Sign in to follow this  
jgb

Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

It was only a matter of time. Please remember just how horrible he was for four straight years, that wasn't by accident, he's not good at football.

sorry but the Jets are not good at coaching football or getting talent for their QB's to be successful

Lol okay man. Sanchez was bound for a perennial all-pro type career until he was sabotaged by the god damned jets. 

SAR and Smashmouth still think he was good. I think that's enough to validate the original assessment for the rest of us.

I can't remember the last time I was indifferent about a Jets' loss prior to thanksgiving, but I refuse to watch another season with Vick, Geno or some other washed-up, no-future veteran as our QB.  

I think the point here is that a good coach can make an average QB look good. i.e. Harbaugh w/smith, Chip w/Sanchez.

bottom line: we need a good coach

Your premise is reliant upon having an average QB, which Sanchez, even on his best days, barely was.

yeah why don't you just put the Idiot dramatics on hold . Never said he was heading for any pro bowl just stating the obvious since every QB that seems to suit up for this horrid offense have the exact same problems.

Sanchez, Geno, Vick, McElroy and Simms... Hard to imagine how we haven't gotten better production out of that group.

I miss Mark Sanchez and Brian Schoteenheimer

Absurd places if 45 years and counting isn't enough then where you been under a rock

Sanchez leads the Eagles to the Super Bowl WOW

JW12, brings it every time.

FTR, I've always said that Sanchez would be starting in the league somewhere when he was 30 or so. Dude was immature and was in possibly the worst environment in the league for his personality type. If Kelly got him to take the game seriously and to understand the nuances of the position, while not asking him to be a Drew Brees-type analytical thinker, he's going to look good.

By good you mean, flashes enough to make you think he could be the answer, but then proceeds to throw two crippling INTs directly to the opposing team that makes you throw the remote at the tv?  I think Kelly and the Eagles are talented enough to make up for Mark's errors in order to get to the playoffs, but when he has to win a game by himself or the offense doesn't bail him out, I don't think it's gonna happen. He's not that kind of guy.  

Yet Rex Ryan and the Jets were not able to do it as they they "nurtured" Sanchez? What does that tell you?

Sanchez actually regressed under Ryan. 

Everyone said "give Rex at least a good quarterback". That is what he does to them.

They got to the playoffs twice with Mark and failed, exactly as I just predicted he would with Kelly and the Eagles. How is this any different? I don't suspect Chip and Philly will give him four years, but I wouldn't be surprised if the outcome was extremely similar. 

Mark regressed because he was given more responsibility as the team worsened, not some black magic voodoo by Rex.  I'm not absolving Rex, I'm just calling a spade a spade, Sanchez isn't a good quarterback.

When Sanchez is playing from behind and is under pressure, that's when we'll know if he's turned the corner or not. Masochists, all of you. 

This proves nothing. We won't really know if SANCHEZ turned a corner until he brings a team from behind. In the Super Bowl. In the rain. Down 30. With a minute left. In 20 below weather. Against the 85 Bears. Throwing to Stephen Hill. Left handed.

The dude is 10 for 21, please tell me what we're seeing right now that's any different than what he did in NY?  He just threw it directly to the opposing defense and then dirted it on a miscommunication.  He always showed flashes here, but never was consistent, that's his MO.  My point was, until there's actual pressure on him to do more than just game manage, I'm not buying into the OMGZ Sanchez is totally reinventing himself.  

How many were dropped?

There are like 6 drops

We're going with that argument now?  How about the pass he threw directly to the opposing team that wasn't reeled in? We gonna count that too?  There's a difference between a dropped pass and one deflected because his WR was well-covered.  He's the same guy that I saw in New York; extremely talented, but still makes some extremely poor decisions.  I have no horse in this race, I never disliked the guy, just don't think he's good at football, nor do I think he ever will be.  

Are you the same guy who complains about getting a blow job after the chick misses a couple of drops?

How is she going to learn without a little constructive criticism?  You let that bush league blowjob slide the first time and that's how you wind up with a lifetime of sad, depressing bjs.

• Upvote 2

Do you think the melba toast industry is ****ed by 2040? Figure once everyone who is currently 60 and up is dead, that cuisine is done for. 

They'll convince elitists they need it to put their cheese on, last another generation. If I've learned anything in my time, it's that the Melba toast industry is not only crafty, but cut-throat. 

• Upvote 1

If Sanchez continues to play well and cuts down on his nonsensical turnovers, as a Jets' fan, the only person I'll be angry with is him.  Did he really need to be injured and shipped off to another team for the better part of two years to understand that he shouldn't throw it to the opposing team?  There's nothing about having better receivers or better tutelage that suddenly makes you realize you shouldn't throw into triple coverage or directly to the oncoming defensive end.

