Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

jgb

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's almost like coaching and weapons can't magically transmogrify a mopey retard into Matt Ryan. #weird

The difference is--I guess--that he looks better in every other part of the game. He's confident, he's driving the ball downfield, his yards per attempt is way up, etc, but he still makes those 2-3 plays in a game that make you puke.

The difference is--I guess--that he looks better in every other part of the game. He's confident, he's driving the ball downfield, his yards per attempt is way up, etc, but he still makes those 2-3 plays in a game that make you puke.

this is pretty much on the money. He threw a pass yesterday he had no business throwing with a 2 TD lead. If its not there Sanchez needs to learn to throw it away . It seems his problem is when he's not in  position to throw he tries to throw it in there anyway which hurts him . When he sets and throws he does extremely well from what I've seen so far. Kid needs to use his head and he can be a very good QB. Throw the damn ball away

I can't wait to necro this post on Thursday.

You brought this upon yourself. Remember that.

The truth is outside of 2012, it's not like we weren't seeing the same kind of crap out of Sanchez during his time with the Jets, which is why I didn't get all of the ranting and raving about him in recent weeks, either here or in the media.  There were plenty of moments that would make you think he actually might be worth a damn, it's just that they would always be followed by some of the most mind-numbingly stupid throws and/or decisions ever seen which, despite the best efforts of many, could not reasonably be blamed on anyone but himself.  His first two years I mostly defended Sanchez because it seemed like the actions of a young kid who was still trying to figure things out, and could potentially correct them, but enough is eventually enough and after 6 years there's no more excuses to be made, the guy is a complete dipsh*t and there's little reason to believe that's ever going to change.  6 INTs and 5 fumbles in 4 games is laughably bad.  We're literally talking Geno Smith levels of bad, at least in terms of turnovers.  Being less awful than Geno in other areas is still pretty far off from being any good.

That is it in a nutshell. Some things you can overlook, but his mistakes kill you.

The truth is outside of 2012, it's not like we weren't seeing the same kind of crap out of Sanchez during his time with the Jets, which is why I didn't get all of the ranting and raving about him in recent weeks, either here or in the media. There were plenty of moments that would make you think he actually might be worth a damn, it's just that they would always be followed by some of the most mind-numbingly stupid throws and/or decisions ever seen which, despite the best efforts of many, could not reasonably be blamed on anyone but himself. His first two years I mostly defended Sanchez because it seemed like the actions of a young kid who was still trying to figure things out, and could potentially correct them, but enough is eventually enough and after 6 years there's no more excuses to be made, the guy is a complete dipsh*t and there's little reason to believe that's ever going to change. 6 INTs and 5 fumbles in 4 games is laughably bad. We're literally talking Geno Smith levels of bad, at least in terms of turnovers. Being less awful than Geno in other areas is still pretty far off from being any good.

Yeah, the turnovers have obviously been absurd, but he's looked like a significantly better player overall than he ever was here. What's interesting is that Kelly doesn't pull the leash on him after a bad play--he makes Sanchez go out and throw it down the field again. Whether that burns him eventually remains to be seen, and if Sanchez loses them the game on Thanksgiving, he's likely done as a starter from that point on in his career. That said, I've been interested to see if different (better?) coaching could fix even the most flawed QB. I think the answer, right now, is "kinda."

The truth is outside of 2012, it's not like we weren't seeing the same kind of crap out of Sanchez during his time with the Jets, which is why I didn't get all of the ranting and raving about him in recent weeks, either here or in the media. There were plenty of moments that would make you think he actually might be worth a damn, it's just that they would always be followed by some of the most mind-numbingly stupid throws and/or decisions ever seen which, despite the best efforts of many, could not reasonably be blamed on anyone but himself. His first two years I mostly defended Sanchez because it seemed like the actions of a young kid who was still trying to figure things out, and could potentially correct them, but enough is eventually enough and after 6 years there's no more excuses to be made, the guy is a complete dipsh*t and there's little reason to believe that's ever going to change. 6 INTs and 5 fumbles in 4 games is laughably bad. We're literally talking Geno Smith levels of bad, at least in terms of turnovers. Being less awful than Geno in other areas is still pretty far off from being any good.

30 for 43 for over 300 yards.....Ill take those 2 INTs if we're scoring 40+ a game. Look guys, the kid is good, and we f---- up. Its really that simple. He playing great. And I had to say this, but most great QBs make a couple plays every game that make you puke......because they usually surround those plays with 30 completions, 300 yards, 40 points and wins. And thats pretty much what he's been doing so far.

