Sign in to follow this  
jgb

Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

This is why I went into law to avoid math.

Dumb this down for me using test grades. If a student has 4 As and 4 Cs, there are no outliers, right? Even if that student gets 3 As and 5 Cs there are no outliers. However, if the student has 1 A and 7 Cs, then the A is the outlier.

Sanchez has 2 A games in 5. If his good games equal his not good games then the good games cant be called outliers, right?

Fair enough, as someone who went into math to avoid doing law, I will do my best to dumb this down with no numbers:

I tend to look at things comparatively. That’s the beauty of replacement statistics, because they measure what another average-level quarterback could do given the same circumstances, players, coach, and system. In that category, Sanchez has faired poorly. This is mostly because of the turnovers. Most gay math done on football has shown that QB turnovers have as significant an impact on games as anything; even one can cost a game, two is disastrous. Thus, averaging two per game means the rest of the team has a lot of slack to pick up, and tanks the advanced numbers of a quarterback. To reiterate, this is because what these numbers measure is impact.

Regarding the Dallas game, this is an instance where the conventional line proves to be a useful tool in 2014. Kelly threw less, a lot less, which would be meaningless if not for the fact that he’s always at the top of the league in attempts every week. So at that point, a numbers guy sits back and tries to put the qualitative puzzle together between the conventional and advanced lines: Given Sanchez’s performance this season, it means one of two things: Either Kelly, king of throwing, just randomly chose to run the ball over 3/5 of the time against one of the worst pass defenses in the league, or he toned it down because there is only so much you can do for a quarterback who is turning over the ball twice per game.

What these two things mean is that Sanchez’s impact on Philadelphia’s wins, when compared to what a different quarterback of average ability could accomplish in the same circumstances, system, and with the same players and coach, is minimal. What reinforces this notion is that these are numbers earned in years past. When Sanchez is asked to do more, turnovers increase and the team fairs poorly (i.e. Sanchez in 2011 and 2012). Thus, in the aggregate, this season is par for the course in both the conventional and advanced categories.

In other words, the thing to be upset about in all of this is not that the Jets let go of Sanchez, but that they didn’t fire Rex after 2012 when he deserved to be fired in order to hire Chip Kelly. The guy has turned over three quarterbacks in two years, none have lit the world on fire, but the offense hasn’t missed a beat. That’s a coach.

Or Kelly simply saw McCoy looking like the beast he was in previous seasons and decided to keep his swiss cheese D off the field against the very proficient Dallas offense.  And that scaled down approach still resulted in 29 throws. 

Sure, there are plenty of hypothetical scenarios we can draw up to evaluate things. Maybe Neo is real and hates Jerry Jones. But that was the first time that the Eagles, under Kelly, have thrown less than 30 times. If we actually did some gay math to figure out why that is, it's more likely that happened because of the degree of turnovers in prior weeks rather than Kelly deciding to take a chance that he never takes on the road against a defense that is extraordinarily weak in the specific area that he is extraordinarily capable in.

I see a lot of fear in this thread.

I see a lot of grown men wasting a lot of personal time. It's ******* Mark Sanchez. Is this really what you'd like to be on your death bed being thankful that you dedicated this much time towards? There are more important things in life. Like Star Wars and The Avengers. And the new Ghostface album. And those Goose Island Bourbon County Beers from Black Friday which are beyond delicious.

• Upvote 1

But doesn't that apply to every thread?

Also, add Alien Isolation to your list. Sick experience playing.

Probably. I dunno. That it's Sanchez just adds another level of shame.

This is definitely Smashmouth... Unless it's Pac.

"Excuse that noise in the background, that's my dad playing music."

That is definitely SAR.

Reveling in a Sanchez Lombardi-raising will be the most worthwhile use of my time on this earth.

Yes, but considering you spend the rest of it masturbating to Benedict Cumberpatch, you don't count.

Man, Seattle is firing on all cylinders. Nothing like peaking in December right before playoff time. It would be kind of nuts if they rebounded to get home field advantage.

True courage is defending a terrible player against all available evidence, then continuing to defend him even when he plays for another team.

If you have something to say about me, you might as well quote me, courage boy.

True courage is defending a terrible player against all available evidence, then continuing to defend him even when he plays for another team.

eQ8ECXX.gif

Good to see the Geyno's and Rutgers of the world return during Seattle week although they were curiously quiet during the first half.

