Sign in to follow this  
jgb

Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

This is gonna' be an awesome week

Edited by AirForceJetFan
  • Upvote 1

I am cheering for him but not tonight. I need him to sh*t the bed. Fantasy problems.

I hope he does well.  I'd love to know if it was Rex or Tanny that dumped all of his targets in one off-season aside from Holmes.  That's what sent him in a downward spiral IMO.

Cotchery was let go because he was coming off a knee injury and wanted a big contract. Braylon was let go because he was straight up insane and you couldn't trust him with a contract. Where Rex comes into play was in bringing in two of the biggest thug-turds in the history of the league to join Santonio Holmes, who was similarly a scumbag. This was during a period where Shaun Ellis, Tony Richardson, Thomas Jones, Brad Smith, etc--everyone on the roster you'd describe as a veteran leader--was leaving the team. Rex killed himself by filling that leadership void with swaggerific douchebags who destroyed the locker room.

You could very well be right, but I wasn't in the locker room so I can't say.  I get it though.  When we like or dislike somebody, we fill in the blanks with what we would like it to be, so I honestly don't fault you at all. 

Modern day example.  The Geno debacle in SD.  I felt like he should have been benched and I believe you did too.  I like Rex, so when he says that the starting QB is a "Jet decision" that tells me that he's not making the call and being pressed or overruled on who starts.  You don't like Rex so you just say he refuses to hold players accountable.  Neither of us knows who is right, but we pick the story that supports our opinion. 

Who forced Rex into making Holmes a Captain?

Nobody forced him, that was a decision he made that resembles a lot of what I've seen in the military.  I've been through leadership courses that encourage you to take failing performers and challenge them with more responsibilities to see how they respond.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  Rex knew Holmes was a POS and thought he could get him to grow up by putting a bulls eye on him.  I get the thought process, and I  understand that  not every motivational tactic works.  Sometimes they fail, and that's what happened with Holmes.

If you're not in the locker room, how did you come to the conclusion that Rex is a good coach?

The same way you know he's a bad coach.  Watch the games and decide for myself.

I cant believe what I'm reading. lol

Look at Sanchez in year three, he wasn't all that bad.  Or am I remembering incorrectly and they dumped all of his targets before his only legitimately productive season?  I'm  not being a smartass either...I literally can't remember when the mass exodus of his receivers occurred, but I think it was after his 26 TD passes, 6 TD's on the ground, and 18INT season.  Not great numbers, but it was a huge step in the right direction.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company