Sign in to follow this  
jgb

Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

One bounced off his WRs hands, not sure about the other..

yeah that was on his WR....patsy fan must of missed that.

At 6-2 Sanchez will have some pressure on him to ensure Eagles stay on track for play-offs.

Will be interesting to watch him the rest of the way or for however long Foles is out.

Gotta think Chip Kelly is a little bit pumped about this. Coaches love nothing more than taking another coach's trash and turning them into players.

I always wonder if we turned  said player into trash. I guess we'll get our answer now.

• Upvote 1

It's beyond discussion that Sanchez was mishandled here. What remains to be seen is how much was wasted by mishandling Mark Sanchez.

Yep- we don't know for sure yet but coming out of that 2010 post season he was a capable starting QB IMO.

What our FO and HC proceeded to do with his surrounding talent was a recipe for disaster for almost any young QB heading into his third season. Sure some of the blame goes to Mark... he was immature, there were whispers and leaks that he did not study or work hard but you also have to look at what a cancer Mason and Holmes were.  

Think about it, QB finishes his 2nd year by elevating his game somewhat in the post season (or at the very least showing some promise) and he is rewarded with Plaxico, Mason and Holmes as the guys he needs to be in sink with and have a good working relationship with.

The O-Line and S. Greene also show signs of dropping off with the roster having no depth to fill the void.

Then just for good measure...just in case they have not completely destroyed any chance Sanchez had at success here, our FO brings the Tebow circus to town along with an OC that only they considered the master of the Wildcat.

I won't even get into John boy and Rex playing him behind 4th stringers during the Snoopy Bowl pre-season game in which up to that point he had clearly outplayed Idzik's bust of a draft pick Geno.

He could still turn out to be a disaster but our FO did nothing post 2010 to give him a chance at success.

You won't get an argument from me regarding leaving the cupboard bare behind Geno. I was hoping they'd take Bortles in the first this past draft, with the thinking that hoping Geno is the future was too dicey. That said, I don't think that keeping Sanchez was the answer here: he was toast to such extremes that he was getting booed for stepping on the field in preseason. My solitary hope regarding the position is that Idzik (should he stay) wants the next coach to have a vote in the matter. If his thought really was that Geno was The Guy, may God have mercy on his soul.

Absolutely.

Even Johnny Football would have been an acceptable if not great hedge your bet pick. I cannot believe that Idzik felt he had his QB in Geno based simply on his having had three decent games against weak teams down the stretch last season.

Our plan should have been and should be to keep drafting QB's early until we finally hit on one.  

Panthers defense is terrible, Sanchez is cooking them. 

Yeah the OL is giving him all day to go through his reads.  I was shocked though on how he made that TD throw while on the run.

He also had a dropped pick the game before, which would have given him 3.  I'm not suggesting he hasn't progressed.  I am suggesting we need to wait a few weeks before assuming he's suddenly a real QB.

True.  The true test will to see how he pans out in the games where his OL does not hold up as well as last night. He did move/slide and step up nicely in the pocket last night the few times there was pressure. 

I think your being a little over the top by continually listing how many picks he "should" have. One of his earlier picks was a bounce off of his WR. Last night he also had some passes dropped by his WR's. Just threw that in as you also appear hung up on his comp pct. last night.

Bottom line. He's better than anything we have......at least now that he's under a different HC/OC.  I would have liked to see how he did under MM as well but at the end of the day he's better off away from our dysfunctional organization.

Time will tell if he's the competent QB I think he can be. Besides,  it gives us something to follow this season.

That TD down the sideline he wasn't wide open. It was just a great pass. Plus Mr. Brutal blew 3 sure TD passes to receivers far more open than Nelson was down the right sideline (two of those missed TDs came in a row, not that it mattered at that point). There may have been more but I missed some of the game.

I will say this, it was interesting when they brought up how Chip Kelly decided to get around Sanchez's lack of brains. Has him hurrying the offense up so much so Sanchez's hands are up his center's ass when there are still >15 seconds left on the play clock, therefore Kelly can still talk to his brain-dead QB while they're lined up. Sanchez still is what he is, but it was an interesting way for Kelly to try to get around that by having someone with half a head for the game assessing what the D is showing at the line.