110209-Workaholics-SUP-gif-Imgur-2JPe.gi

Thread died an hour ago. What's the haps?

Allow me to sum it up with a gif rather than stats.

hPaYdrl.gif

• Upvote 1

I want this cherry on top, brother.

Down by 8. 8 to go. Playoffs on the line. Ball in his hands. This is your momen...his, I mean this is his moment.

• Upvote 1

That wasn't good for the cause

Angel: Step up! Step up and throw! You know you're supposed to step up god dammit.

Devil: **** that. Stumble backwards and fall down dude.

Sanchez: You win again, diablo.

• Upvote 4

Sanchez Sanchezing another team out of the playoffs is not as satisfying a thing as I imagined it would be. I kinda feel sick about it. Oh, oh wait no that's just gas. Yeah this is all pretty hilarious. This thread is going to make for some excellent necro material when I get into it.

• Upvote 3

I think, since we blew the draft today, we should each draft a poster. Pac, Smash, SAR, lancemehl, and CrazyCarl will be good picks.

Oh man. How do we decide #1?

Part I

Yup.

Proven GM who had a successful series of playoff campaigns despite a new HC every few years.

Proven postseason QB who never was given back the playmakers he lost, had a HC that never invested in surrounding him with young WR's he could bond with.

SAR I

He hasn't played a game since the 2012 season, where he had nothing to work with. He's not doing bad considering.

Sanchez gets way too much hate in NY for a man who had street bums on his offensive line. I swear the pass rush was practically racing the ball to Sanchez's hands on just about every play. No QB could have done anything under the Jet offensive conditions in 2011 and 2012.

so last week Jets fans made excuses for Vick saying hes second string and does not get the reps in practice but if that player is Sanchez who is having a good over all game HES PLAYING BAD OMG they ran it 4 times for a TD can't tell if Im dealing with Trolls or Retards

Sanchez leads the Eagles to the Super Bowl WOW

Gotta think Chip Kelly is a little bit pumped about this. Coaches love nothing more than taking another coach's trash and turning them into players.

Doesn't Foles already have 10 picks this season?

Can't get worse than that with Sanchez.

Should surprise no one.  The main gripe from the so called Sanchez defenders was the teams inability to surround him with proper weapons.  Seems like just about everyone but Jet fans know that young QB's need help. 

Nobody would have performed under the 2011~2012 offensive lines.

Sanchez's development and star was basically sabotaged.

I bet he does pretty damn good with Chip Kelly, 2010 level

Mark Sanchez is a pretty damning statement against Rex Ryan, and I'm a Rex Ryan fan lately. Like the uncle who always shows up and gives you the coolest, unexpected toy for Christmas every year, Rex Ryan is just cool (in his own way).

But Mark Sanchez is a franchise quarterback today if he was drafted by a better environment.

You can't fake what he did in the play offs, and he did it against healthy football teams. It wasn't like he got lucky.

FTR, I've always said that Sanchez would be starting in the league somewhere when he was 30 or so. Dude was immature and was in possibly the worst environment in the league for his personality type. If Kelly got him to take the game seriously and to understand the nuances of the position, while not asking him to be a Drew Brees-type analytical thinker, he's going to look good.

• Upvote 1

Part Deux

You're all so terrified of the coming Sanchez Ascendancy.

Lol looking pretty good so far dem weapinzzzzzzzzz

Two drives, two scores. The two incompletions were not his fault. He's having a perfect game.

SAR I

Stud

Sanchez becoming good under Chip Kelly would be the final, perfect nail in the Rex-Tannenbaum coffin.

Rex Ryan ruined the guy in a ton of ways. No playmakers, no young receivers for him to bond with, invested all of his time on the defense, and then sacrificed him to injury in the preseason.

But above all else I blame Jets fans. People who saw the butt fumble and never took into account the lack of talent around him and scapegoated Mark Sanchez for everything wrong with this franchise, usually to protect their beloved Rex Ryan. For those fans, I wish nothing more than Mark Sanchez to do very well. The only way the Jets move forward is to learn from their mistakes, and perhaps Jets fans made one as well.

SAR I

Thinking that the Jets gave up too early on Mark Sanchez is not rocket science, not some original idea. Not everything you disagree with is "trolling".

