Sign in to follow this  
jgb

Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

Remember when Sanchez was a big fag for not taking that lucrative St Louis offer?

Foles broken collarbone....wow

Gotta think Chip Kelly is a little bit pumped about this. Coaches love nothing more than taking another coach's trash and turning them into players.

We are having 1 of the worst seasons I can see that happening to ice the cake on 2014 season

And you know the only thing in this world that I truly love is chaos.

• Upvote 2

If Sanchez finishes this season with a QB rating over 90, Rex won't be able to get a job coaching eight-man high school football in Reykjavik.

Face it-If Mark Sanchez proves to be "mediocre" talent at worst in this league, it leaves a bit of egg on the Jets face. It would point to coaching more than anything else, and particularly decisions to yoyo Sanchez back and forth one year with Tebow and to put Sanchez in harm's way in a meaningless pre-season game.

There was good and bad with Sanchez, and more bad, I understand. But the Jets did him no favors either, and it was not the best career building program they nurtured him under.

Again, if he succeeds this year, even in a short stretch, it is not a glowing endorsement of how the Jets handled him.

It's beyond discussion that Sanchez was mishandled here. What remains to be seen is how much was wasted by mishandling Mark Sanchez.

• Upvote 1

I put in a waiver claim for fantasy. Him putting up pro bowl numbers the rest of the year would be such a Jets thing to happen.

Me too! Considering dropping Andy Dalton for him.

Should surprise no one. The main gripe from the so called Sanchez defenders was the teams inability to surround him with proper weapons. Seems like just about everyone but Jet fans know that young QB's need help.

I'm with you, homey.

While we dont agree on this idea that just because Rex is awful at his job it means Idzik can't be also. We can both agree watching Rex supporters explain away Sanchez looking like a capable NFL starter might be the second half highlight of this otherwise dismal season.

It might be a top three highlight of my life.

FTR, I've always said that Sanchez would be starting in the league somewhere when he was 30 or so. Dude was immature and was in possibly the worst environment in the league for his personality type. If Kelly got him to take the game seriously and to understand the nuances of the position, while not asking him to be a Drew Brees-type analytical thinker, he's going to look good.

I hope Sanchez succeeds just to watch this fanbase eat itself.

Yeah, baby.

I hope he does well. I'd love to know if it was Rex or Tanny that dumped all of his targets in one off-season aside from Holmes. That's what sent him in a downward spiral IMO.

Cotchery was let go because he was coming off a knee injury and wanted a big contract. Braylon was let go because he was straight up insane and you couldn't trust him with a contract. Where Rex comes into play was in bringing in two of the biggest thug-turds in the history of the league to join Santonio Holmes, who was similarly a scumbag. This was during a period where Shaun Ellis, Tony Richardson, Thomas Jones, Brad Smith, etc--everyone on the roster you'd describe as a veteran leader--was leaving the team. Rex killed himself by filling that leadership void with swaggerific douchebags who destroyed the locker room.

• Upvote 2

I'm not a reborn Sanchez apologist by any stretch and I don't suddenly believe that he is going to turn into Josh McCown or Kyle Orton. However, I do see his being let go as a massive indictment on Idzik because there really was no reason.

We had a player who was going to be coming into his fifth year in the league, by all stretches should have been working towards his prime- so after having healed for a year on the bench, he was sent packing in favor of an unproven, second rounder with a shaky college resumè and, honestly, less of a college pedigree than Sanchez, probably a lower Wonderlic too.

So you in turn sign Michael Vick to backup this new project in an understanding that Vick is a single year rental who never was expected to actually play.

In other words, Idzik went all-in on an undeserving prospect, with no contingency plan- and insult to injury, we probably have to sign another veteran now which is going to eat 10-16 million of his precious, freed up cap space which has put this team in the terrible position it is in to begin with.

Sanchez was terrible in his last offseason here and had to go. There was no scenario in which it was a good idea to keep him, especially if Rex was going to continue on as coach.

• Upvote 1

You could very well be right, but I wasn't in the locker room so I can't say. I get it though. When we like or dislike somebody, we fill in the blanks with what we would like it to be, so I honestly don't fault you at all.

Modern day example. The Geno debacle in SD. I felt like he should have been benched and I believe you did too. I like Rex, so when he says that the starting QB is a "Jet decision" that tells me that he's not making the call and being pressed or overruled on who starts. You don't like Rex so you just say he refuses to hold players accountable. Neither of us knows who is right, but we pick the story that supports our opinion.

If you're not in the locker room, how did you come to the conclusion that Rex is a good coach?

Edited by T0mShane

Rex went back to assigning weekly gameday captains.

Kevin O'Connell was our Patton.

I need 53 points between Sanchez and Kelvin Benjamin tonight. Hoping for a light show.

So the guy who thinks John Idzik is a smart guy, and deserves a chance to bring in his own coach, has Mark Sanchez starting on his fantasy football team?

Seems legit.

I'm a cutthroat opportunist.

Taco's final line tonight will look something like this:

26/32, 347 yards, 3 TD's, 0 INT's

But it won't really count because.

Replace Sanchez with any other real quarteback solution from the market and we have the same example. The point is that the irony that "build through the draft with cap space" is not only failing, but that we either have to reject the idea entirely and spend for a veteran QB, lest we spend another 3-5 years looking for a high value quarterback in the draft. If that becomes a real possibility, the strategy is self defeated. Idzbutt went all in on an unproven, unqualified rookie and there is no getting around that.His strategy, as it relates to fielding quarterbacks, has already failed.

You won't get an argument from me regarding leaving the cupboard bare behind Geno. I was hoping they'd take Bortles in the first this past draft, with the thinking that hoping Geno is the future was too dicey. That said, I don't think that keeping Sanchez was the answer here: he was toast to such extremes that he was getting booed for stepping on the field in preseason. My solitary hope regarding the position is that Idzik (should he stay) wants the next coach to have a vote in the matter. If his thought really was that Geno was The Guy, may God have mercy on his soul.

I want it sooooo badly.

We deserve it.

SAR I

Sanchez becoming good under Chip Kelly would be the final, perfect nail in the Rex-Tannenbaum coffin.

• Upvote 1

WHere's Gastineau 99? I've been unimpressed with Benjamins effort the past few weeks.

He has killed my fantasy team for weeks.

Hey Im rooting for Sanchez. His doing well doesn't help us in any way in my opinion. Yes, it looks bad for the CS, but it can't look much worse than 2-8.

Sanchez is Rex's Benghazi

• Upvote 3

The only fear I have is you moving in next door.

We'd barbecue before every game!

every week you could burn another jets exec in effigy together

I'd dsappear into a shallow grave soon after closing on the house.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company