Sign in to follow this  
jgb

Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

The dumb on this board and the hate for Sanchez reaches new levels ... Are you Clowns even watching the game ?

I suppose it's not dumb to declare vindication after one game when spotted 5 turnovers?

Can't blame Sanchez on that....McCoy 's fault

If we follow the logic of our Sanchize Tenure, you not only can't blame him for that, but now that it's happened, nothing that has come before, or after in this game.

That drive was totally unfamiliar.

• Upvote 1

concerned about Sanchez's body language

Isn't it nice when we get along?

where are all the Sanchez haters ??

Interesting, all the football QB know it all's are no shows in this thread.  

Smash, don't you think we should slow down just a little? One good game against a secondary that is just as bad as ours doesn't make for Itoldyouso yet. This thing may boomerang back on you.

MiJMBKI.gif

• Upvote 4

Well, I for one am totally shocked that Mark's errors are magnified when he has to play from behind. SHOCKED!  Kelly's magic must be taking the day off.

It's like these guys expect him to succeed without the defense getting him 5 turnovers.

• Upvote 2

never declared vindication and if you read my posts which I know you did you would know that. Sanchez just threw a pick six I guess that's the end of his career throw him to the curb :) .

The Eagles got their asses handed to them today, it happens

where are all the Sanchez haters ??

Interesting, all the football QB know it all's are no shows in this thread.  

Um...

Also, just as I'm quoting this, that may have been a worse pick than we've seen in a Jets Uniform.

• Upvote 1

He sucks today because he has to go toe to toe against a real QB.

Nothing has changed.

Not getting 5 turnovers contributed.

• Upvote 2

Eagerly awaiting an effort to redefine the word vindication.

• Upvote 1

Where is jgb?

The intervention worked?

• Upvote 4

"Mark Sanchez, the last two throws, has just been wildly off target"

Familiar.

• Upvote 1

I'm disappointed in jgb. I'm not sure why I expected more from him.

Where's SAR? I hope his Gulfstream didn't go down somewhere in the Atlantic...

• Upvote 1

Sanchez is averaging an interception every 24.7 pass attempts. Only four NFL quarterbacks are throwing interceptions at a higher rate this year — Geno Smith (23.3), Josh McCown (22.8), Kirk Cousins (22.7) and Blake Bortles (20.3). And all but Bortles have been benched.

Once again, people doing the impossible and making SAR the sympathetic figure. So sad.

• Upvote 1

I remember a poster named EY from Jets Insider, a closed and defeated discussion forum. That you?

SAR I

Yes sir. We were cool back in the day. Lots of laughs before the place turned. That said. I've kind of removed my name from the equation. If you'd do the same, I'd be grateful.

Once in the playoffs, Mark Sanchez is money.

And as we clearly now know, the Philadelphia Eagles are making the playoffs.

SAR I

I guess AFC championship games don't count as "playoffs?"

*Not that those were the only games in which he wouldn't be considered "money".

Sanchez played well in those two AFCCGs.

Rex's D sh*t the bed in both games

Half of this is partially true.

So Sanchez having 4 TDs and 1 INT in 2 AFCCGs is crap

If that's your take away from those two games, then there's really no point.

I guess there isnt because I'm trying to figure out on what basis are you claiming that Sanchez played poorly in either game. It cant be TDs, it cant be INTs, it cant be completion percentage, it can't be that he moved the offense.

Tell me what made either performance poor.

Mostly that he was under 20 points in both games.  That those TDs in Pittsburgh came when the game was essentially out of reach.  That he fumbled for a TD in that game, which you ignored in your complex statistical analysis.  That he was entirely ineffective in the 1st half of Pittsburgh and in the 2nd half vs. Indy.  If you took his first half against the Colts and his 2nd half of the Steelers (if you pretend that the Steelers didn't let up when up 24-3 and just try to hold on), you MIGHT have a QB performance good enough to win one of those games.

You can pull a box score and say Mark wasn't horrendous, but a cursory watching of the games would argue otherwise.  That at absolute best, he played decently for one half of each of the games.  At best.

We asked a lot of the D in those years.  They "let us down," but asking them to hold both teams under 20 points is pretty unrealistic, especially when you're not moving the ball for an entire half in both games.

I'm guessing you didn't read the board after we lost to the Steelers.....

Seriously... The best you heard about Mark after the Steelers game was that 'maybe because it's only his 2nd year, he can improve'.  Most of the criticisms were drowned out by the "team was unprepared" nonsense.

What you ignored in the Colts game is that Sanchez gave the Jets a lead, Rex's defense gave up a late TD in the 1st half (which was a precursor to things to come over the next 5 years for a Rex D), then Shaun Greene got hurt early in the second half, Thomas Jones was completely ineffective thereafter and Sanchez could not keep up with Peyton scoring at will against Rex's D.

