Sign in to follow this  
jgb

Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

If Sanchez continues to play well and cuts down on his nonsensical turnovers, as a Jets' fan, the only person I'll be angry with is him.  Did he really need to be injured and shipped off to another team for the better part of two years to understand that he shouldn't throw it to the opposing team?  There's nothing about having better receivers or better tutelage that suddenly makes you realize you shouldn't throw into triple coverage or directly to the oncoming defensive end.

Did Chip somehow rework all of Mark's mechanics to stop him from overthrowing, underthrowing and throwing late to his receivers? Disregarding the whole terrible environment/Jets can't develop QBs debate, the two biggest things holding Mark back from succeeding here was his accuracy and decision making, which lead to an unacceptable amount of turnovers.  In his four years as a starting QB for the Jets his completion percentage never sniffed 60% (56.7% was his highest in his third year in the league) and while some of that can be on our receivers, his accuracy was always a major problem. He was pretty pinpoint last night and if that continues to be a trend, good for him, he's always had the talent. He coughed the ball up twice in his first game and while almost INTs don't count, he had zero last night.  If he can continue to not turn the ball over, then again, good for him and the Eagles (actually no, f*ck the eagles, I hate everything about that city).  

Mark has always had the talent, but if he's corrected his stupid decision making errors, than I would imagine that's more on him keeping himself in check after having his job in limbo the last two years.  Sometimes a guy needs a change of scenery or wake-up call to put it all together and if he's truly corrected these flaws,  I believe it's more on him than Kelly being some sort of wunderkind QB-whisperer.  

Ok I read it to0 bc I felt guilty and you make some good points. This Sanchez stuff is just out of hand.  It's not like anyone said he couldn't win an NFL game. 

HAHA

Bring out the kicker. Look familiar?

7 TDs and 1 FG out of 8 tries this year in the red zone. He's doing ok. Prob not good enough to beat the Packers in Green Bay though. 

Manute Bol wouldn't have caught those last 3 Sanchez passes and he was almost 8 feet tall.

Manute Bol was such a gentle giant. Miss him. 

I'm torn because my agenda requires Chip Kelly to be awesome, too

It's fumbles and a crappy defense. 

Rodgers is such a good sport. Nice pat on the back of the lineman chasing him.

Eww can't tell if serious.

What's going to be great in this thread is when Green Bay goes into prevent, then Sanchez puts up 150 yards and 2 TDs and the wingnuts cry vindication.

Like Gorillas in the Mist. 

It's actually sad when the only thing we have going, is trying to and justify either our pro or con Sanchez debate, when he plays for another team.

To be fair, the pro people should be locked up in a cave. 

• Upvote 3

never declared vindication and if you read my posts which I know you did you would know that. Sanchez just threw a pick six I guess that's the end of his career throw him to the curb :) .

The Eagles got their asses handed to them today, it happens

If you're in my, Mark Sanchez is a pretty decent back up QB Camp, take a flyer and a cup at the door. The warm beer is free. 

Same thing I told EY no one is crying vindication that's going to take time if it ever comes. Hes playing better in the short time hes been in and that's about it

Errr, you might have missed a few posts last couple of weeks. 

I hope a fish (that lives so deep in the ocean that science has no name for it) eats his dick as the plane sinks.

Oh. My. God. 

The true humor in this, and what everyone's missing, is that Drew Stanton just led the Cardinals to another (9-1) win on the season. 

If it's any consolation given the JETS record at developing WR's both Matthews and Jeffrey might have been busts if they were drafted by the JETS.

+1

Yeah, even guys who I didnt think would be much of anything such as Allen Robinson has even flourished. No name guys like Allen Hurns (also a Jaguar) has also put together some things.

I will say this, NEVER DRAFT A QB or WR FROM USC! Marqise Lee has done nothing noticeable since week 1. This years WR class looks promising. I dont even want to talk about dude from the Bills. If the Bills get a competent QB the jets may face another 15 years of obscurity.

Lee's been injured

Multiple issues was a toe then hamstring or something

yeah, but for right now he's not producing and from the looks of Allen Hurns and Allen Robinson he may not get an opportunity to show anything.

give it time, jags gonna be good soon IMO

I absolutely agree with you on that one, especially if Lee pans out. I stated at the end of preseason that I felt the Jags may have had the best draft of any team in the league. Its possible that they hit at QB, and they definitely hit at WR, at least twice, maybe 3 times.

Yep. And I'll be surprised if Bortles doesn't turn out to at least be solid. In maybe a Flacco sort of way.

Why don't you mind your own damn Cleveland business.

Bc I like Tx and you're the only one that looks bad by letting him get to you. 7-4 woohoo...

• Upvote 2

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company