Sign in to follow this  
jgb

Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

You should spend less time critiquing other posters and more time discussing the football team.

I brag about nothing. I will defend myself when challenged, however.

SAR I

Way to stand your ground, buddy. Don't take any guff from these swine.

GMZ I

I agree with the first part about Kelly but not about the kast part with Sanchez.

Sanchez played under Schitty and Sparano in the least QB-friendly systems the NFL has seen in 20yrs. So to think Sanchez would be buttfumbling under any competent OC is highly suspect.

He's playing under a great offensive coach now and he still isn't good. Before this week's game he was 26th in DVOA. Foles has a DYAR 5.5 times higher on only twice as many throws in the same offense, and it's not like he's setting the world on fire himself. This week will improve the numbers some, but is anybody getting excited over 7.5 Y/A on 69% passing with a touchdown and not turning the ball over for once ever if we're talking about anyone besides Sanchez?

• Upvote 1

Oh stop it. It's not like anyone has overreacted to an outlier game by Sanchez before. Not on this forum. Ever. Between 2009 and 2012. Never happened.

How absurd is it that we're talking about 20/29 for 217 yards as an outlier?

This is why I went into law to avoid math.

Dumb this down for me using test grades. If a student has 4 As and 4 Cs, there are no outliers, right? Even if that student gets 3 As and 5 Cs there are no outliers. However, if the student has 1 A and 7 Cs, then the A is the outlier.

Sanchez has 2 A games in 5. If his good games equal his not good games then the good games cant be called outliers, right?

If putting up Paul Hackett numbers in Chip Kelly's offense is the top of the curve, who really gives a sh*t?

• Upvote 1

If it was so easy to run Chip's system, Vick would still be an Iggle

One, no he wouldn't. Two, Vick was just as efficient as Sanchez is as a passer and put up rushing numbers to boot. Three, if Vick is the standard now, then we're burying the bar so far underground that Consuela could trip, fall, land in a ditch, and still clear it.

So now passing for over 300 yards is considered Hackettian , what's he supposed to do throw for 500 a game. If one of our Qb's threw for 300 yards consistently we'd be throwing them a parade.

The quarterback for the Eagles threw for 217 yards and a touchdown and you lunatics are wiping your chins. I can only imagine what it'd be like if we had a quarterback that consistently put up three bills.

Or Kelly simply saw McCoy looking like the beast he was in previous seasons and decided to keep his swiss cheese D off the field against the very proficient Dallas offense.  And that scaled down approach still resulted in 29 throws. 

Yeah, see, this is the problem with using words instead of numbers.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company