Sign in to follow this  
jgb

Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

Smash, don't you think we should slow down just a little? One good game against a secondary that is just as bad as ours doesn't make for Itoldyouso yet. This thing may boomerang back on you.

He also only completed 54 % of his throws against that awful secondary.  Let's see what kind of numbers he puts up on a real defense when throwing at that clip. 

Yea, Sanchez really stunk up the joint last night.

When was the last time a Jets QB threw for 337 yards, 2 TD's and no turnovers???

BTW, the red, yellow, green was all Rex and his staff because he has no clue how to coach a QB. And I agree, that was pretty embarrassing.

This coming from the guy who said Sanchez sucked with the Jets.

Mark Sanchez Jets jerseys are cheap online, I'll find a place where we can get them for $15 bucks each. 

I have two of them - one of them worn once -  the other never - they're yours

This coming from the guy who said Sanchez sucked with the Jets.

both are true. sanchez sucked with rex's jets. now that he escaped from New York he is proving it was Rex all along

both are true. sanchez sucked with rex's jets. now that he escaped from New York he is proving it was Rex all along

Yes and Chip Kelly is already all-world after 1 1/2 seasons.

Yes and Chip Kelly is already all-world after 1 1/2 seasons.

you're strengthening my position: a newbie coach getting more out of a qb than seasoned rex. thanks for that argument. i think i will use it.

you're strengthening my position: a newbie coach getting more out of a qb than seasoned rex. thanks for that argument. i think i will use it.

Yes the protein shacks are his secret..

Yes the protein shacks are his secret..

lol better than hot dogs

Havent caught up on all the great posts that I'm sure have been written in this incredible thread but I'm guessing, Mark Sanchez is the savior for having an ok night vs. a team the Jets could blow out?

Have we got to the part where Rex Ryan won a lot of games with Mark Sanchez too or are we ignoring that? 

Anyone talked about how Rex has a tattoo of Sanchez and loved him with all his heart and Idzik shipped him out (with his other favorite player that had his own island)?

Anyone brought up the fact that Chip Kelly only has 2 wins vs. teams with a winning record?

I dont want to rehash stuffed we've already discussed.

Thanks!

It depends on the hot dog...

i don't get it but will give you a LOL anyway because i am in a good mood

lol better than hot dogs

Sanchez has moved on to Cheese Steaks

Mark Sanchez Stopped by Philly Cheesesteak Spots After Eagles Win

By: Ryan Glasspiegel 1 hour ago

Mark Sanchez has proven one thing time and again in his NFL career: The man loves to eat. Towards the end of a 2009 game in which the Jets thrashed the Raiders, Sanchez drew the ire of Oakland players when he enjoyed a hot dog on the sidelines. Earlier this season, Sanchez gave Nick Foles, the man whose job he’d perhaps one day threaten, some pointers about eating chicken tenders on the bench.

Last night, after leading the Eagles to a victory over the Panthers, Mark Sanchez stopped at iconic Philly cheesesteak jaunts Pat’s and Geno’s to eat a little bit and pose for some Instagram photos with his suddenly-adoring fans. One offered the quarterback his own cheese fries, and Sanchez graciously accepted. He’s a man of the people.

As far as Sanchez on the field, he made some really nice throws for big gains but it would probably be premature to start sculpting his bust in Canton just yet. He completed 54% of his passes, and though he didn’t throw any interceptions there were some passes that were, shall we say, ill-advised. That’s good enough to thump a Panther team that’s only won one game since the second week of the season, but Sanchez will have to be more careful than that if we’re gonna start debating whether he’s ELITE. He’s got a chance to make me eat some of those words this Sunday in a late afternoon game at Lambeau.

Nothing wrong with having a Sanchez Jersey. He is the starting QB on a 1st place team afterall.

Sanchez has moved on to Cheese Steaks

Mark Sanchez Stopped by Philly Cheesesteak Spots After Eagles Win

By: Ryan Glasspiegel 1 hour ago

Mark Sanchez has proven one thing time and again in his NFL career: The man loves to eat. Towards the end of a 2009 game in which the Jets thrashed the Raiders, Sanchez drew the ire of Oakland players when he enjoyed a hot dog on the sidelines. Earlier this season, Sanchez gave Nick Foles, the man whose job he’d perhaps one day threaten, some pointers about eating chicken tenders on the bench.

Last night, after leading the Eagles to a victory over the Panthers, Mark Sanchez stopped at iconic Philly cheesesteak jaunts Pat’s and Geno’s to eat a little bit and pose for some Instagram photos with his suddenly-adoring fans. One offered the quarterback his own cheese fries, and Sanchez graciously accepted. He’s a man of the people.

