Sign in to follow this  
jgb

Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

1-8 really takes this fanbase to absurd places. To be fair though I have never seen the day to day pulse of the fanbase at this level of despair in social media mode because in 1996 I was 12 and the Internet was something I was only allowed on a couple of hours a week.

If Sanchez finishes this season with a QB rating over 90, Rex won't be able to get a job coaching eight-man high school football in Reykjavik.

Doubt he hits 90. If I'm a defensive coordinator playing philly I probably don't even dress my linemen. Load up the defense with all of my backs, put them spread out across the line of scrimmage and challenge Sanchez to make a play other than a screen to Sproles.

It's beyond discussion that Sanchez was mishandled here. What remains to be seen is how much was wasted by mishandling Mark Sanchez.

A 6th overall pick and seven years now and counting.

I'm not a reborn Sanchez apologist by any stretch and I don't suddenly believe that he is going to turn into Josh McCown or Kyle Orton. However, I do see his being let go as a massive indictment on Idzik because there really was no reason.

We had a player who was going to be coming into his fifth year in the league, by all stretches should have been working towards his prime- so after having healed for a year on the bench, he was sent packing in favor of an unproven, second rounder with a shaky college resumè and, honestly, less of a college pedigree than Sanchez, probably a lower Wonderlic too.

So you in turn sign Michael Vick to backup this new project in an understanding that Vick is a single year rental who never was expected to actually play.

In other words, Idzik went all-in on an undeserving prospect, with no contingency plan- and insult to injury, we probably have to sign another veteran now which is going to eat 10-16 million of his precious, freed up cap space which has put this team in the terrible position it is in to begin with.

Sanchez was terrible in his last offseason here and had to go. There was no scenario in which it was a good idea to keep him, especially if Rex was going to continue on as coach.

Replace Sanchez with any other real quarteback solution from the market and we have the same example. The point is that the irony that "build through the draft with cap space" is not only failing, but that we either have to reject the idea entirely and spend for a veteran QB, lest we spend another 3-5 years looking for a high value quarterback in the draft. If that becomes a real possibility, the strategy is self defeated. Idzbutt went all in on an unproven, unqualified rookie and there is no getting around that.His strategy, as it relates to fielding quarterbacks, has already failed.

I want us to trade for Cammy Cam. Btw ex Jets are move the chains in both directions tonifht I want to puke.

He was just talking up Chip in a manner that kind of threw shade at Rex

He should be thanking Rex from the bottom of his heart for his second chance at a career via being broken for a season and then shipped out. Kids life was over in ny

Yea, Sanchez really stunk up the joint last night.

When was the last time a Jets QB threw for 337 yards, 2 TD's and no turnovers???

BTW, the red, yellow, green was all Rex and his staff because he has no clue how to coach a QB. And I agree, that was pretty embarrassing.

I need to see a dr. I cannot stop puking.

Dallas scored 38 points last night because Mark Sanchez started for the Eagles? That's amazing!

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company