Sign in to follow this  
jgb

Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

If that's your take away from those two games, then there's really no point.

I guess there isnt because I'm trying to figure out on what basis are you claiming that Sanchez played poorly in either game. It cant be TDs, it cant be INTs, it cant be completion percentage, it can't be that he moved the offense.

Tell me what made either performance poor.

I'm guessing you didn't read the board after we lost to the Steelers.....

I did, and all the critical threads were about Schitty's idiotic goalline calls and Rex not having the team ready to start the game.

Mostly that he was under 20 points in both games.  That those TDs in Pittsburgh came when the game was essentially out of reach.  That he fumbled for a TD in that game, which you ignored in your complex statistical analysis.  That he was entirely ineffective in the 1st half of Pittsburgh and in the 2nd half vs. Indy.  If you took his first half against the Colts and his 2nd half of the Steelers (if you pretend that the Steelers didn't let up when up 24-3 and just try to hold on), you MIGHT have a QB performance good enough to win one of those games.

You can pull a box score and say Mark wasn't horrendous, but a cursory watching of the games would argue otherwise.  That at absolute best, he played decently for one half of each of the games.  At best.

We asked a lot of the D in those years.  They "let us down," but asking them to hold both teams under 20 points is pretty unrealistic, especially when you're not moving the ball for an entire half in both games.

What you ignored in the Colts game is that Sanchez gave the Jets a lead, Rex's defense gave up a late TD in the 1st half (which was a precursor to things to come over the next 5 years for a Rex D), then Shaun Greene got hurt early in the second half, Thomas Jones was completely ineffective thereafter and Sanchez could not keep up with Peyton scoring at will against Rex's D.

As to the Steelers game, you completely ignored the fact that the Steelers ran all over the Jets to start the game and controlled the time of possession in the first half building a lead.  Then Schitty calls an empty backfield against the best defense in the NFL and DBrick gets turnstiled which leads to the Sanchez sack and fumble.  However, Sanchez brought the team back in the second half.  To claim that his TDs were when the game was "out of reach" is preposterous.  The Jets immediately came back in that game and were in 5 points with a chance to win the game if Rex's D could get the ball back.  Of course, Rex's D failed on the biggest drive of Rex's career and the rest is history.

• Upvote 1

So, if the D "no shows" a half, all players are eliminated. But when the QB no shows a half, it's all good?

The easy answer to your question is Revis. If I need to do more, I'll have to go back and look at the games.

Revis played like sh*t in both games. Most blatant in Steeler game when he dropped an interception which wouldve changed the complexity of the game.

Ultimately, it doesnt matter because the narrative is still being written about Sanchez. If he plays well this postseason, no one will believe your take on the AFCCGs.

I see a lot of grown men wasting a lot of personal time. It's ******* Mark Sanchez. Is this really what you'd like to be on your death bed being thankful that you dedicated this much time towards? There are more important things in life. Like Star Wars and The Avengers. And the new Ghostface album. And those Goose Island Bourbon County Beers from Black Friday which are beyond delicious.

But doesn't that apply to every thread?

Also, add Alien Isolation to your list. Sick experience playing.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company