Sign in to follow this  
jgb

Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

yah but to be fare hes only given up 14 points on turnovers so philly would be out of this anyways so it would be 39-13 its not like it changes anything

• Upvote 1

Were you and Dave in a bar somewhere in Chicago feeding each other lines?

Yes.

No.

Maybe.

That's none of your damn business.

• Upvote 1

Where's SAR? I hope his Gulfstream didn't go down somewhere in the Atlantic...

Flounder? Probably ass-up in a Philly dive bathroom after trying to act cool with the blue collar folk.

• Upvote 1

How I imagine Pac and Smash watching Sportscenter this morning when Philly highlights come on:

past_this_part_spaceballs.gif

• Upvote 3

but with a coach who designs roll outs, dump offs and check downs for him.  you don't see him patting the ball waiting for someone to come open anymore

the hurry up is great for him, he doesn't have time to think and kelly is in his head set until the snap

the best part of the offense is the run game and the YAC.  he gets the ball out very fast now, mostly because he trusts his weapinz and has no choice

he will ruin the big game in the big spot tho.

but with the eagles ST's and run game, it seems like he is always looking at 3rd and 3 from midfield or better

Sure. Kelly's a better offensive coach than Schott was. He's able to mask his awfulness because the Eagles are so stacked on offense, and Sanchez was able to pad the conventional numbers against two sh*t defenses in Carolina and Tennessee. Make no mistake about it though, Philly's doing this in spite of him. 2 turnovers per start is horrific.

• Upvote 1

When was the last time the Jets had a QB complete 70% of his throws for 307 yards?

Eat sh*t Corky.

• Upvote 1

I didn't see today's Eagles game, but I've already seen this rerun enough times.

He's on pace to turn over the ball over 40x if spread over a full 16 game season. And I do expect he'll probably have a couple of actually-good games if he finishes out the season. But it matters not. He did that here, too. Yawn. Lots of bad QBs have good games. Doesn't mean they're good players.

We have our own problems at the position. But we'd still have the same problems if he was here. Maybe even more problems, because he's enough of a tease in practice that a couple of coaches - and maybe the GM - thinks "maybe..." with him, and then reluctantly admits it after he messes up seasons where they had real SB opportunities with someone reliable.

It's almost as if you're saying that it's reasonable to want to rely on your quarterback week in and week out. That's crazy talk.

The difference is--I guess--that he looks better in every other part of the game. He's confident, he's driving the ball downfield, his yards per attempt is way up, etc, but he still makes those 2-3 plays in a game that make you puke.

I can't wait to necro this post on Thursday.

You brought this upon yourself. Remember that.

Btw, hes averaging 1.5 ints a game......thru 4.

Technically it's 3.75. Which is 1.86 repeating. And unless we're all still in the 4th grade you round that sh*t up.

RJF hiding behind a giant bowl of yams.

Lol, enjoying booze and Thanksgiving with the fam. Really haven't caught much of anything today. Judging by the posts it looks like the pudsteaks are absolved for another week.

You went to rutgers? And they taught you that 6÷4 is 3.75? lol

Oh my bad, I thought we lived in a world where turnovers on fumbles also counted as giveaways. I didn't know we changed that.

Oh, because my post said 1.5 iNTS, short for interceptions, but it's cool. Misunderstanding, no big deal.

Obviously, you're not a golfer.

what makes you think he would return? he has iced it in philly. outplayed foles. they make a deep playoff run, and it's his team for the foreseeable future.

i can imagine a phone conversation between idzdick and mark going something like this:

*ring*

Mark: Hello?

Idz: Good evening Mark, John Idzik speaking, New York Jets GM.

Mark: errrrrrrr...hi? What's this about?

Idz: Mark, we've been very impressed with how you're playing this season. I know it didn't work out too well the last time you were here, but we at the jets would love to offer you a chance to come back and be our starting QB again. You know, with weaponzz, a support base, and a coach that actually gives a damn...you know, all that good sh*t you didn't have last time. Whaddya say, Mark?

Mark: *click*

Idz: Hello???...... Mark? Mark?

Idz: ....you there, pal?  ....Mark?

Idz:.... :tumbleweed:

*25 minutes later*

Idz:... :1cry:

Why is Idzik talking like a celebrity in an Old Navy commercial?

Once again, people doing the impossible and making SAR the sympathetic figure. So sad.

Now this is cause for some legit bragging. Because I told you ****ers this sh*t was gonna happen as soon as he started posting here.

Last words: You are 70 years old. Make better use of the 5 years you have left.

Ladies and gents, meet SAR.

But isn't that what a HC is supposed to do?

Shouldn't a HC be judged by whether he maximizes the talent on the roster, including the most important position--QB?

A good HC should be affable in press conferences and get the team to try really really really hard. Because the job is really just a glorified cheerleader.

• Upvote 2

He's playing under a great offensive coach now and he still isn't good. Before this week's game he was 26th in DVOA. Foles has a DYAR 5.5 times higher on only twice as many throws in the same offense, and it's not like he's setting the world on fire himself. This week will improve the numbers some, but is anybody getting excited over 7.5 Y/A on 69% passing with a touchdown and not turning the ball over for once ever if we're talking about anyone besides Sanchez?

Oh stop it. It's not like anyone has overreacted to an outlier game by Sanchez before. Not on this forum. Ever. Between 2009 and 2012. Never happened.

• Upvote 1

Sanchez has had 2 "outlier" games out of 5 this season, the other against the Panthers. Before the season's over, he'll likely have more "outlier" games.

Why are you using quotation marks?

Because if Sanchez has more good games down the stretch then the outliers won't be outliers now would they?

Yes. They would. That's how the aggregate works.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company