Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

jgb

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Btw, hes averaging 1.5 ints a game......thru 4.

You act as if that is something other than absolutely awful.

That would be on pace for 24 INTs over a 16 game season, a number not even Geno Smith hit last year.  Eli was the only player in the NFL that hit that number last season, so it is most certainly not something to celebrate.  The only player on a worse pace this year would be Blake Bortles.  That's not to mention the 1.25 fumbles Sanchez is averaging per game, which would be good for 20 over a full season.  Of course that's all being a little generous, as he hasn't even played 4 full games yet.

Yeah, the turnovers have obviously been absurd, but he's looked like a significantly better player overall than he ever was here. What's interesting is that Kelly doesn't pull the leash on him after a bad play--he makes Sanchez go out and throw it down the field again. Whether that burns him eventually remains to be seen, and if Sanchez loses them the game on Thanksgiving, he's likely done as a starter from that point on in his career. That said, I've been interested to see if different (better?) coaching could fix even the most flawed QB. I think the answer, right now, is "kinda."

This is what they tried with Sanchez in his third year here. It didn't work out well.

He's older now. Spent a year rehabbing on the sidelines. I always felt that with time he could be a decent QB. Not sure he's there, yet, and not sure that his current level of play is due to awesome coaching, either.

This is what they tried with Sanchez in his third year here. It didn't work out well.

He's older now. Spent a year rehabbing on the sidelines. I always felt that with time he could be a decent QB. Not sure he's there, yet, and not sure that his current level of play is due to awesome coaching, either.

He had 26 touchdowns to 18 interceptions that year. That is Namathesque in recent Jet lore.

But, that is also when the Jets began to let the line deteriorate, and Sanchez had his proclivity with fumbles. The fumbles were his biggest problem that year. he also got gun shy.

Thursday 7:30 PM

Dallas 47 Eagles 17

Tony Romo

Dallas

Romo 4 TD passes 375 yards

2 Defensive TD'S ..pick sixes

Eagles

Mark Suckchez

O TD 3 INT 2 Pick Sixes 2 Fumbles lost

87 yds

Removed after first half

Matt Barkley

2 TDS 0 INT...178 yds

After game

Chip Kelly names Barkley the starter for the remainder of the season

Mark Suckchez shrugs and issues Hangdog look

Thanks for sharing your fantasies.

You act as if that is something other than absolutely awful.

That would be on pace for 24 INTs over a 16 game season, a number not even Geno Smith hit last year. Eli was the only player in the NFL that hit that number last season, so it is most certainly not something to celebrate. The only player on a worse pace this year would be Blake Bortles. That's not to mention the 1.25 fumbles Sanchez is averaging per game, which would be good for 20 over a full season. Of course that's all being a little generous, as he hasn't even played 4 full games yet.

Yeah, but see its after 4 games. lol so, its really meaningless. The fact is it is 6 ints and 3 of them were in garbage time. Hes 3-1, gobbling up yards, 63%........and sh*tting on the fools we have under center. Like I said, the jets forum is the only place on earth where he isn't playing well. I know its painful, but he WILL be starting next year, and then we have a long time to revisit yhis conversation.

Show me a list of qbs who have ever gone 30 for 43.......and suck. lol

Yeah, but see its after 4 games. lol so, its really meaningless. The fact is it is 6 ints and 3 of them were in garbage time. Hes 3-1, gobbling up yards, 63%........and sh*tting on the fools we have under center. Like I said, the jets forum is the only place on earth where he isn't playing well. I know its painful, but he WILL be starting next year, and then we have a long time to revisit yhis conversation.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/11/mark_sanchez_report_card_2.html - A C- is not playing well. 

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/mark-sanchez-philadelphia-eagles-tennessee-titans-nfl-turnovers - This guy disagrees with you. 

Be honest, this is either you or Smashmouth, right:

B3JVq-zCIAAe9Ju.png

Guys, on pace for 40+ turnovers over a full season is great for Mark Sanchez!

Ha ha ha.  I saw the first half the other day.  I was certain that Chip Kelly would have preferred to hand off EVERY play, judging by the first few series of the game.  Chip Kelly!  When Chip Kelly wants to hand off every play, you know something is wrong with the QB.  As far as yardage, I could throw for 200 yards in Chip's offense and I am over 60.

You realize this post doesn't make any sense, right?  I mean literally none at all.  Your entire argument completely contradicts itself.

