Texas Tech's Patrick Mahomes injured, replaced by Testaverde

RSJ

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/11/01/texas-tech-patrick-mahomes-injury-vincent-testaverde

Texas Tech's Patrick Mahomes injured, replaced by Testaverde

Texas Tech freshman quarterback Patrick Mahomes, making his first career start, left Saturday's game against Texas with an injury. He was replaced by walk-on freshman Vincent Testaverde.

Mahomes was injured during the second quarter. The team later announced he would not return to the game.

Mahomes was starting in place of Davis Webb, who was injured in last week's loss to

Testaverde, the son of former NFL quarterback Vinny Testaverde, completed three of his first four passes while leading the Red Raiders on a touchdown drive.

The elder Testaverde played college football at Miami (Fla.) and won the Heisman Trophy in 1986.

- Dan Gartland

I seriously hope we aren't still looking for a QB when a walk-freshman from THIS year becomes draft eligible. Unknown stats aside and namesake notwithstanding.

We'll be looking for a QB when he's retired jerking off quickly into a tube sock in his basement while his wife showers. Just like his dad and we'll call him for a job

Vinny is one of my all time favorite jets...

Great NY guy

Loved those late 90s teams

1998: Great performance, probably the second-best in team history.

1999: Puts himself in harm's way, lost for the season.

2000: First team in NFL history to open 6-1 and miss the playoffs.

2001: Sitting at 7-3 VT can't seal the deal at home against the Patriots, they take division and Super Bowl.

2002: The prior year's fade continues, at 1-4 we go to Pennington too late, can't get a bye.

2003: Pennington's hurt, VT comes back, goes 2-5, disaster.

That's a 6-13 record for Vinny Testaverde after his disaster against the Patriots in which our destiny was overtaken by Tom Brady. Despite his Long Island zipcode and his boyish Italian charm, the guy was an awful quarterback, ruined 5 years of the team Bill Parcells built for us.

SAR I

Testaverde sucked.

Had one good year, flopped in Denver, got hurt, then wasted the promising 2000 season, let the Patriots win the Super Bowl in 2001, and cost us a bye in 2002.

5 years of pain on a has-been.

SAR I

Idk about all that. In 2000 he missed having Keyshawn, and in 2001 he was put in an offense that didn't fit hit. He did well in Cleveland too. Can't hold Tampa against him except that maybe he should have forced his way out earlier like Steve Young did.

Testaverde sucked.

Had one good year, flopped in Denver, got hurt, then wasted the promising 2000 season, let the Patriots win the Super Bowl in 2001, and cost us a bye in 2002.

5 years of pain on a has-been.

SAR I

Testaverde did NOT flop in Denver...Byars, Martin and the defense flopped in that game...Vinny was something like 15-18 for about 200 yards in 60 mph wind gusts in that first half. He outplayed Elway.

Testaverde did NOT flop in Denver...Byars, Martin and the defense flopped in that game...Vinny was something like 15-18 for about 200 yards in 60 mph wind gusts in that first half. He outplayed Elway.

He lost the game. He did nothing in the second half to lead us back.

SAR I

Archived