As to the Steelers game, you completely ignored the fact that the Steelers ran all over the Jets to start the game and controlled the time of possession in the first half building a lead.  Then Schitty calls an empty backfield against the best defense in the NFL and DBrick gets turnstiled which leads to the Sanchez sack and fumble.  However, Sanchez brought the team back in the second half.  To claim that his TDs were when the game was "out of reach" is preposterous.  The Jets immediately came back in that game and were in 5 points with a chance to win the game if Rex's D could get the ball back.  Of course, Rex's D failed on the biggest drive of Rex's career and the rest is history.

Sanchez did give the Jets a lead.  Unfortunately, against Peyton Manning, you need to do more than get a lead early on.  You have to score, you have to get first downs, you can't just sit back and hope that the best ever does nothing because you're up by 11 with 32 minutes to play.  When you say, "could not keep up with Peyton," I assume that's your way of downplaying, "did nothing."  Because, not only didn't he keep up, but he did nothing.  Nothing at all.  The running game was shut down, you're right.  So, that means it's okay for your QB to do nothing once that happens?  That it's a good performance because, you know, he had a lead with 32 minutes to play?

The Steelers did run all over the Jets.  That is a fact.  And yet, despite that fact, the Jets had 5 drives in the first half.  3 of them were 3 and outs, the other two were 7 plays each... 1 was a FG, one was a punt.  While the Steelers did their job controlling the TOP by running successfully, the Jets didn't do their job by going 3 and out on the majority of their drives, and little else on the other two.  Point being, Sanchez and the offense played a huge roll in the TOP issue.  And the Sack/Fumble is now on Schotty and D'Brick?  Because, Sanchez is usually renowned for his ability to protect the football, so it only makes sense it would have to be someone else's fault he fumbled.  And yes, the Jets were in a position to win.  Largely, of course, thanks to Rex's defense in the 2nd half, who pitched a shut-out.  But, needing to stop the other team, then turn around a score a touchdown is not the gimme you're making it out to be.

Fact is, you grade Sanchez on a huge curve.  You always have.  As soon as something doesn't go well for the Jets, you throw out the rest.  That's exactly how you've evaluated those games.  An average QB performance and there easily could have been a different outcome.

Mark Sanchez was the best Jet on the field in both AFC Championship Games.

SAR I

Hardly.

Provide names.

2009: Mark had a blazing first half, staking us to a shocking lead. Defense crumbled second half, cost us a Super Bowl appearance, can't be any of them. Offense the running game collapsed in the second half. So that leaves Mark as the best Jet in the AFC Championship Game.

2010: Defense didn't get off the bus, staked the Steelers to 17 first half points, no one did anything, can't be any of them. Running game went nowhere, the OL let Mark get hit all day including a blindside fumble TD. No WR or TE distinguished himself, Mark Sanchez led a comeback that almost worked like the other 5 he had previously that season. Leaves Mark as the best Jet in the AFC Championship Game.

Provide players that you think performed better.

SAR I

So, if the D "no shows" a half, all players are eliminated. But when the QB no shows a half, it's all good?

The easy answer to your question is Revis. If I need to do more, I'll have to go back and look at the games.

Revis played like sh*t in both games. Most blatant in Steeler game when he dropped an interception which wouldve changed the complexity of the game.

Ultimately, it doesnt matter because the narrative is still being written about Sanchez. If he plays well this postseason, no one will believe your take on the AFCCGs.

People who don't grade him on a curve will accept reality. You'll do whatever you want.

i hate to jump into this fray , but with all due respect if the argument is that a first ballot hall of famer was the only jet better than Sanchez in those games then it still bodes pretty well for Mark.

Without looking at stats or anything of that nature.

The overarching point... Sanchez showed up for two halves in 2 games. That is not good.

Revis played fine in both title games...but with how the Pats are using him now...we would have been better served giving safety help on Wayne/Wallace and matching Revis up on Collie and Brown. More notably Collie...we had that Colts game if it weren't for that terrible drive to end the half. All she wrote after that.

They weren't ready to play during the first half of the Steeler game, most notably the front 7. A ten minute drive to start a title game resulting in a TD, that's tough to come back from.

Especially when you punt followed by 3 consecutive 3 and outs.

The team wasn't ready to play at Pittsburgh for whatever reason.

I think maybe Pitt was just better and a bad match up. I hate the "unprepared" narrative.

10 minute drive to start a game of that magnitude indicates they weren't ready to play....we were getting blown off the ball and weren't tackling.

So, not possible that that drive happened because Pitt was just better?

Agree.... clowns trying to blame that loss on your 2nd year QB is nonsense. He was the Jets offense in the 2nd half.

Is anyone actually doing that?

This is definitely Smashmouth... Unless it's Pac.

yes// for years on this very forum

Hmmm... Here I was just told that saying Sanchez didn't play well in that game is revisionist history.  You should take that up with SMC.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company