Sign in to follow this  
jgb

Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

trust me, guys.....I'm not enjoying this. Sure, you would think that it would be a good feeling, to be proven right after you told the world that Sanchez WAS a very good QB, and a winner, when not one person would listen. But, trust me, being able to see through mass ignorance is an extremely frustrating gift....and in THIS case, it's downright painful.

Damn, I wish I was wrong......but I'm not and Lord knows I tried, but what could I do? smh So now I'm supposed to feel some sort of satisfaction because Mark Sanchez IS going to blow up before all of our suffering eyes....and there will be no where to hide for guys like Ray Lucas and Phil Simms.

Fellow Jet fans, I didn't want this to happen.

Seems a little early for a victory lap, but knock yourself out.

I need 53 points between Sanchez and Kelvin Benjamin tonight. Hoping for a light show.

So the guy who thinks John Idzik is a smart guy, and deserves a chance to bring in his own coach, has Mark Sanchez starting on his fantasy football team?

Seems legit.

• Upvote 1

Is this troll week on the Discovery Channel?

I'm def. in...

I live in the Philly area (in NJ though) most of my friends are Eagles fans...I'll get a whole crew together with Eagles Sanchez Jersey's and signs...

You do recognize that this is a fantasy scenario where he gets your boy Idzik fired, right?

Idzik's gone - I think it's too late to stop that momentum, you media puppets accomplished their goals for them.

With that said, I like the idea of being able to piss off Woody, the Mara's and Giant fans all at the same time.

Lol @ media puppets. Yeah, you got me there.

Anyway, much different feel around the Jets now that they snapped their losing streak. I don't think anything's set in stone.

That's a week-to-week thing right now..barring a major winning streak I think the decisions already been made and expect them both to be gone the Monday after the next loss.

Nah. If they lost to the Steelers, they would've set a new franchise losing streak record. That might've been enough for Woody to do some in season firings, but I suspect both guys are now safe until the end of the year. Especially if the team keeps putting in an effort every week.

If I wasnt moving out of the country in 2 weeks I would seriously apply to be a scout for the Jets. 

Maybe they'd pay me to be an online scout because Im seriously kicking the ass of all of Idzik's scouts.

Where you headed, and why?

My plan is to retire out of the country. Always interested in hearing from anyone else making the move.

I'm FINALLY moving to Germany on the 29th after a half decade of preparation. I have opportunities available to me and my family there that simply isn't here for me in nyc. I want to start having kids, and being a product of the public school system myself I simply can't do that to my future children. From what I see the school system has dipped even further down the toilet bowl than I could have even thought. 

Nonetheless, I got to see the Jets beat the Steelers along with getting some good food from Tailgate Joe's and running into Max and his son before leaving. That wasn't a bad parting of ways gift.

Sounds exciting, man. Good luck to you!

Yeah, the turnovers have obviously been absurd, but he's looked like a significantly better player overall than he ever was here. What's interesting is that Kelly doesn't pull the leash on him after a bad play--he makes Sanchez go out and throw it down the field again. Whether that burns him eventually remains to be seen, and if Sanchez loses them the game on Thanksgiving, he's likely done as a starter from that point on in his career. That said, I've been interested to see if different (better?) coaching could fix even the most flawed QB. I think the answer, right now, is "kinda."

This is what they tried with Sanchez in his third year here. It didn't work out well.

He's older now. Spent a year rehabbing on the sidelines. I always felt that with time he could be a decent QB. Not sure he's there, yet, and not sure that his current level of play is due to awesome coaching, either.

This is all true.

Sanchez doesnt look any different to me. This is the 2010 Sanchez with more weapons and better coaching. Im just trolling those who insist that Sanchez has always been awful.

The people who should be trolled are the ones who always insisted that Sanchez was already and would always be a terrible QB, who are now using a couple decent games under a different coach to condemn the staff here. 

