Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

jgb

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That fumble is his fault too?

Mark Sanchez is terrible at covering Dez Bryant.

When it comes to the things Mark Sanchez can control, how does he perform?  It must be exhausting listing off hundreds of excuses.  Much easier to simply admit he's just plain f*ckin terrible at football.

Better than Geno Smith.

Not helping.  Mark Sanchez was a top 5 pick.  Geno was a 2nd rounder.  Mark Sanchez set this franchise back 5 years because we gave him a costly contract extension.  We can, and will, move on from Geno much quicker with very little financial burden.

Sanchez Sanchezing another team out of the playoffs is not as satisfying a thing as I imagined it would be. I kinda feel sick about it. Oh, oh wait no that's just gas. Yeah this is all pretty hilarious. This thread is going to make for some excellent necro material when I get into it.

Can't wait!

Sanchez Sanchezing another team out of the playoffs is not as satisfying a thing as I imagined it would be. I kinda feel sick about it. Oh, oh wait no that's just gas. Yeah this is all pretty hilarious. This thread is going to make for some excellent necro material when I get into it.

Ninja'd

I just need to believe that there are coaches out there who can fix quarterbacks. I refuse to believe that QBs only come from the Magical QB Tree.

I think that talent evaluation is more important.  Pete Carroll was screaming that this kid wasn't ready.  Small sample size in college was screaming against us using a top pick on him.  Common sense screamed against us doubling down with a contract extension.  These are simple things that good organizations take into account.  

There's so few great QB's out there and you need to constantly be looking at new QB's in every draft.  We could have easily gotten Russell Wilson in 2012 and Jimmy Garoppolo this year, but for unknown reasons we didn't seem at all interested.  We seem to prefer to let the incumbent get innumerable chances rather than try to supplement the position, and then wonder why no one on our bench is good enough to supplant our sh*tty starter.  Meanwhile the Seahawks get pretty lucky with Wilson, who unexpectedly wayyy outperformed the expensive Flynn in camp in '12, and the Pats have Garoppolo on their team even when their starter is Brady.  

If there are no top QB prospects worth going after in a draft, the good orgs still find room in the middle rounds for QB's while we just don't do it.  It doesn't always work around but its worth a shot, because NO ONE knows how a QB will pan out for several years.  The Pats never knew what they had in Brady in the 6th round, but you can't know until you pull the trigger on one at least every other year or so.

I think that talent evaluation is more important.  Pete Carroll was screaming that this kid wasn't ready.  Small sample size in college was screaming against us using a top pick on him.  Common sense screamed against us doubling down with a contract extension.  These are simple things that good organizations take into account.

Interesting example, as the HC you mention was most definitely a beneficiary of fruit from the magical QB tree.

I think that talent evaluation is more important. Pete Carroll was screaming that this kid wasn't ready. Small sample size in college was screaming against us using a top pick on him. Common sense screamed against us doubling down with a contract extension. These are simple things that good organizations take into account.

I'm with you on all that. I still think watching Chip Kelly work with dudes like Sanchez and Foles is interesting as all get out.

Archived