Its the same Sanchez we saw here, the one that won four road playoff games, before Tebow came and Clyde Gates became his number one receiver. lol

30 for 43 for over 300 yards.....Ill take those 2 INTs if we're scoring 40+ a game. Look guys, the kid is good, and we f---- up. Its really that simple. He playing great. And I had to say this, but most great QBs make a couple plays every game that make you puke......because they usually surround those plays with 30 completions, 300 yards, 40 points and wins. And thats pretty much what he's been doing so far.

Its the same Sanchez we saw here, the one that won four road playoff games, before Tebow came and Clyde Gates became his number one receiver. lol

:face: 

There is no metric under which Sanchez is "playing great."

Meh...There were times in that Green Bay game where he was reverting to the Sanchez of old.

He looks to me like he did in 2010. Up and Down.

:face:

There is no metric under which Sanchez is "playing great."

He's playing great for Mark Sanchez, because he was written out of the league a year ago, so hes probably h3ading for comeback poy. He's playing great for a backup QB, 3-1 and keeping his team in the playoff hunt.

He has 1200 yards in 4 games, completing 63%......idk. id say the only metric under which he ISNT playing great is on a Jets forum. lol

The Sour grapes metric.

He's playing great for Mark Sanchez, because he was written out of the league a year ago, so hes probably h3ading for comeback poy. He's playing great for a backup QB, 3-1 and keeping his team in the playoff hunt.

He has 1200 yards in 4 games, completing 63%......idk. id say the only metric under which he ISNT playing great is on a Jets forum. lol

The Sour grapes metric.

The only metric under which he is playing great is The Self Flagellation Metric. He's also doing well on the I Told You It Was The Wepinzz and The Coachings scale.

It's simple. He plays bad defenses he's doing great. He plays a semi competent defense, he looks like the same dog sh*t we had here.

They were SUPPOSED to beat the Texans, the Panthers and the Titans.

Meh...There were times in that Green Bay game where he was reverting to the Sanchez of old.

He looks to me like he did in 2010. Up and Down.

Lol the sour grapes are ripe! 63%....nothing like 2010 (a year in which his "up" was outplaying brady in a foxboro playoff game btw lol)

Ok, this year his ups are returning from the grave and coming off the Eagles bench to not only keep them right in the hunt, but make a case for letting Foles take the rest of the season off....regardless. 3-1 , averaging 35 points a game, 300 yards per game, 63% comp, 7tds.......and his downs? 6 interceptions.....3 of them meaningless, occuring with the game decided.

The Sour grapes metric.

No, he's not. 

He's likely only to get one or two more starts. The second Foles is cleared to play, Sanchez sits. 4-5 starts ain't gonna be enough to win Comeback Player of the Year. 

At least two turnovers a game is horrible for anyone. 

The only metric under which he is playing great is The Self Flagellation Metric. He's also doing well on the I Told You It Was The Wepinzz and The Coachings scale.

It's simple. He plays bad defenses he's doing great. He plays a semi competent defense, he looks like the same dog sh*t we had here.

Keep telling yourself that. lol

But, he doesn't even play all that good against bad defenses as he has turned the ball over at least twice against literally every defense he has faced. 

Sanchez is the smart kid in the slow class. 

No, he's not.

He's likely only to get one or two more starts. The second Foles is cleared to play, Sanchez sits. 4-5 starts ain't gonna be enough to win Comeback Player of the Year.

At least two turnovers a game is horrible for anyone.

Hes gonna make it very hard for Foles. I wouldnt be so sure, he doesnt takes his job.......simply because he's BETTER than him. Sanchez sits at 5-1, lets say, and FOlesy comes in and tanks a game and a half.......uh oh. lol

And if a lackluster Foles has them limping into the playoffs, they may very well want the guy with the proven postseason track record. Foles can very easily become Sanchez' b-----. This isnt Tom Brady coming back.

Either way, he will be starting somewhere next year (if not Philly).

Btw, hes averaging 1.5 ints a game......thru 4.

Hes gonna make it very hard for Foles. I wouldnt be so sure, he doesnt takes his job.......simply because he's BETTER than him. Sanchez sits at 5-1, lets say, and FOlesy comes in and tanks a game and a half.......uh oh. lol

And if a lackluster Foles has them limping into the playoffs, they may very well want the guy with the proven postseason track record. Foles can very easily become Sanchez' b-----. This isnt Tom Brady coming back.

ron_swanson_2743.jpg

When Sanchez can throw up a season like Foles did last year someone might actually believe your yarn besides you.

Thursday 7:30 PM

Dallas 47 Eagles 17

Tony Romo

Dallas

Romo 4 TD passes 375 yards

2 Defensive TD'S ..pick sixes

Eagles

Mark Suckchez

O TD 3 INT 2 Pick Sixes 2 Fumbles lost

87 yds

Removed after first half

Matt Barkley