SAR I

Sanchez is Rex's Benghazi

i'm sure chip kelly was devastated that we bungled sanchez so badly he got a former top 5 pick for nothing who is about to go pinball style on the scoreboard

Looks like the 2009/2010 Jets to me. Defense making plays and generating turnovers, ocassionally give up the big play. Offense has a running game and playmakers, special teams contributing in big spots, Mark Sanchez a complimentary piece.

For those who forget, not only did Mark Sanchez lose all of his playmakers and see them not replaced, but because the running game was awful and the defense was awful, Mark was asked to throw 40 times a game. It was a double-whammy. Nice to see him getting another shot. Either way, it's a win for the Jets. If he's awful, we know we didn't make a mistake and we can sleep better at night. If he's good, it's a further indictment of Rex Ryan and it'll ensure he's thrown out and never gets another head coaching job in the NFL.

SAR I

Slow night in my parent's basement: Part Three!

Sanchez, Mathews, Sproles -- what could have been.

amazing what a real coach can do with a top 5 draft pick QB

SANCHIZE  I thought he couldn't read progressions and find tertiary wr's?   LMAO

Coaching matters.

well we are nearing the end of the "what players have left the jets and done anything" defense. by my count, that's the last one.

mark is putting montezuma's revenge on rex right now. no way he survives now with sanchez exploding 90 miles down the road.

In all seriousness, you know who Sanchez looks like right now? Like he did in 2010 against the Texans when Rex's defense blew the lead in the last 2 minutes and Sanchez had to win the game with no time outs.

A coach's job is to nurture and develop talent.

This proves nothing. We won't really know if SANCHEZ turned a corner until he brings a team from behind. In the Super Bowl. In the rain. Down 30. With a minute left. In 20 below weather. Against the 85 Bears. Throwing to Stephen Hill. Left handed.

only if it is snow. and it's 4th and 60 yards to go. and he has no timeouts. and he has a ball and chain around his ankle and is wearing a blindfold. only under these exact circumstances will i ever believe.

Clearly his leadership has motivated the defense.

SAR I

And I sit back and laugh as all my points on Sanchez and the QB position in general come true.

1354618843a289f-original-3.jpg

This is exhausting

Our points...  everyone else too blinded by hate to see what was in front of them. 

just logged on but let me guess..  the usual suspects blame rex right LOL

Sanchez has a chance to break the road playoff victory record

Sanchez is a gunslinger

NFC Championship Game at Philly, Tailgate Joe, full Jets contingent in Jets gear, green and white confetti fills the air, feels just like the real thing.

You in?

SAR I

Now Sanchez finally gets to start a playoff game at home!

Nah, Firefraud will smell the publicity, will come down 95 and protect us.

And I will spend $1200 to hire that plane and fly a banner that says "Mark Sanchez and Darelle Revis - Super Bowl Bound!" Will be a laugh-riot Alice.

SAR I

so... foles will be available next year

my wife just saw the sanchez interview and said "good for him look how happy he is. what rex did to him is like child abuse"

MARKSANCH_zpsbc3044d5.jpg

SAR I

braylonedwardstweet_zps9c679e91.jpg

SAR I

Second wind! Let's do this! 

undoubtedly. this is one of the biggest nut shots to jets fans i can ever remember. although 99% wanted him gone so you reap what you sow. those of us who didn't want him gone, were ridiculed. welcome to being a jets fan.

1%

Morons....morons..the friggin kid won FOUR playoff games in his girst two seasons!!! Morons!

Yea, Sanchez really stunk up the joint last night.

When was the last time a Jets QB threw for 337 yards, 2 TD's and no turnovers???

BTW, the red, yellow, green was all Rex and his staff because he has no clue how to coach a QB. And I agree, that was pretty embarrassing.

Remember on draft day how Sanchez was ecstatic to be a Jet? He loved being on this team.

He should've been here 15 years and name retired in ring of honor.

What the Jets FO, Rex and coaching staff did to that kid was criminally negligent.

where are all the Sanchez haters ??

Interesting, all the football QB know it all's are no shows in this thread.  

Instead of vengeance I've decided to become a Philadelphia Eagles fan for the foreseeable future. It's nice to be right though.

And watching Rex Ryan, John Idzik, and Jets Insider go down in the same year is a nice Christmas present.

SAR I

Been saying this for years and always took the verbal abuse for it. But then I should have looked at who was actually handing out the abuse when Sanchez was stinking it up here ....or should I say the Jets organization stinking it up here

They're doing this cute little thing we're they've shifted blame to Rex.  I don't think anyone other than their cult is buying it but they sure are beating their chests like it's true.  I'll give them that.

