Sign in to follow this  
jgb

Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

He sucked here to the point of absurdity because of the staff and the overall philosophy of Rex.

DVOA is a cool stat, but like pretty much all football stats its a team stat and outside the very best QB's it fluctuates year to year.

For Sanchez it never fluctuated.  He was consistently near the bottom.  Again, our organization and coaching staff did horribly by him.  But he still sucked. 

• Upvote 1

For Sanchez it never fluctuated.  He was consistently near the bottom.  Again, our organization and coaching staff did horribly by him.  But he still sucked. 

Lets see where he finishes this year...

It's average value per play.  For 4 years Sanchez was consistently well below the level of a league average QB even when factoring in his circumstances.

We did Sanchez no favors.  Our organization sucks.  Sanchez still can suck in spite of that being the case.  It's not a mutually exclusive conclusion.  A sh*tty organization used a top pick on a sh*tty QB.  Imagine that! 

He's in a better situation now and still threw 2 picks his first outing (and had a 3rd dropped).  His performance last night may well be a sign he's improved.  But he always sucked here.  Of that there is no doubt.  The question is whether he can keep up his current level of play.  My guess is he probably won't and Eagles fans will be glad to have Foles back healthy.

coming in with no prep last week and throwing a couple picks isn't a very fair assessment--especially when he won the game. who knows if he is the same player or a beneficiary of better circumstances but why can Rex's jets never put a QB in a position to succeed?

It's going to happen. Watch. I've got to get Fireman Ed onboard. It's perfect for him.

SAR I

mindblown.gif

Is this troll week on the Discovery Channel?

Nothing wrong with having a Sanchez Jersey. He is the starting QB on a 1st place team afterall.

color is even right. wonder how many sanchez jerseys we will see against miami with an eagles decal taped over the jets emblem

coming in with no prep last week and throwing a couple picks isn't a very fair assessment--especially when he won the game. who knows if he is the same player or a beneficiary of better circumstances but why can Rex's jets never put a QB in a position to succeed?

The # 1 reason why he will deservedly be getting fired; he has no answer to that question.

• Upvote 1

Lets see where he finishes this year...

I'll agree to that.  His performance will certainly be interesting to track.  And Max will love the post counts.

I'm def. in...

I live in the Philly area (in NJ though) most of my friends are Eagles fans...I'll get a whole crew together with Eagles Sanchez Jersey's and signs...

• Upvote 1

I'm def. in...

I live in the Philly area (in NJ though) most of my friends are Eagles fans...I'll get a whole crew together with Eagles Sanchez Jersey's and signs...

You do recognize that this is a fantasy scenario where he gets your boy Idzik fired, right?

Mark has already destroyed Thanksgiving for a few people. So now its Christmas's turn.

More than a few I would bet.  That Thanksgiving debacle still pisses me off.  At least Sanchez has the NFL's only butt fumble.  That's something.

You do recognize that this is a fantasy scenario where he gets your boy Idzik fired, right?

Idzik's gone - I think it's too late to stop that momentum, you media puppets accomplished their goals for them.

With that said, I like the idea of being able to piss off Woody, the Mara's and Giant fans all at the same time.

Idzik's gone - I think it's too late to stop that momentum, you media puppets accomplished their goals for them.

With that said, I like the idea of being able to piss off Woody, the Mara's and Giant fans all at the same time.

Lol @ media puppets. Yeah, you got me there.

Anyway, much different feel around the Jets now that they snapped their losing streak. I don't think anything's set in stone.

Lol @ media puppets. Yeah, you got me there.

Anyway, much different feel around the Jets now that they snapped their losing streak. I don't think anything's set in stone.

That's a week-to-week thing right now..barring a major winning streak I think the decisions already been made and expect them both to be gone the Monday after the next loss.

This coming from the guy who said Sanchez sucked with the Jets.

I did, because he had a HC who doesn't have a clue about offense and Sanchez was pathetic.

That's the difference between Chip Kelly and Rex Ryan.

• Upvote 1

I did, because he had a HC who doesn't have a clue about offense and Sanchez was pathetic.

The other difference is Rex has won playoff games.

He sucked here to the point of absurdity because of the staff and the overall philosophy of Rex.

Dead on, Rex Ryan and his staff blew the #5 overall pick in the draft.

Think Gholston is laughing somewhere?

Mark Sanchez has as many wins this season as the Jets do as a team.

He went to Geno's to get a cheesesteak too. Because of course he did.

• Upvote 4

The other difference is Rex has won playoff games.

Wow, a couple of playoff games?????

How many division titles, conference championships and Super Bowls does Rex have under his belt?

The correct answer is zero.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

That's a week-to-week thing right now..barring a major winning streak I think the decisions already been made and expect them both to be gone the Monday after the next loss.

Nah. If they lost to the Steelers, they would've set a new franchise losing streak record. That might've been enough for Woody to do some in season firings, but I suspect both guys are now safe until the end of the year. Especially if the team keeps putting in an effort every week.

This is setting up to be too good to be true.

Mark Sanchez returning to MetLife Stadium on Christmas weekend, can knock Tom Coughlin and Rex Ryan and John Idzik out in one fell swoop. Game will be flexed, Eagles can get a bye. All it takes is a huge contingent of Jets fans, the J-E-T-S chant after every Eagles score. Forget planes and banners and road signs. Will be an epic social media NYJ takedown for all the NFL to see.

Thousands of cheap tickets on Stubhub, Tailgate Joe, Fireman Ed, we need to fill the place with 20,000 Jets fans.

Who's in?

SAR I

If you pick me up at the Fours Seasons in your BMW, refuel my G5 at Teterboro and buy me 2 hot dogs, I'll go.

The correct answer is zero.

Which coincidentally enough is the same number of times you've had intercourse with a human female.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Which coincidentally enough is the same number of times you've had intercourse with a human female.

Damn, Jets fans are so witty.

Are you the offspring of RayRay or sg3?

Got it.

Damn, Jets fans are so witty.

Are you the offspring of RayRay or sg3?

Frank Moga.

I'm def. in...

Awesome. This is going to be great. Likely the only meaningful football game we'll attend all year.

SAR I

Exactly why we need a MetLife Stadium Takeover of the Giants Eagles game.

It's our last chance to make sure that our voices are heard even if Vick manages to win 3 more games. Woody is on the fence, we need to push him off.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

If you pick me up at the Fours Seasons in your BMW, refuel my G5 at Teterboro and buy me 2 hot dogs, I'll go.

Done, but you have to wear a Mark Sanchez jersey. Deal?

SAR I

Is this a prime-time game?

Please, please, please don't do this.

It's very theoretical at this point, and a lot of things have to fall into place, but we're the Jets so you know it's going to play out like this:

1. Mark Sanchez plays very well in Chip Kelly's system.

2. Eagles are sitting at 11-4 when they face the Giants.

3. A win gives the Eagles the NFC East and a first round bye.

4. The drama of Sanchez, the Eagles, the NY Giants market, and the "homecoming" gets the game flexed.

5. 1/3 of the Stadium are Giants fans, 1/3 of the Stadium are Eagles fans, 1/3 of the Stadium are Jets fans.

6. Eagles score, chaos ensues. J-E-T-S chant is whipped out, Eagles fans are chanting, Giants are shamed.

7. We get selfies with Mark Sanchez in his 2014 NFC Champions Cap.

8. Humiliation caused by fans forces Woody Johnson to get rid of Ryan and Idzik.

9. Happy New Year.

SAR I

• Upvote 1