As far as Sanchez on the field, he made some really nice throws for big gains but it would probably be premature to start sculpting his bust in Canton just yet. He completed 54% of his passes, and though he didn’t throw any interceptions there were some passes that were, shall we say, ill-advised. That’s good enough to thump a Panther team that’s only won one game since the second week of the season, but Sanchez will have to be more careful than that if we’re gonna start debating whether he’s ELITE. He’s got a chance to make me eat some of those words this Sunday in a late afternoon game at Lambeau.

more time with the one's he will only get better. eagles have a real coach who knows how to put his guys in a position to succeed by playing to their strengths.

Awesome, thanks.

Later in the process I'll have something set up for donations like this.

Best,

SAR I

Havent caught up on all the great posts that I'm sure have been written in this incredible thread but I'm guessing, Mark Sanchez is the savior for having an ok night vs. a team the Jets could blow out?

Have we got to the part where Rex Ryan won a lot of games with Mark Sanchez too or are we ignoring that? 

Anyone talked about how Rex has a tattoo of Sanchez and loved him with all his heart and Idzik shipped him out (with his other favorite player that had his own island)?

Anyone brought up the fact that Chip Kelly only has 2 wins vs. teams with a winning record?

I dont want to rehash stuffed we've already discussed.

Thanks!

We probably should be talking about how Sanchez seemingly regressed under Ryan. 

Did you notice the better disposition of just how he carried himself last night vs how he did while with the Jets. Maybe that is something he figured out on his own. Or maybe it is a byproduct of better mentoring.

• Upvote 2

When Matthews caught that first TD I thought to myself, "Yep, hearing from Villain tomorrow."  lol.

Lol you know me too well. I didn't even see the game last night. I heard about it this morningand seen the highlights.  A coworker was talking about Sanchez and when I checked nfl.com I seen what Matthews did. I'll be watching the game tonight when I get home though. Man I wish we would have drafted Jeffrey and Matthews. What's crazy is that Sanchez has been showing great chemistry with Matthews since training camp. 

Lol you know me too well. I didn't even see the game last night. I heard about it this morningand seen the highlights.  A coworker was talking about Sanchez and when I checked nfl.com I seen what Matthews did. I'll be watching the game tonight when I get home though. Man I wish we would have drafted Jeffrey and Matthews. What's crazy is that Sanchez has been showing great chemistry with Matthews since training camp. 

geno throwing to jeffrey and matthews would be like giving a ferrari to a 16 year old

Smash, don't you think we should slow down just a little? One good game against a secondary that is just as bad as ours doesn't make for Itoldyouso yet. This thing may boomerang back on you.

He also only completed 54 % of his throws against that awful secondary.  Let's see what kind of numbers he puts up on a real defense when throwing at that clip. 

everyone entitled to their opinion but if sanchez lays an egg against green bay that will certainly suffice as enough evidence that he sucks for you. he had a good game. people who think he got a raw deal here are happy for him and heartbroken he never looked like the player we saw last night as a jet. chip has now had vick, foles and sanchez playing well in 18 months. he's had more QB success in a year and a half than the jets in 45 years--and 2 of those 3 guys have looked much worse as Jets! it's incredible really.

I remember at this other forum, SARS was saying after 2012 to fire Rex and make a heavy play for Chip. Everyone called him an idiot and a troll.

After that I remember him saying Sanchez was the best QB the Jets had had since Namath. Everyone called him an idiot and a troll.

Like just about every thread created over at that dumpster fire, they age like a fine, fine wine.

SARS, since you don't post there anymore anyway, you should go necro bump all of that stuff just as a final FU.

Your day of vengeance has come.

You realize most people on those other forums (JI and TGG) still don't view Rex as the problem, and many have advocated (in recent days) making Rex HC/GM? They're Rex dead-enders - they'd rather lose perennially with Rex running things than win with anyone else. It's a cult of personality thing that I just can't wrap my head around.

Yea, Sanchez really stunk up the joint last night.

When was the last time a Jets QB threw for 337 yards, 2 TD's and no turnovers???

BTW, the red, yellow, green was all Rex and his staff because he has no clue how to coach a QB. And I agree, that was pretty embarrassing.

It pains me to see fans of rival teams recognize the glaringly obvious, while so many Jets fans are still completely oblivious.

Were you watching the game or did you just read the stat line? I counted a good 6-7 passes that bounced right off the hands of his WRs. There really weren't many errant throws on the night at all.

You realize most people on those other forums (JI and TGG) still don't view Rex as the problem, and many have advocated (in recent days) making Rex HC/GM? They're Rex dead-enders - they'd rather lose perennially with Rex running things than win with anyone else. It's a cult of personality thing that I just can't wrap my head around.

It pains me to see fans of rival teams recognize the glaringly obvious, while so many Jets fans are still completely oblivious.