We gave them all they could handle PAC now they run and hide behind Idiot Rex :) typical

You're in for a rough stretch then...  Jets are about to rattle of some wins bruh..  throw in a competent QB and watch what the f-ck happens.  even with the worstest coach evarghhh..

I'm preparing to frolic in your anguish.  just in time for Christmas too!

Do you think he'll go out for a Cheesesteak?????????

It's not so much all the clicking as it is having to reread these.

30s something married life...this is what fun is now.

This is setting up to be too good to be true.

Mark Sanchez returning to MetLife Stadium on Christmas weekend, can knock Tom Coughlin and Rex Ryan and John Idzik out in one fell swoop. Game will be flexed, Eagles can get a bye. All it takes is a huge contingent of Jets fans, the J-E-T-S chant after every Eagles score. Forget planes and banners and road signs. Will be an epic social media NYJ takedown for all the NFL to see.

Thousands of cheap tickets on Stubhub, Tailgate Joe, Fireman Ed, we need to fill the place with 20,000 Jets fans.

Who's in?

SAR I

Awesome, thanks.

Later in the process I'll have something set up for donations like this.

Best,

SAR I

It'd be pretty amazing to have a contingent of Jets fans welcoming Sanchez back as a conquering hero. lol Only in New York

The Jets should never have gotten rid of the Sanchize. Rex Ryan ruined him with not getting him any recievers

Mark Sanchez has as many wins this season as the Jets do as a team.

He went to Geno's to get a cheesesteak too. Because of course he did.

It's very theoretical at this point, and a lot of things have to fall into place, but we're the Jets so you know it's going to play out like this:

1. Mark Sanchez plays very well in Chip Kelly's system.
2. Eagles are sitting at 11-4 when they face the Giants.
3. A win gives the Eagles the NFC East and a first round bye.
4. The drama of Sanchez, the Eagles, the NY Giants market, and the "homecoming" gets the game flexed.
5. 1/3 of the Stadium are Giants fans, 1/3 of the Stadium are Eagles fans, 1/3 of the Stadium are Jets fans.
6. Eagles score, chaos ensues. J-E-T-S chant is whipped out, Eagles fans are chanting, Giants are shamed.
7. We get selfies with Mark Sanchez in his 2014 NFC Champions Cap.
8. Humiliation caused by fans forces Woody Johnson to get rid of Ryan and Idzik.
9. Happy New Year.

SAR I

If Sanchez is still playing well, and this game is the one that serves as the Eagles' coronation, I'm in. I DESPISE going to MetLife, but I'd do this to shame the Jets.

very true but I did say that in one of my posts ... The thing is I've never seen Sanchez play this well over a 2 game span. He just looks like a different QB. We wont know for sure how this pans out until next year IMO because if he does continue to play well the key to becoming a good QB is consistency and keeping the mistakes to a minimum. Time will tell

"He's a baller,'' rookie wide receiver Jordan Matthews, who had career highs of seven receptions, 138 yards and two touchdowns, said. "Like I said, he's a franchise quarterback.''

Mark Sanchez playing well under Kelly is the rope we hang Rex Ryan's ghost with.

Guys I need to take a break. All of this awesome has caused quite the appetite. I hope you'll forgive me.

This thread is now perfect

It's remarkable too, because 4 hours ago I would have said that it was impossible for anyone to surpass you as the head nutjob in this thread.

So can the metrics.

If Mark's stats from 2009 and 2010 were to be trusted, the Jets never made the post-season, never won 4 playoff games, never had 5 miracle fourth quarter comebacks. I guess all that adrenalin and jumping and high-fiving I remember in epic comeback wins against the Texans, Broncos, Lions, Browns, and Steelers and all those playoff shockers against the Bengals, Chargers, Colts, and Patriots were a mirage. The stats say it never happened.

SAR I

juan-over-juan-equals-gay-m.jpg

• Upvote 1

Attention nerds: we need an adrenalin/jumping/high-fiving metric STAT

This is amazing. A legit meltdown. Over Mark Sanchez. 

You can always tell a Sanchez supporter by the way the call him Mark, like he's their favorite member of Menudo.

Remember the Gainesville nutjobs during the Tebow year? They always referred to him as Timmy. sh*t was creepy as all hell.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company