Sign in to follow this  
jgb

Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

It's very theoretical at this point, and a lot of things have to fall into place, but we're the Jets so you know it's going to play out like this:

1. Mark Sanchez plays very well in Chip Kelly's system.

2. Eagles are sitting at 11-4 when they face the Giants.

3. A win gives the Eagles the NFC East and a first round bye.

4. The drama of Sanchez, the Eagles, the NY Giants market, and the "homecoming" gets the game flexed.

5. 1/3 of the Stadium are Giants fans, 1/3 of the Stadium are Eagles fans, 1/3 of the Stadium are Jets fans.

6. Eagles score, chaos ensues. J-E-T-S chant is whipped out, Eagles fans are chanting, Giants are shamed.

7. We get selfies with Mark Sanchez in his 2014 NFC Champions Cap.

8. Humiliation caused by fans forces Woody Johnson to get rid of Ryan and Idzik.

9. Happy New Year.

SAR I

10. Sanchez gets a few dozen restraining orders to protect himself.

• Upvote 1

You can see that Sanchez' confidence was regressing the last couple of years.  Starting your pro life with Schottenheimer and Sparano as your OC is a lot to overcome.  Now I wonder if Geno is the same way.

You can see that Sanchez' confidence was regressing the last couple of years.  Starting your pro life with Schottenheimer and Sparano as your OC is a lot to overcome.  Now I wonder if Geno is the same way.

No politics or religion

This is setting up to be too good to be true

Thousands of cheap tickets on Stubhub, Tailgate Joe, Fireman Ed, we need to fill the place with 20,000 Jets fans.

SAR I

Did you just mention tailgate joe BEFORE fireman Ed?? Pretty sure joe is walking around with a boner right now

It's very theoretical at this point, and a lot of things have to fall into place, but we're the Jets so you know it's going to play out like this:

1. Mark Sanchez plays very well in Chip Kelly's system.

2. Eagles are sitting at 11-4 when they face the Giants.

3. A win gives the Eagles the NFC East and a first round bye.

4. The drama of Sanchez, the Eagles, the NY Giants market, and the "homecoming" gets the game flexed.

5. 1/3 of the Stadium are Giants fans, 1/3 of the Stadium are Eagles fans, 1/3 of the Stadium are Jets fans.

6. Eagles score, chaos ensues. J-E-T-S chant is whipped out, Eagles fans are chanting, Giants are shamed.

7. We get selfies with Mark Sanchez in his 2014 NFC Champions Cap.

8. Humiliation caused by fans forces Woody Johnson to get rid of Ryan and Idzik.

9. Happy New Year.

SAR I

If Sanchez is still playing well, and this game is the one that serves as the Eagles' coronation, I'm in. I DESPISE going to MetLife, but I'd do this to shame the Jets.

He also had a dropped pick the game before, which would have given him 3.  I'm not suggesting he hasn't progressed.  I am suggesting we need to wait a few weeks before assuming he's suddenly a real QB.

True.  The true test will to see how he pans out in the games where his OL does not hold up as well as last night. He did move/slide and step up nicely in the pocket last night the few times there was pressure. 

I think your being a little over the top by continually listing how many picks he "should" have. One of his earlier picks was a bounce off of his WR. Last night he also had some passes dropped by his WR's. Just threw that in as you also appear hung up on his comp pct. last night.

Bottom line. He's better than anything we have......at least now that he's under a different HC/OC.  I would have liked to see how he did under MM as well but at the end of the day he's better off away from our dysfunctional organization.

Time will tell if he's the competent QB I think he can be. Besides,  it gives us something to follow this season.

Mark Sanchez had a better game opening day vs Buffalo under Tony Sparano that he did his first start with Chip Kelly.

Mark Sanchez had a better game opening day vs Buffalo under Tony Sparano that he did his first start with Chip Kelly.

Oh sh*t I take it all back

I'm happy for Mark.  If he can escape from the New York Jets......

maybe we can too

• Upvote 1

The Packers have the sixth best pass defense (by QB rating). If Sanchez has a big game there, the entirety of Jets fandom will finally implode. God, I love chaos.

If Sanchez is still playing well, and this game is the one that serves as the Eagles' coronation, I'm in. I DESPISE going to MetLife, but I'd do this to shame the Jets.

It's a moral imperative.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Smash, don't you think we should slow down just a little? One good game against a secondary that is just as bad as ours doesn't make for Itoldyouso yet. This thing may boomerang back on you.

very true but I did say that in one of my posts ... The thing is I've never seen Sanchez play this well over a 2 game span. He just looks like a different QB. We wont know for sure how this pans out until next year IMO because if he does continue to play well the key to becoming a good QB is consistency and keeping the mistakes to a minimum. Time will tell

The correct answer is zero.

