Sign in to follow this  
jgb

Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

Sanchez just threw the ball to a wide open Houston LB.

The LB dropped it.

That takes a special skill.

In all seriousness, you know who Sanchez looks like right now? Like he did in 2010 against the Texans when Rex's defense blew the lead in the last 2 minutes and Sanchez had to win the game with no time outs.

A coach's job is to nurture and develop talent.

When Sanchez is playing from behind and is under pressure, that's when we'll know if he's turned the corner or not. Masochists, all of you.

You can say that about a lot of QBs

The dude is 10 for 21, please tell me what we're seeing right now that's any different than what he did in NY?  He just threw it directly to the opposing defense and then dirted it on a miscommunication.  He always showed flashes here, but never was consistent, that's his MO.  My point was, until there's actual pressure on him to do more than just game manage, I'm not buying into the OMGZ Sanchez is totally reinventing himself.

There are like 6 drops
  • Upvote 1

I'm confident that a Mark Sanchez-Eagles playoff run would be the best Jets thing ever.

Sanchez has a chance to break the road playoff victory record

We're going with that argument now?  How about the pass he threw directly to the opposing team that wasn't reeled in? We gonna count that too?  There's a difference between a dropped pass and one deflected because his WR was well-covered.  He's the same guy that I saw in New York; extremely talented, but still makes some extremely poor decisions.  I have no horse in this race, I never disliked the guy, just don't think he's good at football, nor do I think he ever will be.

Sanchez is a gunslinger

Sanchez got the Eagles really motivated with a pregame speech.

Is Rex unemployed at this point?

That game will be after Black Monday

Now Sanchez finally gets to start a playoff game at home!

he supported sanchez like noose supports a neck

LOL

What did Rex Ryan do to hurt Sanchez? And to be clear, I HATE Rex Ryan.

Plex and Mason were 100% Rex's call.  He even admitted that.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, at this point I don't even care who gets the credit/blame; just so long as that imbecile Rex is out the door by season's end, I'll be content.

And frankly, I don't think we'll have any trouble bringing aboard a credible GM, provided we allow them the ability to pick their own front office and HC. Keep in mind Idzik was a last-choice desperation candidate to begin with, since everyone else refused the job with Rex attached, so it's not like we're casting out a young Ron Wolf here (speaking of whom, his son is currently director of personnel for the Packers - would be an attractive candidate IMO).

Woody has owned the team for 15 yrs and has only hired 1st timer GMs and HCs.  This time he needs to go with a veteran GM and HC, someone who has proved to be successful in the NFL.

Remember on draft day how Sanchez was ecstatic to be a Jet? He loved being on this team.

He should've been here 15 years and name retired in ring of honor.

What the Jets FO, Rex and coaching staff did to that kid was criminally negligent.

• Upvote 2

"He's a baller,'' rookie wide receiver Jordan Matthews, who had career highs of seven receptions, 138 yards and two touchdowns, said. "Like I said, he's a franchise quarterback.''

Thursday 7:30 PM

Dallas 47 Eagles 17

Tony Romo

Dallas

Romo 4 TD passes 375 yards

2 Defensive TD'S ..pick sixes

Eagles

Mark Suckchez

O TD 3 INT 2 Pick Sixes 2 Fumbles lost

87 yds

Removed after first half

Matt Barkley

2 TDS 0 INT...178 yds

After game

Chip Kelly names Barkley the starter for the remainder of the season

Mark Suckchez shrugs and issues Hangdog look

Spot on prediction.

INTs are overrated. All QBs throw them.

Mark just turned 28 this month. He can play another 10 years in this league. But,yeah, it made sense for Jets to part ways.

Love that he's playing. ******* delighted for him.

I know it's cool to hate on the failures here but Mark genuinely struck me as a great guy. From every interview he done I always came away impressed, that Aiden Binkley story was heartbreaking but uplifting at the same time. Guy deserved a break and went through a lot of sh*t here. I actually wish we'd have got to see him last season when he actually was in a very uncertain position. Not saying he would have lit it up but it would have been something different.

Sanchez is a genuinely good person. Thats why it was laughable when someone posted here saying he was a phoney in interviews. He always defended the team and never threw anyone under the buss. He was great to fans and did a lot of charitable work.

