Sign in to follow this  
jgb

Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

@AdamSchefter: Eagles QB Nick Foles broke collarbone, as @TheRealDGunnCSN reported, and is sidelined indefinitely. Aaron Rodgers missed 7 games last year.

your thoughts on B Kelly thowing Golson under the bus after the game. Not sure Y a top recruit would want to play for this clown.

Yeah. I'm not sure Kelly gets it. He never takes blame himself and his defense, though without their best player, hasn't been good either.

Mark Sanchez has as many wins this season as the Jets do as a team.

He went to Geno's to get a cheesesteak too. Because of course he did.

• Upvote 4

You know in a close game against a good team he sh*ts the bed.

He hasn't had a close game to date.

That's just simply untrue. 4 road playoff wins say differently.

I'm talking recent memory.

Can't argue he has regressed.

Recent memory where he has more wins himself this season than the Jets do?

Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith will both be successful QB's post Jets career.

Geno is terrible no matter what system. He's just not good.

Sucky

1 for 9 on 3rd down.

Eagles have ZERO chance in postseason with Buttfumble behind center

And the Jets have two wins. Cool story bro.

Has zero to do with the Jets.

Fact...Mark Sanchez SUCKS no matter how much you love him

INDISPUTABLE FACT

Takes a big person to revel in the failure of others. I'm sure your parents are proud.

• Upvote 1

True courage is defending a terrible player against all available evidence, then continuing to defend him even when he plays for another team.

If you have something to say about me, you might as well quote me, courage boy.

Lol. It's sports.

Sure. And the team we cheer for is terrible. Trying to make yourself feel better because a former player is having a tough game against a tough defense is pathetic.

• Upvote 1

True courage is defending a terrible player against all available evidence, then continuing to defend him even when he plays for another team.

Thanks. I just don't see the point of trying to drag others down because your team is terrible. Cutting off your nose to spite your face kind of thing.

So I take it you don't actually know what that means, huh?

I wouldn't use a phrase I didn't understand. So. Yeah. I know what it means.

This is a fairly Jet-esque performance, Shane. Under 200 yds, INT, running game doing the heavy lifting.....You have plenty of other things to hang your hat on in the Rex-ruined-everything argument. Sanchez doesn't need to be your key guy.

They have 67 yards rushing. How is that the heavy lifting?

Sanchez is the king of red zone picks. Those 3 TD's are huge.

They all came within the 2 or 3 yard line. Not that hard to punch it in with that stable of backs.

True. I wonder why Sanchez's stat-line doesn't look much better than it did as a Jet with all the weapons he has? So weird.

That fumble is his fault too?

Takes a big person to revel in the failure of others. I'm sure your parents are proud.

Please show me where I am reveling in Geno Smith's failures. Your post is clownish. I'd like to think you're better than that.

Not helping. Mark Sanchez was a top 5 pick. Geno was a 2nd rounder. Mark Sanchez set this franchise back 5 years because we gave him a costly contract extension. We can, and will, move on from Geno much quicker with very little financial burden.

True. Very true. The failure of the contract extension and the failure of continuing to provide a reasonable surrounding talent is not on Mark Sanchez. We see what he is with good coaching and solid talent. A guy who can help a team win games but cannot win games for a team. Could Geno be that too on a different team? Maybe, maybe not but it's not going to be discovered in New York.

He's also a guy who can actively lose games for many teams. Let us not forget that one.

True. And that can be said of any QB if they have a rough day. Sanchez has more rough days than most, but if we're taking 32 NFL teams and going through 32 starting QBs, you're telling me he won't be one of them? Have you seen the guys starting for some of these teams? Have you seen the dogpoo that we trot out on a weekly basis?

Sanchez wouldn't be doing any better than Geno Smith for the Jets because the talent level is so low. That I will concede, but you all act like he is the worst QB in pro football and he hooked up with your girlfriend.

It would be nice to have a civil discussion of Sanchez on his own terms, without sad little people trying to drag Geno down into the mud with them.

So you can't compare and contrast the careers of the current Jets QB and the former Jets QB? It's inevitable in a civil discussion of a player for him to be put up against his successor to see if things have improved at the position or not. That's just simple logic.

And yet his record as a starter is technically better with the Jets than with the Eagles. The Eagles didn't have to deal with him as a rookie with 16 college starts since graduating HS, and have this requisite superior talent around the QB as well as superior coaching on offense.

Truth is Sanchez's failure is not ultimately satisfying. Rather, it confirms the past claim by many of us that we could have had a winner here with a real asset at the position instead of this turd.

I don't disagree with any of that. If the Jets had brought in a real QB instead of Mark Sanchez, things probably turn out very differently. That said, there are many on this very board who find his failure elsewhere satisfying. I don't begrudge Mark for not being capable of being the next Peyton Manning or Brett Favre. I begrudge the front office for paying him like he was but letting the talent that propped him up fall out from beneath him like a house of cards. Mark wasn't great, but he wasn't the worst QB in my Jet fan tenure either.

surprised jets didnt give favre a bobby bonilla contract.

Favre never wanted to be a Jet. That was obvious.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company