On one hand you're touting Sanchez for "only" throwing 1.5 INTs per game while making a point of ignoring his additional 1.25 fumbles per game, and trying to celebrate that supposed accomplishment.  Then when it is shown to you that those numbers are actually horrible, you carry on about how 4 games means nothing.  Yet in the next breath you're rambling on about how much 4 games supposedly means about the greatness of Sanchez as you only look at the specific numbers from Sanchez which make him look good, while outright ignoring those which make him look bad.  As if that wasn't laughably bad enough, your final argument is using a completion percentage from one game as some sort of evidence that Sanchez is any good.  A single game completion percentage of just under 70% while good, is hardly world beater type stuff.  Geno friggin' Smith has topped that on multiple occasions and he most certainly sucks something fierce (and that's being kind).

Bottom line, you've actually managed to prove yourself wrong.  Well done.

Now let's be fair...

it could be Pac.

Sanchez is averaging an interception every 24.7 pass attempts. Only four NFL quarterbacks are throwing interceptions at a higher rate this year — Geno Smith (23.3), Josh McCown (22.8), Kirk Cousins (22.7) and Blake Bortles (20.3). And all but Bortles have been benched.

Sanchez is averaging an interception every 24.7 pass attempts. Only four NFL quarterbacks are throwing interceptions at a higher rate this year — Geno Smith (23.3), Josh McCown (22.8), Kirk Cousins (22.7) and Blake Bortles (20.3). And all but Bortles have been benched.

Dude but he's playing good for Mark Sanchez.

You want to know what makes this stat even better?  That's actually not accounting for last night's game.

That's right, when you factor in Geno's appearance, he now actually has a lower interception rate than Sanchez this season.  If you want to be a real dick about it and look at it based on total number of dropbacks (i.e., accounting for sacks and QB runs), Geno's INT numbers get only that much better than Sanchez's.  The fumble rate is even more obscenely in Geno's favor.

Sanchez is simply a turnover machine and his entire career, including this season, supports that.

You want to know what makes this stat even better?  That's actually not accounting for last night's game.

That's right, when you factor in Geno's appearance, he now actually has a lower interception rate than Sanchez this season.  If you want to be a real dick about it and look at it based on total number of dropbacks (i.e., accounting for sacks and QB runs), Geno's INT numbers get only that much better than Sanchez's.  The fumble rate is even more obscenely in Geno's favor.

Sanchez is simply a turnover machine and his entire career, including this season, supports that.

But but Chip Kelly, bro.  And he's playing well for Mark Sanchez.

Ha ha ha.  I saw the first half the other day.  I was certain that Chip Kelly would have preferred to hand off EVERY play, judging by the first few series of the game.  Chip Kelly!  When Chip Kelly wants to hand off every play, you know something is wrong with the QB.  As far as yardage, I could throw for 200 yards in Chip's offense and I am over 60.

Chip decided to throw the ball 40+ times sport. 

This is as weak as Sperm telling us that Kelly has Sanchez up to the line of scrimmage with 15 seconds to go on the play clock when he has any QB do the same. Then we have thee posters who want to say every turnover has been Sanchez's fault.

He's not an All-Pro but he looks a hell of a lot better than he did under team dysfunction. Let's allow the season to play out before making statements that are not accurate.

Chip decided to throw the ball 40+ times sport. 

This is as weak as Sperm telling us that Kelly has Sanchez up to the line of scrimmage with 15 seconds to go on the play clock when he has any QB do the same. Then we have thee posters who want to say every turnover has been Sanchez's fault.

He's not an All-Pro but he looks a hell of a lot better than he did under team dysfunction. Let's allow the season to play out before making statements that are not accurate.

First of all, I am not a sport.  Sanchez first drive was almost entirely run.  His second drive  was heavy on run.  i think when Kelly saw that Tennessee tackled like high schoolers and covered like cheerleaders he let him go.  Dallas devours  him next week

First of all, I am not a sport.  Sanchez first drive was almost entirely run.  His second drive  was heavy on run.  i think when Kelly saw that Tennessee tackled like high schoolers and covered like cheerleaders he let him go.  Dallas devours  him next week

Actually he threw the ball 7 times out of the 13 plays on their first two drives....Jack.

Or maybe not

what game u watchin sport  9-11 100 yds

Thursday 7:30 PM

Dallas 47 Eagles 17

Tony Romo

Dallas

Romo 4 TD passes 375 yards

2 Defensive TD'S ..pick sixes

Eagles

Mark Suckchez

O TD 3 INT 2 Pick Sixes 2 Fumbles lost

87 yds

Removed after first half