Were you watching the game or did you just read the stat line? I counted a good 6-7 passes that bounced right off the hands of his WRs. There really weren't many errant throws on the night at all.

What was eye-opening was watching how many passes they throw deep down the field. As a Jets fan, you forget that it's an option.

It'd be pretty amazing to have a contingent of Jets fans welcoming Sanchez back as a conquering hero. lol Only in New York

He also had a dropped pick the game before, which would have given him 3.  I'm not suggesting he hasn't progressed.  I am suggesting we need to wait a few weeks before assuming he's suddenly a real QB.

• Upvote 1

He also had a dropped pick the game before, which would have given him 3.  I'm not suggesting he hasn't progressed.  I am suggesting we need to wait a few weeks before assuming he's suddenly a real QB.

Sanchez has always been a real QB...the pump fakes still look silly but he's never looked uncomfortable in the pocket. 2012 shouldn't count against Sanchez. Geno for instance hasn't looked like a real QB this year. Cam Newton didn't look like a real QB last night.

Sanchez is never going to be top 5...but put him in the right situation he'll succeed as a passer.

2012 season.

You stated he's ALWAYS been a real QB.  Except every year (including his 4th season in 2012) he has not been.  So I refuse to acknowledge his "real QBness" based on 2 games.

You stated he's ALWAYS been a real QB.  Except every year (including his 4th season in 2012) he has not been.  So I refuse to acknowledge his "real QBness" based on 2 games.

Then your football acumen is ass.

Then your football acumen is ass.

2009 - 35th in DVOA

2010 - 28th

2011 - 29th

2012 - 35th

It doesn't require any football acumen to acknowledge Sanchez has never been a "real QB".  It just IS.  The burden of proof is on Sanchez and his supporters to make that claim.  Maybe he's BECOME a real QB in Philly.  But arguing he ever WAS any good is another matter entirely.  In that it is an incorrect statement, plain and simple.

I choose to wait for more sample than just 2 games to claim that he has BECOME a real QB.

2009 - 35th in DVOA

2010 - 28th

2011 - 29th

2012 - 35th

It doesn't require any football acumen to acknowledge Sanchez has never been a "real QB".  It just IS.

You don't even know what DVOA is.

Sanchez always had ability, the situation the Jets created from basically 2011 on was unworkable for any QB. It really isn't a surprise he looks like a different player in Philly. You didn't think he was a real QB here because you probably didn't have an understanding of how putrid of an environment this is here for a QB. Geno Smith actually looks worse than Sanchez ever did here. Finding an Aaron Rodgers is virtually impossible, we had a player in Sanchez, with decent enough ability to make it work...as it did, especially in year 2 with decent enough talent.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

You don't even know what DVOA is.

Sanchez always had ability, the situation the Jets created from basically 2011 on was unworkable for any QB. It really isn't a surprise he looks like a different player in Philly. You didn't think he was a real QB here because you probably didn't have an understanding of how putrid of an environment this is here for a QB. Geno Smith actually looks worse than Sanchez ever did here.

It's average value per play.  For 4 years Sanchez was consistently well below the level of a league average QB even when factoring in his circumstances.

We did Sanchez no favors.  Our organization sucks.  Sanchez still can suck in spite of that being the case.  It's not a mutually exclusive conclusion.  A sh*tty organization used a top pick on a sh*tty QB.  Imagine that! 

He's in a better situation now and still threw 2 picks his first outing (and had a 3rd dropped).  His performance last night may well be a sign he's improved.  But he always sucked here.  Of that there is no doubt.  The question is whether he can keep up his current level of play.  My guess is he probably won't and Eagles fans will be glad to have Foles back healthy.

It'd be pretty amazing to have a contingent of Jets fans welcoming Sanchez back as a conquering hero. lol Only in New York

It's going to happen. Watch. I've got to get Fireman Ed onboard. It's perfect for him.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

It's average value per play.  For 4 years Sanchez was consistently well below the level of a league average QB even when factoring in his circumstances.

We did Sanchez no favors.  Our organization sucks.  Sanchez still can suck in spite of that being the case.  It's not a mutually exclusive conclusion.  A sh*tty organization used a top pick on a sh*tty QB.  Imagine that! 

He's in a better situation now and still threw 2 picks his first outing (and had a 3rd dropped).  His performance last night may well be a sign he's improved.  But he always sucked here.  Of that there is no doubt.  The question is whether he can keep up his current level of play.  My guess is he probably won't and Eagles fans will be glad to have Foles back healthy.

He sucked here to the point of absurdity because of the staff and the overall philosophy of Rex.

DVOA is a cool stat, but like pretty much all football stats its a team stat and outside the very best QB's it fluctuates year to year.