Sign in to follow this  
jgb

Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

This place is going to be something else if he plays well going forward.

One bounced off his WRs hands, not sure about the other..

Gotcha...I mean from what I saw he looked just like Foles does in that offense.

Gotta think Chip Kelly is a little bit pumped about this. Coaches love nothing more than taking another coach's trash and turning them into players.

Ha. Said it before but Sanchez's game looks like a spitting image of Foles on the field...didnt even notice the difference really. Maclins also good.

He threw another pass right into the arms of a defender, but the guy dropped it. Evoked memories of The Greatest Thread In JetNation History.

QB's throw balls that should be picked off all the time...I think Sanchez has shown in that offense he's capable of putting points on the board and moving the football. He's certainly not Dan Marino but it doesnt seem like the Eagles are overly concerned with having to play Sanchez. Maybe he crashes and burns...but Kelly's too good of a coach for that imo. Sanchez was more a Jets problem than anything. 

As I was watching the games yesterday, I knew it would be quite amusing to see how some of JN's finest would react to one mediocre game from a guy who hadn't done sh*t for the prior 3 years.  Glad to see I wasn't disappointed.

Sanchez played well. The most interesting part of our season now will be watching the Eagles.

• Upvote 1

Should surprise no one.  The main gripe from the so called Sanchez defenders was the teams inability to surround him with proper weapons.  Seems like just about everyone but Jet fans know that young QB's need help. 

You help young QB's by drafting corners and defensive linemen. Everyone knows that.

• Upvote 3

Sanchez taking some subliminals at Rex with Gruden there heh

What'd he say?

He was just talking up Chip in a manner that kind of threw shade at Rex

WHere's Gastineau 99? I've been unimpressed with Benjamins effort the past few weeks.

He has killed my fantasy team for weeks.

Benched him this week...him and Cam have just looked off.

This is like the Steamin Willie Beamon game where the Sharks tanked on purpose to get Beamon out.

Too bad Rex's defense decided not to show up for the title game against the Steelers.

• Upvote 1

He also had a dropped pick the game before, which would have given him 3.  I'm not suggesting he hasn't progressed.  I am suggesting we need to wait a few weeks before assuming he's suddenly a real QB.

Sanchez has always been a real QB...the pump fakes still look silly but he's never looked uncomfortable in the pocket. 2012 shouldn't count against Sanchez. Geno for instance hasn't looked like a real QB this year. Cam Newton didn't look like a real QB last night.

Sanchez is never going to be top 5...but put him in the right situation he'll succeed as a passer.

You stated he's ALWAYS been a real QB.  Except every year (including his 4th season in 2012) he has not been.  So I refuse to acknowledge his "real QBness" based on 2 games.

Then your football acumen is ass.

2009 - 35th in DVOA

2010 - 28th

2011 - 29th

2012 - 35th

It doesn't require any football acumen to acknowledge Sanchez has never been a "real QB".  It just IS.

You don't even know what DVOA is.

Sanchez always had ability, the situation the Jets created from basically 2011 on was unworkable for any QB. It really isn't a surprise he looks like a different player in Philly. You didn't think he was a real QB here because you probably didn't have an understanding of how putrid of an environment this is here for a QB. Geno Smith actually looks worse than Sanchez ever did here. Finding an Aaron Rodgers is virtually impossible, we had a player in Sanchez, with decent enough ability to make it work...as it did, especially in year 2 with decent enough talent.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

It's average value per play.  For 4 years Sanchez was consistently well below the level of a league average QB even when factoring in his circumstances.

We did Sanchez no favors.  Our organization sucks.  Sanchez still can suck in spite of that being the case.  It's not a mutually exclusive conclusion.  A sh*tty organization used a top pick on a sh*tty QB.  Imagine that! 

He's in a better situation now and still threw 2 picks his first outing (and had a 3rd dropped).  His performance last night may well be a sign he's improved.  But he always sucked here.  Of that there is no doubt.  The question is whether he can keep up his current level of play.  My guess is he probably won't and Eagles fans will be glad to have Foles back healthy.

He sucked here to the point of absurdity because of the staff and the overall philosophy of Rex.

DVOA is a cool stat, but like pretty much all football stats its a team stat and outside the very best QB's it fluctuates year to year.

For Sanchez it never fluctuated.  He was consistently near the bottom.  Again, our organization and coaching staff did horribly by him.  But he still sucked. 

Lets see where he finishes this year...

makes you want to puke .... This years WR's group is going to go down as the best in history and the NY ******* Jets decided it was best to start drafting them In the 4th god damn round

it's been an unbelievable class. Evans has been on fire...might take the ROY now. 

the best part is hearing the announcers say the same things every week.  ok, we get it.  the jets ruined him

what they don't mention is the best part of the eagles offense is the o-line and the run game and the YAC

not to take anything away from mark, he played great, but the iggles special teams and run game set him up beautifully

and how hard is it to coach like chip kelly ?  he changes his offense to suit his QB.  we all know mark loves to roll out and he does it all the time for chip.  it's so simple but I don't see it here very much.  

I say the same thing about Popovich. It's about getting players who are coachable. 

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company