Sign in to follow this  
jgb

Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

We screwed up the best QB prospect we've seen in 40 years.

We deserve Mark Sanchez to go elsewhere and be successful. And if it's the icing on the cake to get Idzik and Ryan out of town, good.

SAR I

I just posted in the gameday thread that the more I think about it, the more I agree with your sentiment that we would be far better off right now had we kept the 2 we forced out (Sanchez and Tanny) and fired the one we kept (Wrecks).

well we are nearing the end of the "what players have left the jets and done anything" defense. by my count, that's the last one.

mark is putting montezuma's revenge on rex right now. no way he survives now with sanchez exploding 90 miles down the road.

As much as logic would dictate that, I don't think Woody operates by logic. Like I said, I don't believe Rex will be fired until the announcement is made.

• Upvote 1

The logic that insulates Rex is identical to the logic that insulates Sanchez (and, oddly, comes from some of the same people). I am disappoint.

Au contraire, in my experience the least sophisticated elements of the fanbase are of the mindset that Rex is blameless for the decline of this team, while Sanchez is the worst QB in Jets history.

The dude is 10 for 21, please tell me what we're seeing right now that's any different than what he did in NY?  He just threw it directly to the opposing defense and then dirted it on a miscommunication.  He always showed flashes here, but never was consistent, that's his MO.  My point was, until there's actual pressure on him to do more than just game manage, I'm not buying into the OMGZ Sanchez is totally reinventing himself.  

Philly has a LOT of drops in this game.

Aside from JiF, I don't think this person exists.

I take it you've never interacted with fans tailgating at MetLife…it's quite the awakening experience.

Wow, 14 for 26 for 1 TD against a secondary worse than ours and it's I told you so time. LMA ******* O

You must not be watching this game…Sanchez looks great, and Philly WRs have about 6-7 drops that hit them right in the hands.

• Upvote 1

As long as Rex apologists can't point to Idzik as the reason Rex was fired, you can dump him. We'll be hiring the Tampa Bay Bucs waterboy to be GM next year, but whatever.

Honestly, at this point I don't even care who gets the credit/blame; just so long as that imbecile Rex is out the door by season's end, I'll be content.

And frankly, I don't think we'll have any trouble bringing aboard a credible GM, provided we allow them the ability to pick their own front office and HC. Keep in mind Idzik was a last-choice desperation candidate to begin with, since everyone else refused the job with Rex attached, so it's not like we're casting out a young Ron Wolf here (speaking of whom, his son is currently director of personnel for the Packers - would be an attractive candidate IMO).

• Upvote 2

I remember at this other forum, SARS was saying after 2012 to fire Rex and make a heavy play for Chip. Everyone called him an idiot and a troll.

After that I remember him saying Sanchez was the best QB the Jets had had since Namath. Everyone called him an idiot and a troll.

Like just about every thread created over at that dumpster fire, they age like a fine, fine wine.

SARS, since you don't post there anymore anyway, you should go necro bump all of that stuff just as a final FU.

Your day of vengeance has come.

You realize most people on those other forums (JI and TGG) still don't view Rex as the problem, and many have advocated (in recent days) making Rex HC/GM? They're Rex dead-enders - they'd rather lose perennially with Rex running things than win with anyone else. It's a cult of personality thing that I just can't wrap my head around.

Yea, Sanchez really stunk up the joint last night.

When was the last time a Jets QB threw for 337 yards, 2 TD's and no turnovers???

BTW, the red, yellow, green was all Rex and his staff because he has no clue how to coach a QB. And I agree, that was pretty embarrassing.

It pains me to see fans of rival teams recognize the glaringly obvious, while so many Jets fans are still completely oblivious.

He also only completed 54 % of his throws against that awful secondary.  Let's see what kind of numbers he puts up on a real defense when throwing at that clip. 

Were you watching the game or did you just read the stat line? I counted a good 6-7 passes that bounced right off the hands of his WRs. There really weren't many errant throws on the night at all.

Mark Sanchez has as many wins this season as the Jets do as a team.

He went to Geno's to get a cheesesteak too. Because of course he did.

Mark_Sanchez_Late_Night_Philly_Cheeseste

• Upvote 1

he would go back to sucking and we'd start booing him

Its time to accept that the franchise just isnt very good with QBs, this where QBs come to die.

I don't think that's a foregone conclusion. I really think with the right HC (one that doesn't neglect the offense) and a front office devoted to putting the right pieces around him, he could have success here again.

If we're not in a position to draft Mariota, I wouldn't object to bringing Mark back and investing in the OL and a #1 WR.

The only question is whether he'd be willing to come back here, or if that bridge is burned.

what makes you think he would return? he has iced it in philly. outplayed foles. they make a deep playoff run, and it's his team for the foreseeable future.

i can imagine a phone conversation between idzdick and mark going something like this:

*ring*

Mark: Hello?

Idz: Good evening Mark, John Idzik speaking, New York Jets GM.

Mark: errrrrrrr...hi? What's this all about?

Idz: Mark, we've been very impressed with how you're playing this season. I know it didn't work out too well the last time you were here, but we at the jets would love to offer you a chance to come back and be our starting QB again. You know, with weaponzz, a support base, and a coach that actually gives a damn...you know, all that good sh*t you didn't have last time. Whaddya say, Mark?

Mark: *click*

Idz: Hello???...... Mark? Mark?

Idz: ....you there, pal?  ....Mark?

Idz:.... :tumbleweed:

*25 minutes later*

Idz:... :1cry:

I'm assuming that we'll have a new GM next year. 

And maybe he wouldn't want to come back - but my point was that I wouldn't oppose bringing him back if he was open to a reunion.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company