Simms Signed from PS; Walls out

jetsrule128

@nyjets: We have signed QB Matt Simms from the practice squad and released WR Chris Owusu.

@nyjets: We have downgraded CB Darrin Walls to out (calf/knee) for Sunday’s game. He will not travel.

I'd imagine Geno's shoulder makes him sit. Simms might see playing time when Vick inevitably get injured. Walls is a loss because that unit is already in shambles and he was the most consistent. Maybe Adams or Wilson starts?

Walls is a loss because that unit is already in shambles and he was the most consistent. Maybe Adams or Wilson starts?

You really need to get over your love for Walls. He's been consistently horrible, just like the rest of the secondary.

He stinks. Him having gone to ND doesn't change that

You really need to get over your love for Walls. He's been consistently horrible, just like the rest of the secondary.

He stinks. Him having gone to ND doesn't change that

I don't have to do anything. Top 50 CB in the NFL. Not bad for an UDFA. I was a big fan of Wayne Chrebet because he was an UDFA too. What can I say? I like to cheer for the underdog.

@nyjets: We have signed QB Matt Simms from the practice squad and released WR Chris Owusu.

@nyjets: We have downgraded CB Darrin Walls to out (calf/knee) for Sunday’s game. He will not travel.

I'd imagine Geno's shoulder makes him sit. Simms might see playing time when Vick inevitably get injured. Walls is a loss because that unit is already in shambles and he was the most consistent. Maybe Adams or Wilson starts?

No problem. Just move Jarrett to CB .  LOL.

At this point, I really don't know what to do.  I've seen young QBs look awful for a long time, then mature and be very good.  But after last week, I'm just numb, I have no idea what they should do.  I'm just saying, this is usually the end-when you have three QBs playing, that tends to be the mark of a team that either got wrecked by injuries or is about to get torn down.

At this point, I really don't know what to do. I've seen young QBs look awful for a long time, then mature and be very good. But after last week, I'm just numb, I have no idea what they should do. I'm just saying, this is usually the end-when you have three QBs playing, that tends to be the mark of a team that either got wrecked by injuries or is about to get torn down.

That is the Jets in a nutshell my friend: they are so clueless, that they subliminally transfer the anxiety of searching for solutions onto the fanbase. Most clubs have a sliver of competency and the faith of the fanbase that there is a reason to be patient, but not this team, not at all. You may even argue that the New York Jets are the biggest perpetrators of emotional abuse that ever existed.

Woody Johnson is basically the wet dream of Aldous Huxley himself.

He probably won't get the coaching he needs or the week to prepare he deserves. All I'm looking for is if the next coach can make something of him. Catching lightening in a bottle is a long shot with this coaching staff. Still worth a long look more than the other two at this point.

He probably won't get the coaching he needs or the week to prepare he deserves. All I'm looking for is if the next coach can make something of him. Catching lightening in a bottle is a long shot with this coaching staff. Still worth a long look more than the other two at this point.

I can't imagine a new regime retaining Simms. Its now or never.

Archived