Did Chip somehow rework all of Mark's mechanics to stop him from overthrowing, underthrowing and throwing late to his receivers? Disregarding the whole terrible environment/Jets can't develop QBs debate, the two biggest things holding Mark back from succeeding here was his accuracy and decision making, which lead to an unacceptable amount of turnovers.  In his four years as a starting QB for the Jets his completion percentage never sniffed 60% (56.7% was his highest in his third year in the league) and while some of that can be on our receivers, his accuracy was always a major problem. He was pretty pinpoint last night and if that continues to be a trend, good for him, he's always had the talent. He coughed the ball up twice in his first game and while almost INTs don't count, he had zero last night.  If he can continue to not turn the ball over, then again, good for him and the Eagles (actually no, f*ck the eagles, I hate everything about that city).  

Mark has always had the talent, but if he's corrected his stupid decision making errors, than I would imagine that's more on him keeping himself in check after having his job in limbo the last two years.  Sometimes a guy needs a change of scenery or wake-up call to put it all together and if he's truly corrected these flaws,  I believe it's more on him than Kelly being some sort of wunderkind QB-whisperer.  

• Upvote 1

The Packers have the sixth best pass defense (by QB rating). If Sanchez has a big game there, the entirety of Jets fandom will finally implode. God, I love chaos.

It will be interesting to see Mark in a shootout, because with Rodgers and that offense being white-hot, the eagles are going to need to put up major points to stay in the game.  I for one hope they do, because I've got Jordyz on my fantasy team and it's killing me that they're benching their starters for half a game sometimes because Rodgers is too stupid good.

Yeah ok

I get it, you hate Rex and blame him for everything that's wrong with this team and while he didn't do anything to nurture that talent, I don't think Mark's failures were unanimously on his shoulders. Mark's biggest problems were inaccuracy and decision making, what has Chip done in the last 6 months or so that's suddenly corrected this?  He's got time in the pocket and better receivers, but if his decision making has somehow improved, that's on his maturation, not Chip's voodoo magic.  It'd be nice if the kid played well, he's one of the few guys you don't mind young athletes striving to be like, I'm just a bit skeptical as we've been down this road before.

Slot was wide open but he locked in on his outside dude. Too funny.

Nah, Kelly fixed that, this is the new Mark Sanchez we're talking about.  Green probably had 13 guys on the field. 

Saw Interstellar in IMAX last night, loved it.  Granted Nolan took some liberties, self-admittedly, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.  It's movies like that where you really enjoy going to the theater again.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm excited to see the future come back player of the year put the team on his back and make this a game in the second half.

• Upvote 3

They're watching the stats come through their GameBoys probably

Ever think you'd live to see the day where you throw your towel in with Smash?

Well, I for one am totally shocked that Mark's errors are magnified when he has to play from behind. SHOCKED!  Kelly's magic must be taking the day off.

• Upvote 1

The real loser here is everyone who has Nelson on their fantasy team. The amount of points this guy loses on a weekly basis because other teams can't stay competitive is really hamstringing my fantasy roster. 

When Sanchez is playing from behind and is under pressure, that's when we'll know if he's turned the corner or not. Masochists, all of you. 

always need more evidence. you'll never admit rex screwed the pooch with sanchez. if he does poorly you will say "see!" if he does well it's the situation/weapons/climate/latitude/phase of the moon.

This proves nothing. We won't really know if SANCHEZ turned a corner until he brings a team from behind. In the Super Bowl. In the rain. Down 30. With a minute left. In 20 below weather. Against the 85 Bears. Throwing to Stephen Hill. Left handed.

fred-rogers-middle-finger.gif

This was my feelings on Sanchez I wrote that other stuff in response to haters who came in here and made no sense or didn't show up at all. But as soon as a pick 6 is thrown in a game that was already a blowout out they come from the cracks. 

Please, you were yanking your chain the second he threw his first touch down and making sure to let everyone know how much you knew about football and evaluating QB talent. There are no haters, just people who knew he sucked and knows that he still sucks. 

• Upvote 3

Sorry but that's bullsh*t ... I made it very clear that this would take time. You were still trying to claim he didn't play well in his first 2 games which is the only ridiculous part of the argument. How do you yank your own chain and wtf does that even mean ?

Don't backtrack, it's not very becoming. 

Nah Denver Just played against a good defense and that's where Peyton sh*ts the bed damn near every time

Too bad Elway didn't sign Sanchez instead. Now they're just stuck with Peyton.

Mark Sanchez is really Chip Kellying this offense to the tune of 66 yards through 2.5 quarters. Dynooomiteee.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company