Sign in to follow this  
jgb

Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

At a loss why with 350+ DL guys offenses aren't pushing the pedal to the floor to make big lumbering defenses tired and quickly with uptempo quick calls. And we have Ryan running a Woody Hayes offense and taking the full play clock before running every play. Now could be defenses will adjust to what Kelly is doing and do less subbing. But right now it's very effective, and something that would never occur to Ryan.

Ryan wouldn't change his underwear if he didn't have to. He's so set in his ways and so egotistical that he believes his way is the only way to win football games. Unleash the offense - fire Rex. 

• Upvote 1

He's playing under a great offensive coach now and he still isn't good. Before this week's game he was 26th in DVOA. Foles has a DYAR 5.5 times higher on only twice as many throws in the same offense, and it's not like he's setting the world on fire himself. This week will improve the numbers some, but is anybody getting excited over 7.5 Y/A on 69% passing with a touchdown and not turning the ball over for once ever if we're talking about anyone besides Sanchez?

300 yards passing in 3 of 4 games, 3-1 in those same games . I think any of us would gladly sign up for that . Kelly and his offensive system doesn't panic when they get turnovers like our HC does, they just keep passing to make up for the turnovers. But hey if its G&P helmet era football you want Rex is your man. 

If putting up Paul Hackett numbers in Chip Kelly's offense is the top of the curve, who really gives a sh*t?

So now passing for over 300 yards is considered Hackettian , what's he supposed to do throw for 500 a game. If one of our Qb's threw for 300 yards consistently we'd be throwing them a parade. 

Bottom line is we had/have (2009/2010, 2014) offensive weapons too bad our run the ball win by defense HC has no inclination to use them. All he wants outof   the offense is to not commit turnovers.

There seems to be so much support for Sanchez in this thread. I wonder where that support was when he was being let go.

He was horrible in Rex's 2011-2012 version of the G&P any QB would have . After all he threw to the Hofer's Chaz Schillens, Mardy Gilyard, Stephen Hill , Jason Hill , Jeff Reuland. 

When we had offensive weapons like in 2009-2010 and 2013-2014 Rex's neutered down approach renders them useless. 

Many claim if Rex only had a QB he would have won a SB. I contend if only we had a different HC we would have won a SB. 

The quarterback for the Eagles threw for 217 yards and a touchdown and you lunatics are wiping your chins. I can only imagine what it'd be like if we had a quarterback that consistently put up three bills.

Exactly , yet Chip's QB's put up 300 consistently including Sanchez - what's that say about our coaching and offensive philosophy. 

Fair enough, as someone who went into math to avoid doing law, I will do my best to dumb this down with no numbers:

I tend to look at things comparatively. That’s the beauty of replacement statistics, because they measure what another average-level quarterback could do given the same circumstances, players, coach, and system. In that category, Sanchez has faired poorly. This is mostly because of the turnovers. Most gay math done on football has shown that QB turnovers have as significant an impact on games as anything; even one can cost a game, two is disastrous. Thus, averaging two per game means the rest of the team has a lot of slack to pick up, and tanks the advanced numbers of a quarterback. To reiterate, this is because what these numbers measure is impact.

Regarding the Dallas game, this is an instance where the conventional line proves to be a useful tool in 2014. Kelly threw less, a lot less, which would be meaningless if not for the fact that he’s always at the top of the league in attempts every week.  So at that point, a numbers guy sits back and tries to put the qualitative puzzle together between the conventional and advanced lines: Given Sanchez’s performance this season, it means one of two things: Either Kelly, king of throwing, just randomly chose to run the ball over 3/5 of the time against one of the worst pass defenses in the league, or he toned it down because there is only so much you can do for a quarterback who is turning over the ball twice per game.

What these two things mean is that Sanchez’s impact on Philadelphia’s wins, when compared to what a different quarterback of average ability could accomplish in the same circumstances, system, and with the same players and coach, is minimal. What reinforces this notion is that these are numbers earned in years past. When Sanchez is asked to do more, turnovers increase and the team fairs poorly (i.e. Sanchez in 2011 and 2012). Thus, in the aggregate, this season is par for the course in both the conventional and advanced categories.  

In other words, the thing to be upset about in all of this is not that the Jets let go of Sanchez, but that they didn’t fire Rex two years ago when he deserved to be fired in order to hire Chip Kelly. The guy has turned over three quarterbacks in three years, none have lit the world on fire, but the offense hasn’t missed a beat. That’s a coach.

Or Kelly simply saw McCoy looking like the beast he was in previous seasons and decided to keep his swiss cheese D off the field against the very proficient Dallas offense.  And that scaled down approach still resulted in 29 throws. 

Only if you eliminate the 27-30 Jets on.the field who were better in each game

But why expect better

I think you could eliminate the defensive players , so that leaves maybe about a dozen. The D flat out sh*t the bed in those games.

I'll grant that...which makes Butt the 13th best Jet on the field out of 45.

But seriously, we are falling into the trap of a Jet "fan" currently dreamily contemplating sitting next to TX at the Eagle Pat SB in his green and silver #3 replica

No it sounds like your falling into that trap, some of us are just happy for Sanchez. Furthermore it emphasizes what develoement and a system can do for players, something our current CS know nothing about.

It’s now become a love-hate thing with Sanchez. On one end, every Jet fan hoped that he would be our franchise QB, and on those very few times when he showed it, we all wanted to belive it all that more. On the other, he continuosly made one bone-headed play after another.It was time to move on...

Tonight’s game showed once again what he's capable of doing, but just never able to do, and that’s close the deal.

All of those who KNEW that a interception was looming with th game on the line, raise your hand...

The funny thing is Rex get's all the credit for the playoff wins in 2009-10 . All the Rex supporters want to hold on to them like a badge of honor. But the guy in Philly who everyone despises , who played very well and was instrumental in all those wins is a villian. 

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company