He also loved being a Jet. He was the best thing to happen to the Jets since Parcells, but Rex and FO had no clue how to develop a QB and the fans turned on him.

• Upvote 2

Oh,and Sanchez plays his best in big games, and this was a big game. But, yeah, Jets didn't need that.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

I say the same thing about Popovich. It's about getting players who are coachable.

And Sanchez is coachable.

We can only speculate what a competent offensive coach could've done for Sanchez since day one.

• Upvote 2

Mmmm think a few missed Sanchez's previous game where he sucked balls. A lot if what you see is all Chip Kelly, the guys been a Revelation.

Sanchez still sucks, Philly are even talking about canning Nick Foles, if we had a QB that throw seven TD's in one game, we'd build a freaking statue. If Kelly had a real Q.B it would be scary.

Foles isnt playing again for the Eagles this season.
  • Upvote 2

That Dallas game was the make or break moment for Sanchez's Eagles career. If he sh*t the bed, you'd start hearing how magically healthy Foles was getting. The fact that Sanchez made it through fairly well probably cements him as a the starter for the rest of the season.

Exactly. Did you notice that after the game there were reports that Foles will take longer to come back than originally forecast?

It cant be underestimated that Chip has known Sanchez since high school. They have the connection. Foles isnt a Chip guy, Sanchez is.

• Upvote 2

Ok you're right.  Chip Kelly could make Kellen Clemens look good.

But isn't that what a HC is supposed to do?

Shouldn't a HC be judged by whether he maximizes the talent on the roster, including the most important position--QB?

• Upvote 2

Kelly runs an incredibly qb-friendly system.  Spread offense that is basically no-huddle 90% of the time and actually is able to run sweeps effectively.  I'm happy Sanchez is resurrecting his career but if it wasn't for that system he'd still be buttfumbling.

I agree with the first part about Kelly but not about the kast part with Sanchez.

Sanchez played under Schitty and Sparano in the least QB-friendly systems the NFL has seen in 20yrs. So to think Sanchez would be buttfumbling under any competent OC is highly suspect.

• Upvote 1

A good HC should be affable in press conferences and get the team to try really really really hard. Because the job is really just a glorified cheerleader.

BOOM

Oh stop it. It's not like anyone has overreacted to an outlier game by Sanchez before. Not on this forum. Ever. Between 2009 and 2012. Never happened.

Sanchez has had 2 "outlier" games out of 5 this season, the other against the Panthers.  Before the season's over, he'll likely have more "outlier" games.

Why are you using quotation marks?

Because if Sanchez has more good games down the stretch then the outliers won't be outliers now would they?

Yes. They would. That's how the aggregate works.

This is why I went into law to avoid math.

Dumb this down for me using test grades. If a student has 4 As and 4 Cs, there are no outliers, right? Even if that student gets 3 As and 5 Cs there are no outliers. However, if the student has 1 A and 7 Cs, then the A is the outlier.

Sanchez has 2 A games in 5. If his good games equal his not good games then the good games cant be called outliers, right?

I'm still try to figure out what exactly about this performance should have even slightly changed anyone's previous opinions in either direction.

What did this tell us? Mark Sanchez appears to be an inconsistent performer who has some very good games, and other very bad games... welcome to 2009 everyone.

This is all true.

Sanchez doesnt look any different to me. This is the 2010 Sanchez with more weapons and better coaching. Im just trolling those who insist that Sanchez has always been awful.

I guess AFC championship games don't count as "playoffs?"

*Not that those were the only games in which he wouldn't be considered "money".

Sanchez played well in those two AFCCGs.

Rex's D sh*t the bed in both games

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

If putting up Paul Hackett numbers in Chip Kelly's offense is the top of the curve, who really gives a sh*t?

And was Foles also putting up Hackett numbers this year with his worse yards per average, completion percentage, and TD to INT ratio than Sanchez?

Half of this is partially true.

So Sanchez having 4 TDs and 1 INT in 2 AFCCGs is crap

Did you watch a different game?  

Need a complete effort by the entire team to win those games.

Where did this notion come from that Sanchez played poorly in the AFC title games come from because that wasnt said on JN after either game.

Or perhaps it was revisionist history created after 2011-12 when things went bad.

• Upvote 2

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company