What is Superbowls Belly has won without a camera, Alex?

If Sanchez continues to play well and cuts down on his nonsensical turnovers, as a Jets' fan, the only person I'll be angry with is him.  Did he really need to be injured and shipped off to another team for the better part of two years to understand that he shouldn't throw it to the opposing team?  There's nothing about having better receivers or better tutelage that suddenly makes you realize you shouldn't throw into triple coverage or directly to the oncoming defensive end.

Did Chip somehow rework all of Mark's mechanics to stop him from overthrowing, underthrowing and throwing late to his receivers? Disregarding the whole terrible environment/Jets can't develop QBs debate, the two biggest things holding Mark back from succeeding here was his accuracy and decision making, which lead to an unacceptable amount of turnovers.  In his four years as a starting QB for the Jets his completion percentage never sniffed 60% (56.7% was his highest in his third year in the league) and while some of that can be on our receivers, his accuracy was always a major problem. He was pretty pinpoint last night and if that continues to be a trend, good for him, he's always had the talent. He coughed the ball up twice in his first game and while almost INTs don't count, he had zero last night.  If he can continue to not turn the ball over, then again, good for him and the Eagles (actually no, f*ck the eagles, I hate everything about that city).  

Mark has always had the talent, but if he's corrected his stupid decision making errors, than I would imagine that's more on him keeping himself in check after having his job in limbo the last two years.  Sometimes a guy needs a change of scenery or wake-up call to put it all together and if he's truly corrected these flaws,  I believe it's more on him than Kelly being some sort of wunderkind QB-whisperer.  

• Upvote 1

The Packers have the sixth best pass defense (by QB rating). If Sanchez has a big game there, the entirety of Jets fandom will finally implode. God, I love chaos.

It will be interesting to see Mark in a shootout, because with Rodgers and that offense being white-hot, the eagles are going to need to put up major points to stay in the game.  I for one hope they do, because I've got Jordyz on my fantasy team and it's killing me that they're benching their starters for half a game sometimes because Rodgers is too stupid good.

Anyone who thought Sanchez wasn't going to have a great game doesn't understand how things always turn out for the Jets.

Last night was the biggest indictment of Rex and the job he has done here. He has to go.

And FWIW, I'm happy for Mark. He's always seemed like a good kid. He took a lot of abuse here, so I'm glad he's doing well.

we still luv the BUTT FUMBLER

oops, this makes it 11...really guys? Mark Sanchez? Don't you guys remember the 2 scores every game that he would give the opposition? 9 points

I am not surprised that Sanchez is doing well under Kelly. He was the number one recruited QB out of high school and won the Rose Bowl. Kelly played against him and knows his capability. In fact, next to Mariota, Sanchez may be the most talented QB Kelly has worked with. He is a genius when it comes to that sh*t. Sorry, Jets fans.

If Sanchez continues to play well and cuts down on his nonsensical turnovers, as a Jets' fan, the only person I'll be angry with is him. Did he really need to be injured and shipped off to another team for the better part of two years to understand that he shouldn't throw it to the opposing team? There's nothing about having better receivers or better tutelage that suddenly makes you realize you shouldn't throw into triple coverage or directly to the oncoming defensive end.

Did Chip somehow rework all of Mark's mechanics to stop him from overthrowing, underthrowing and throwing late to his receivers? Disregarding the whole terrible environment/Jets can't develop QBs debate, the two biggest things holding Mark back from succeeding here was his accuracy and decision making, which lead to an unacceptable amount of turnovers. In his four years as a starting QB for the Jets his completion percentage never sniffed 60% (56.7% was his highest in his third year in the league) and while some of that can be on our receivers, his accuracy was always a major problem. He was pretty pinpoint last night and if that continues to be a trend, good for him, he's always had the talent. He coughed the ball up twice in his first game and while almost INTs don't count, he had zero last night. If he can continue to not turn the ball over, then again, good for him and the Eagles (actually no, f*ck the eagles, I hate everything about that city).

Mark has always had the talent, but if he's corrected his stupid decision making errors, than I would imagine that's more on him keeping himself in check after having his job in limbo the last two years. Sometimes a guy needs a change of scenery or wake-up call to put it all together and if he's truly corrected these flaws, I believe it's more on him than Kelly being some sort of wunderkind QB-whisperer.

Yeah ok

Yeah, this has really become kind of silly.

I guess it's all a matter of relativity. Sanchez becomes a HOF'er when Geno Smith is the BM

It will be interesting to see Mark in a shootout, because with Rodgers and that offense being white-hot, the eagles are going to need to put up major points to stay in the game. I for one hope they do, because I've got Jordyz on my fantasy team and it's killing me that they're benching their starters for half a game sometimes because Rodgers is too stupid good.

