defense would be great.

I agree and posted this on JI

It is not idziks fault the cb's play 10 yards off the WR and never have heard of bump and run.

Did they agree that Rex refuses to play bump and run on JI too?   You have to ******* kidding me.  The personnel dictates the lack of bump and run.  Most of the misguided complaints about Rex claim that he has Marcus Williams and Josh Thomas playing up on the line cover zero like he has prime of their careers Revis and Cro.  This is a new one, but fits right in with the any complaint is valid, as long as it is a complaint. 

He only missed one game, as I know you know, but his injury history was pretty extensive:

Dee Milliner has had five surgeries

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 23, 2013, 2:19 PM EST

Whether there are legitimate concerns about Dee Milliner’s ability to stay healthy or whether it’s all part of a smear campaign, the health of the former Alabama cornerback is one of the major topics of conversation in the final days before the NFL draft.

So with everyone buzzing about Milliner’s medical status, Adam Schefter of ESPN offers this note: Milliner has undergone a total of five surgeries: a right knee scope, a repair of a sports hernia, a procedure for a right tibia stress fracture and one surgery on each shoulder.

Milliner is still rehabbing after his most recent shoulder surgery, and he might not be ready for the start of training camp. So it’s easy to see why there are medical questions about him.

But it’s also important to remember this: In his three seasons at Alabama, Milliner missed exactly one game, and in that game (a blowout win over Western Kentucky), coach Nick Saban said Milliner had a minor hip injury and could have played if the team needed him. So while Milliner’s medical history may raise a few eyebrows, his football history says he can get on the field when his team needs him.

Brittle players tend to be brittle.

I agree 100%. There are players who were brittle in College and they are brittle in the pros. Maybe its in their genetic makeup that there bones are less dense with calcium, maybe their ligenture is too stiff or loose and can lead to ligament damage. The bottom line is that an extensive injury history PRIOR to the NFL can be a predictor of their injuries in the NFL.

Don't draft brittle players.

LL

Did they agree that Rex refuses to play bump and run on JI too?   You have to ******* kidding me.  The personnel dictates the lack of bump and run.  Most of the misguided complaints about Rex claim that he has Marcus Williams and Josh Thomas playing up on the line cover zero like he has prime of their careers Revis and Cro.  This is a new one, but fits right in with the any complaint is valid, as long as it is a complaint. 

playing single coverage with marcus williams and josh thomas is alot different than what i said ..............i was alluding to the fact that not only were they in single coverage like you said but they also allow 10 yard cushion at the snap of the ball even before they start backpedaling.

a gm's job is to agree with the head coach on a roster and then get him the players to fit his team.    wrecks is as much to blame for this sh*tty roster as idzick.

a gm's job is to agree with the head coach on a roster and then get him the players to fit his team.    wrecks is as much to blame for this sh*tty roster as idzick.

What players did Rex let go that they should have kept?  Jalen Saunders?  Jeremiah George?  Sanchez was a straight salary dump. Rex obviously was screaming for another CB and that was before Milliner and McDougle went down. If only Rex had the foresight to keep Ducasse or Peterman the line would be beastly.  

This was my favorite part of that article because its a totally different take and everything is playing out in the complete opposite. :)

The contrast between Ryan and Idzik, meanwhile, could continue to play out in the media despite last season's oddly happy ending. Idzik is thinking long term. Ryan needs to win this season to keep his job, and he doesn't have the players to pull it off.

DRC has been awful.

Fwiw, the guy Idzik thought he had a deal with (Vontae Davis) might be the best CB in the league this year.

DRC was not high on my list.  I didn't really think Flowers was such a great fit either, but Milliner was injured all along and they had literally nothing else to play with.

It is Mehta, so we take it with a grain of salt, but...

Mehta also reports that the Jets missed out on free agent Vontae Davis due to the GM's "lack of flexibility in negotiations" and weren't in on the Darrelle Revis sweepstakes because Idzik "wasn't interested" in bringing Revis back to the Jets.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24490262/report-rex-ryan-wasnt-pleased-jets-missed-drc-in-free-agency

The fact that Rex wanted more at CB is not really up for debate IMO.  I thought Idzik had a plan, but I'm not seeing it.  I don't see what "his coach" is going to find sifting through these ashes. 

That article is in March, before the draft.

Rex, publicly said he was very comfortable with the CB's he had going into the season.Rex wouldn't lie, would he?

http://nypost.com/2014/09/01/no-the-jets-poor-cb-depth-still-doesnt-phase-idzik-or-rex/

That article is in March, before the draft.

Rex, publicly said he was very comfortable with the CB's he had going into the season.Rex wouldn't lie, would he?

http://nypost.com/2014/09/01/no-the-jets-poor-cb-depth-still-doesnt-phase-idzik-or-rex/

Oh, you mean he said something in support of the ******* GM?  I'm sure that Rex was ecstatic to have McDougle and Patterson in camp.  Your stupid quote came when they were going into the season with a 7th round safety opposite and UDFA, it was too late to do anything.  What the **** was he supposed to say?  My GM is a sabotaging dick?  He didn't have to.  Even Tom and the Ilk were admitting it by then.

Oh, you mean he said something in support of the ******* GM?  I'm sure that Rex was ecstatic to have McDougle and Patterson in camp.  Your stupid quote came when they were going into the season with a 7th round safety opposite and UDFA, it was too late to do anything.  What the **** was he supposed to say?  My GM is a sabotaging dick?  He didn't have to.  Even Tom and the Ilk were admitting it by then.