No doubt that the Jets handled Sanchez' development poorly, but there's also little doubt that when a junior QB with 16 starts enters the NFL, he's gonna struggle. It's not entirely surprising that a kid who does have some talent is starting to get it together in his sixth year in the league. And even then, he hasn't exactly shown that he's over his tendency to turn the ball over. Really, he's not even at the level of Nick Foles, yet. This new narrative that the Jets somehow gave up on him prematurely is pretty funny, too. The coaching staff screwed up, the front office office screwed up by giving him that ridiculous extension, and Sanchez himself screwed up by coming out early (although, it obviously got him paid). 

I always liked the kid, and always thought he might eventually be able to get it together. Be a serviceable game manager, anyway. It's a little premature to say he's there yet, however. He's still throwing interceptions and fumbling the football at roughly the same rate he did with the Jets. 

• Upvote 1

Guilty. 

But the difference is 2 fold-Sanchezs havimg swam this 500 yards of drainpipe filled with poop has probably grown up a bunch.

But bigger is he has a coach that only trusts him, asks him to play within himselF and, doesn't scare the daylights out of him about DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER. If you want somebody to fail drill that negative message into them instead of being postive and playing to their strengths. And run plays that play to his ability-rollouts, quick hits to WRs on screens,backs and TEs in the flat, the hurry up and with the backstop of Shady McCoy. If you give defenses time to set by taking the proverbial full playclock like Schitty, you are hurting Sanchez. It's an odd thing but he has always been more effecitve in the hurry up. But that compromised the Jets' CS's ability to call some complicated play from the back of the book.

Watched Sanchez with Philly and notice he hasn't wasted a timeout yet nor had some dumb sub ruin a set.

The difference is coaching.

Chip Kelly is winning with Andy Reid's team. 

The bold is exactly what Bill Parcells did with Vinny Testaverde to positive results. But it's all about the results. I've said many times, and again in the post you quoted, that the Jets screwed up Sanchez's development. Schottenheimer was terrible and Sporano was worse. But him not improving is still a chicken and egg argument, IMHO. It's not shocking that he's producing more in his sixth year in a wide open offense, just as it's not shocking that he's still throwing interceptions at virtually the same rate. 

• Upvote 1

I know the Ilk Agenda Squad is rushing to the front of the line to announce that it's all about coaching, and Rex is just as awful as they had said in every thread ever on JN, but frankly, Sanchez is very much the same QB he was with the Jets. His career interception rate is 3.7%, and he's throwing them at the rate of 3.4% with the Eagles. He's fumbled the ball 6 times in 5 games over there (while Foles had fumbled 4 times in 8 games). He's the same turnover prone guy that he always was. 

The real difference probably supports the It's Da Wepinz crowd even better. Sanchez is still throwing it to the other team at the same rate, still dropping it on the ground just as often, but when he's throwing it to his teammates, he's throwing it to much better players than he ever has before. He's throwing to guys who not only can catch, and they can do something with it after the catch. He's not only enjoying his highest completion percentage this year, but he's also enjoying his highest yards per completion. At the 12 game mark, he already has a 1000 yard rusher and a 1000 yard receiver at his disposal. Maclin, Mathews, Cooper, Ertz, McCoy, and Sproles. He never had anything like that here, and it's no surprise that having that kind of talent has elevated his play.

Sanchez supporters here used to point to Eli Manning as a potential ceiling for the guy. Maybe that's turning out to be true. He's productive with talent around him, but he's still turning it over way too much. Are the Eagles good enough to overcome those turnovers and win a Super Bowl with Mark Sanchez? That sounds like crazy talk when I type it here, lol, but I guess we'll see.

Big test next week. The offensive genius coaching staff has extra time to prepare for that Seattle defense that looks to've found it's footing the last couple weeks. I hope it's a national game. 

Really surprised the Philly papers aren't going all-in on Sanchez today. They're all killing Kelly instead.

Because, as you know, bad QB play is all the head coach's fault.

so is Chip Kelly still a king maker?

Kelly's offense was QB-proof, until he met Mark Sanchez.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company