A 63-59 lollywhopping would be so much fun

I honestly can't believe so many people thought Chip Kelly was going to suck. I don't think he would of taken a job for the NYJ, but it would of been worth a try if you didn't stick with Rex.

I remember reading the conversations and everyone was very anti-Kelly, but it wasn't just Jet fans - even Eagle fans were divided and some thought he was going to be horrible.

I don't watch college football, but all I needed to know to be 99% certain he was going to be a dynamic original was that Bill Belichick was picking his brain before the 2012 off season, and that he contributed philosophically to the Patriots 2012 no huddle rushing attack, which was the terror of the NFL that year.

For future reference, if Bill Belichick thinks you're smart enough that he wants to ask you stuff about your system and offense, you're a far cut above the rest and people should want you taking over their organization.

• Thumb Down 1

Yeah ok

I get it, you hate Rex and blame him for everything that's wrong with this team and while he didn't do anything to nurture that talent, I don't think Mark's failures were unanimously on his shoulders. Mark's biggest problems were inaccuracy and decision making, what has Chip done in the last 6 months or so that's suddenly corrected this?  He's got time in the pocket and better receivers, but if his decision making has somehow improved, that's on his maturation, not Chip's voodoo magic.  It'd be nice if the kid played well, he's one of the few guys you don't mind young athletes striving to be like, I'm just a bit skeptical as we've been down this road before.

If Sanchez continues to play well and cuts down on his nonsensical turnovers, as a Jets' fan, the only person I'll be angry with is him.  Did he really need to be injured and shipped off to another team for the better part of two years to understand that he shouldn't throw it to the opposing team?  There's nothing about having better receivers or better tutelage that suddenly makes you realize you shouldn't throw into triple coverage or directly to the oncoming defensive end.

Did Chip somehow rework all of Mark's mechanics to stop him from overthrowing, underthrowing and throwing late to his receivers? Disregarding the whole terrible environment/Jets can't develop QBs debate, the two biggest things holding Mark back from succeeding here was his accuracy and decision making, which lead to an unacceptable amount of turnovers.  In his four years as a starting QB for the Jets his completion percentage never sniffed 60% (56.7% was his highest in his third year in the league) and while some of that can be on our receivers, his accuracy was always a major problem. He was pretty pinpoint last night and if that continues to be a trend, good for him, he's always had the talent. He coughed the ball up twice in his first game and while almost INTs don't count, he had zero last night.  If he can continue to not turn the ball over, then again, good for him and the Eagles (actually no, f*ck the eagles, I hate everything about that city).  

Mark has always had the talent, but if he's corrected his stupid decision making errors, than I would imagine that's more on him keeping himself in check after having his job in limbo the last two years.  Sometimes a guy needs a change of scenery or wake-up call to put it all together and if he's truly corrected these flaws,  I believe it's more on him than Kelly being some sort of wunderkind QB-whisperer.  

Ok I read it to0 bc I felt guilty and you make some good points. This Sanchez stuff is just out of hand.  It's not like anyone said he couldn't win an NFL game. 

I did, because he had a HC who doesn't have a clue about offense and Sanchez was pathetic.

That's the difference between Chip Kelly and Rex Ryan.

I see. So BB does?

I don't watch college football, but all I needed to know to be 99% certain he was going to be a dynamic original was that Bill Belichick was picking his brain before the 2012 off season...

Oh god.

• Upvote 1

I get it, you hate Rex and blame him for everything that's wrong with this team and while he didn't do anything to nurture that talent, I don't think Mark's failures were unanimously on his shoulders. Mark's biggest problems were inaccuracy and decision making, what has Chip done in the last 6 months or so that's suddenly corrected this? He's got time in the pocket and better receivers, but if his decision making has somehow improved, that's on his maturation, not Chip's voodoo magic. It'd be nice if the kid played well, he's one of the few guys you don't mind young athletes striving to be like, I'm just a bit skeptical as we've been down this road before.

Tom doesn't really know how to respond when you start talking Football from a logical perspective. Forgive him.

Great post.

Kelly has pixie dust and sprinkles it on QBs and turnovers magicaly stop. Unless of course you're Mike Vick or Nick Foles. It only works on Sanchez when he's playing the Panthers.

• Thumb Down 2

"He's a baller,'' rookie wide receiver Jordan Matthews, who had career highs of seven receptions, 138 yards and two touchdowns, said. "Like I said, he's a franchise quarterback.''

Tom doesn't really know how to respond when you start talking Football from a logical perspective. Forgive him.

Great post.

Kelly has pixie dust and sprinkles it on QBs and turnovers magicaly stop. Unless of course you're Mike Vick or Nick Foles. It only works on Sanchez when he's playing the Panthers.

Mark Sanchez playing well under Kelly is the rope we hang Rex Ryan's ghost with.