Then why say such stupid things.

Say "we will compete" say "next man up" say "we have to be comfortable with it", anything other than the false bravado he continues to throw out there, that make him look stupid in hindsight.

Other coaches have the ability to say "nothing", yet Rex continually puts it out there, and it has no substance. That, is called delusion.

Then why say such stupid things.

Say "we will compete" say "next man up" say "we have to be comfortable with it", anything other than the false bravado he continues to throw out there, that make him look stupid in hindsight.

Other coaches have the ability to say "nothing", yet Rex continually puts it out there, and it has no substance. That, is called delusion.

Rex says stupid things and supports whoever is in the Jets lockers.  This is not news.  He said things in support of Kerry Rhodes and Vernon Gholston too.  To pretend that this quote means anything is moronic and EVERY coach would say that they support the guys they put on the field.  Rex wanted better corners.  If you believe that this quote indicates that Rex thought the GM gave him legit NFL CBs, then I weep for the Penn State educational system. 

Yup, if only Rex had great talent on defense, Rex's defense would be great.

the Jets are running a 100 million dollar team against 120 and 130 million dollar teams. And that's after Percy Harvin. Before him it was a 95 million dollar team.  The Jets chose cap space over talent.

It's not a coaching problem. It's a talent problem, and it has been all year.

Rex says stupid things and supports whoever is in the Jets lockers.  This is not news.  He said things in support of Kerry Rhodes and Vernon Gholston too.  To pretend that this quote means anything is moronic and EVERY coach would say that they support the guys they put on the field.  Rex wanted better corners.  If you believe that this quote indicates that Rex thought the GM gave him legit NFL CBs, then I weep for the Penn State educational system. 

Therein lies much of his problem. 

Not sure what it has to do with PSU.

the Jets are running a 100 million dollar team against 120 and 130 million dollar teams. And that's after Percy Harvin. Before him it was a 95 million dollar team.  The Jets chose cap space over talent.

Yet, the majority of Jet experts on this board, BEFORE the season began, said that this was a playoff team. That the talent collected was playoff worthy talent.

Some, even as the draft ended, seemed giddy with the majority of the talent picked.

Could so many people be wrong?

Therein lies much of his problem. 

Not sure what it has to do with PSU.

If you want to say Rex says stupid things, I am not going to argue.  Rex saying stupid things has no relationship with the CBs that Idzik has provided him with and there is no doubt that they suck AND Rex wanted another legit vet CB.  None.  Coming up with a stupid quote that Rex said Antonio Allen would surprise people does not change that.  

What players did Rex let go that they should have kept?  Jalen Saunders?  Jeremiah George?  Sanchez was a straight salary dump. Rex obviously was screaming for another CB and that was before Milliner and McDougle went down. If only Rex had the foresight to keep Ducasse or Peterman the line would be beastly.  

cromartie for one

austin howard

the point is wrecks and the GM have to agree on a roster it is not one or the other.

this season is like a turd and a rotten fish wrapped in a dirty diaper. very difficult to determine which is causing the worst smell.

DRC has been awful.

Fwiw, the guy Idzik thought he had a deal with (Vontae Davis) might be the best CB in the league this year.

Yet Iddy did not close on him, what were GJ&H words again?  ABC

Iddy is probably too busy reading jet fan's emails on who to draft. I would think most GM's do not read the frivolity of fan suggestions

cromartie for one

austin howard

the point is wrecks and the GM have to agree on a roster it is not one or the other.

What on earth makes you think that Rex didn't want those guys back?  Idzik is the one that kissed them both off.  Idzik negotiated with those guys.  I don't have a problem with letting Howard walk seeing how he got a decent amount of scratch, but Rex certainly gave him the thumbs up to have back.  IMO Idzik is the one that gave Cro the kiss off, and if you check my back and forth with Dierking you will see Rex wanted another CB.  

What on earth makes you think that Rex didn't want those guys back?  Idzik is the one that kissed them both off.  Idzik negotiated with those guys.  I don't have a problem with letting Howard walk seeing how he got a decent amount of scratch, but Rex certainly gave him the thumbs up to have back.  IMO Idzik is the one that gave Cro the kiss off, and if you check my back and forth with Dierking you will see Rex wanted another CB.  

that is a surprise if he could he would have 53 CB's but being we have other areas of a football team that need to be addressed also it can't be done. You can not have 20 db's just because, and besides wrecks in giving the false bravado he does would think he could turn the ball boy into a top defensive player that is just how he is.

How many times has he said even in his book he knows he will have a good defense every year he is so full of himself that way.

that is a surprise if he could he would have 53 CB's but being we have other areas of a football team that need to be addressed also it can't be done. You can not have 20 db's just because, and besides wrecks in giving the false bravado he does would think he could turn the ball boy into a top defensive player that is just how he is.

How many times has he said even in his book he knows he will have a good defense every year he is so full of himself that way.

Please read you comments and tell me how any of this supports you point that Rex let Cro walk?  

There is a big difference between having 53 CBs and going into a season with Kyle Wilson as your most established CB.  You can count Patterson, but that was one of the worst signings in memory.  Besides the AWOL, Rex obviously hated him, pulling him and chastising him on the sideline and sending him back out near the end of the preseason game.  We should have had a vet CB to take Cro's place.  Patterson was all we got and that is a disaster.  I was happy that Idzik wasn't just doing what Rex wanted, but he left the team completely unarmed at CB and WR2

Archived