That TD down the sideline he wasn't wide open. It was just a great pass. Plus Mr. Brutal blew 3 sure TD passes to receivers far more open than Nelson was down the right sideline (two of those missed TDs came in a row, not that it mattered at that point). There may have been more but I missed some of the game.

I will say this, it was interesting when they brought up how Chip Kelly decided to get around Sanchez's lack of brains. Has him hurrying the offense up so much so Sanchez's hands are up his center's ass when there are still >15 seconds left on the play clock, therefore Kelly can still talk to his brain-dead QB while they're lined up. Sanchez still is what he is, but it was an interesting way for Kelly to try to get around that by having someone with half a head for the game assessing what the D is showing at the line.

The Eagles at one point late last season (without Sanchez behind center) averaged a league low of snapping the ball at 32.1 seconds into the play clock. That would be just about equal to what you saw yesterday. 

Sanchez was bad yesterday but so was the entire team. They got slapped upside the head before they even knew what hit them.

You're correct that Sanchez is no longer our problem but let's at least stick to the facts as we see how his time in Philly plays out.

• Upvote 1

7 turnovers in 3 and 1/2 games. He's still the same quarterback.

Not all the turnovers have been his fault but you knew that.

• Upvote 1

The difference is--I guess--that he looks better in every other part of the game. He's confident, he's driving the ball downfield, his yards per attempt is way up, etc, but he still makes those 2-3 plays in a game that make you puke.

He's a gunslinger Tom.

Ha ha ha.  I saw the first half the other day.  I was certain that Chip Kelly would have preferred to hand off EVERY play, judging by the first few series of the game.  Chip Kelly!  When Chip Kelly wants to hand off every play, you know something is wrong with the QB.  As far as yardage, I could throw for 200 yards in Chip's offense and I am over 60.

Chip decided to throw the ball 40+ times sport. 

This is as weak as Sperm telling us that Kelly has Sanchez up to the line of scrimmage with 15 seconds to go on the play clock when he has any QB do the same. Then we have thee posters who want to say every turnover has been Sanchez's fault.

He's not an All-Pro but he looks a hell of a lot better than he did under team dysfunction. Let's allow the season to play out before making statements that are not accurate.

First of all, I am not a sport.  Sanchez first drive was almost entirely run.  His second drive  was heavy on run.  i think when Kelly saw that Tennessee tackled like high schoolers and covered like cheerleaders he let him go.  Dallas devours  him next week

Actually he threw the ball 7 times out of the 13 plays on their first two drives....Jack.

Taco played well today

He did. What's he 4-1 now?

Good to see him having success. He will likely always throw the insane INT but what I like about him in Philly is he/they just keep attacking downfield. Rex and company would go into a shell and call three straight runs.

Some nice throws on the run today.

• Upvote 1

here he coudn't beat out geno

let that sink in, lol

He outplayed Geno that pre-season.

The powers that be felt he needed to play behind 4th stringers in the Snoopy Bowl.

So, if the D "no shows" a half, all players are eliminated. But when the QB no shows a half, it's all good?

The easy answer to your question is Revis. If I need to do more, I'll have to go back and look at the games.

Revis?...Seriously dude....did you even watch the games?

I believe the Jets had the best rush defense in the NFL that season. Rashard Mendenhall was a JAG and their best offensive lineman(Pouncey) got hurt on the Steelers first posession. Not wrapping up is a pretty solid indicator they weren't mentally into it. Revis even said they weren't ready to play.

Agree.... clowns trying to blame that loss on your 2nd year QB is nonsense.  He was the Jets offense in the 2nd half.

• Upvote 1

34-49 for 280 yards, 1 td and 2 ints. 

Yep against the best D in the league. He was as expected which is head and shoulders above anything we currently have.

Good to see the Geyno's and Rutgers of the world return during Seattle week although they were curiously quiet during the first half.

Kelly's game plan was a decent one until his defense slowed down some.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company